Profile for Victoria Clare > Reviews

Victoria Clare (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Philips HR2162/91 Viva Collection Blender, 600 Watt, 2 Litre
Philips HR2162/91 Viva Collection Blender, 600 Watt, 2 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems well made and powerful. Only thing is, ..., 16 Sept. 2015
Seems well made and powerful. Only thing is, be VERY careful to check that the bottom section with the blades is fitted properly into place onto the jug part, as once the jug's full of milk-shake things can get messy!

Crocs A-leigh Leather, Women's Boots, Brown (Cinnamon/Walnut), 7 UK
Crocs A-leigh Leather, Women's Boots, Brown (Cinnamon/Walnut), 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Sept. 2015
Very comfortable and seem well put together.

Anvil Women's Basic Short Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt, Navy, Size 16 (Brand Size: X-Large)
Offered by Discount Clothing 4U--Clothing-Bowls-Snooker

4.0 out of 5 stars well made but bigger than expected, 16 Sept. 2015
A tad baggy for a size 16 on the XL, I'll get the L if I buy another.

The Great British Bake Off Weighing Scales in Cream
The Great British Bake Off Weighing Scales in Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars I like these. They seem well made and plenty accurate ..., 10 May 2015
I like these. They seem well made and plenty accurate enough, no worries about flat batteries, and environmentally friendly as no batteries to throw away.

Ruffwear Web Master Dogs Harness Red Medium
Ruffwear Web Master Dogs Harness Red Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb harness for escape-artist lurcher., 10 May 2015
My powerful lurcher with his deep chest and narrow neck could back out of any other harness, and since he has occasionally hit the end of the lead hard enough to pull me over, I really didn't want to risk him putting that sort of force onto a collar around his neck. He can't get out of this, so walks are much more relaxing as I can make sure he's only offlead once I've decided it's safe!

The handle has also proved handy when climbing steep rocky paths, and getting in and out of boats. Well worth the money.

Wolf 5 in 1 1200w Super Heated Floor and Hand Held Steam Cleaner - Complete with 2 x Floor Cloths, 2 x Upholstery Cloths

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish they sold the straight nozzle separately, 30 Jun. 2014
Have had this over a year now, and in a household with multiple cats and dogs, it's had some pretty hard use. I'm delighted with it, it was cheap, is robust, easy to use and excellent at removing water-soluble gunk. It's not magic, but it is still remarkably effective. In particular, it's done well on a couple of manky stains on a cream carpet that I had given up hope of removing.

I do wish however that they sold the straight nozzle bit separately: I've dropped it on its nose twice and broken it, and I'd like to order another replacement, but the phone lines are very busy and I am having to keep ringing to try to get hold of someone to sell me one. :-(

PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate [Download]
PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate [Download]

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this item from Amazon, 16 Jun. 2014
The activation code issued by Amazon does not activate this download, and purchasing this item here does not allow you access to the Corel support system (for which you need a separate code from Corel: they will not talk to you without it.)

Amazon's support information on activation keys says 'contact the supplier' but you can't, because you don't have a Corel support code.

The format of the activation code issued by Amazon is not correct, according to the Corel support information.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2014 11:45 AM BST

Fire and Sword
Fire and Sword
by Louise Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny terrifying Scottish armies, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fire and Sword (Paperback)
What struck me first, was how small and personal a setting this book has. It's a tiny, small-scale world, which none the less seems very real and scary - twelve men on horseback are an army, which really is a terrifying threat that destroys lives. And at the same time, communications are slow - really slow - so the same small land that can be menaced by a tiny, tiny army, is none the less days away from any authority that can help, even if they can be made to listen. Fire And Sword shows that very starkly and clearly - an excellent insight into a medieval world.

I was less won over by the love story aspect of the novel. The hero is an engaging personality, but I could not help finding his wife awfully annoying. I suppose many historical people *were* annoying - and one has to give her a certain amount of leeway, for growing up in a culture that considered young women essentially as trade counters and trapped them into marriage at a very young age. And yet... although her reasons for behaving as she did fitted with the background, I just couldn't like her, and didn't manage to bring myself to care deeply about whether her marriage would work out or not. I found myself focussing on the political machinations and the action, and less on the romance.

None the less, good readable and entertaining historical fiction, well worth a read, and deserves five stars because I did actually stay up considerably later than I should have done to find out what was going to happen next!

The Pogles
The Pogles
Dvd ~ Oliver Postgate
Offered by Northlands-Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Do not show this to your children, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Pogles (DVD)
I watched this in a group of adults. We all started watching very jolly, thinking, ho ho, let us see what this was that was too scary in 1965??

Some time later, we were all a lot quieter and a lot more respectful of those resilient 1960's kids who watched this and apparently toughed it out? It really is dark, with some disturbing echoes (the boot that kicks down the door with the family cowering within, the way the witch traps people in a cage, the way things get worse and worse over a series of episodes).

Oliver Postgate was right: this is too dark for kids. It's quite interesting viewing, full of angst and drama.

Flush Puppies Wallet including 60 Flushable Bags, Pack of 3
Flush Puppies Wallet including 60 Flushable Bags, Pack of 3
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty nifty, 23 Aug. 2013
These bags are PVA, as described, and are plenty big enough for what my large lurcher produces.

The bags do not dissolve instantly, but they do dissolve. Try putting one in water and leave it for a bit and you can see the 'plastic' wrinkle and become thin, and eventually disintegrate. You don't want them to dissolve too fast or they would fall to bits from moisture in what you are picking up. I prefer this brand to another flushable brand I've tried, as the bags seem a little more robust and the pouch does a good job of keeping them dry but easy to get at.

They are more likely to cause a blockage if you wrap the poo up loosely and get air into the bag - if you wrap it closely, this isn't a problem. If there is an air bubble, it's not a complete disaster, you can still flush but sometimes you have to either prod it with a stick or leave it for a bit to dissolve, which is a bit unpleasant. Once you get the knack of not creating a bubble, this doesn't seem to happen.

I've been using these for my two dogs for over a year now with no plumbing problems. I wouldn't use them in a Saniflo loo, but they are OK for a normal one.

I find them particularly useful when travelling with dogs and you don't know where the nearest poo bins are and don't want to fill a hotel or holiday cottage bin with poo! I also use them for clearing the garden because no pile of poo going into landfill, and no pile of stinky bags to store.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5