Profile for Gina > Reviews

I Ching: Walking Your Path, Creating Your Future
I Ching: Walking Your Path, Creating Your Future
by Hilary Barrett

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential buy !, 10 Jan. 2011
This is a great book and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a wish to get much closer to the true, unique meanings of their answers from the I Ching.

It is written very clearly and simply yet none of the breadth and beauty of the Oracle is lost. The author brings much lucidity to a text that is often seen as obscure and hard to apply to the problems we face in the modern world. This book manages to bridge that gap beautifully.

Rather than flatly describe 'meanings' or fall into formulaic commentary the author seems to facilitate a live dialogue between oneself and the I Ching. One feels invited into all the possibilities of ones own reading. Meanings and interpretations are not finalised or closed down as they are in many I Ching books, rather they are opened up. One finds the book enables one to think more about ones answer, to make ones own connections, so it is a book that encourages a very individual, living connection with the Oracle.

This book truly provides a valuable new link between the I Ching and how we live our lives today. I'd say it was an essential buy for anyone consulting the I Ching whether beginner or seasoned user. It is also a very attractive well laid out book which makes it even better value !