Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer "Spike Lover" (Astoria, NY)

Vigilante Of Shadows (Scarlet Rain Series, Book 1)
Vigilante Of Shadows (Scarlet Rain Series, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Rollercoaster ride!!!, 16 July 2014
I received this book as a gift from the author. What an awesome read!!! From the first page to the last page it was like being on a rollercoaster. I loved the Scottish dialect (I read the Outlander series, so I was able to read it with no problem). The chemistry between Aodhan and Arianwen was electric from the minute they met. I loved the way we got the backstory on both characters. It was a wee bit graphic for my taste, but the story compensated for that. I highly recommend this book, what a thrill!!! Keep up the good work Mirnada!!! :)

Just Another Day at the Office [Full Novel]: A Steamy Office Romance
Just Another Day at the Office [Full Novel]: A Steamy Office Romance

4.0 out of 5 stars A very apt description of the title of the book, 8 July 2014
I received this book as a gift from the author. This is not a typical read for me, but it did draw me in. I liked the POV of both Cath and John, its always interesting to hear both point of views on the same circumstances and it evolved the story nicely. I also liked how Cath was attracted to someone who was not in the normal demographic of a male interest. It gives hope that not all people are after the six-pack hunks that are the norm for romance books. I found it very refreshing. All in all, it was an enjoyable read that would attract everyday people to read and relate too. Keep up the good work Hedonist Six!!! :)

Unholy Alliance: (A DI Frank Lyle Mystery) (DI Frank Lyle Mysteries Book 3)
Unholy Alliance: (A DI Frank Lyle Mystery) (DI Frank Lyle Mysteries Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit for DI Frank Lyle, 30 Jun. 2014
I received this book as a gift from the author. Another hit by Julie B. Madison. The story begins about 6 months after the second book and the action is non-stop. After reading the other two books in the series, it was like being embraced by family. The story isn't just about the murder of a priest, it also about the relationships between the characters. The connection that Frank and Jayseera is still very strong and unwavering especiallly they have their daughter now. I like how Frank resolved his relationship with Jez (his stepson). All together it was another enjoyable read. I hope the author continues writing more about the engaging DI Frank Lyle!!!!

Heir to Misfortune: (A DI Frank Lyle Mystery) (DI Frank Lyle Mysteries Book 2)
Heir to Misfortune: (A DI Frank Lyle Mystery) (DI Frank Lyle Mysteries Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable British Mystery, 30 Jun. 2014
I was given this book as a gift from the author. This is one of the first mystery books that was written by a English author in England. The English words took a while to get used to considering I mostly read mystery books written by American authors. But once I got the hang of it,it was a smooth reading ride (though I had to look up a Bacon Butty on Bing, because it sounded so good). I found the characters well developed and I grew to care about them very much. I love Frank & Jayseera's connection and relationship. I was very happy on how Frank and his son James' bond evolved over the years. I also liked how the story did not just revolve around the murders and crimes, but also how it impacted all the characters involved in the crimes and their families. My one gripe was that there was a lot of repetitive information on the characters. I did not mind to much the repetitiveness on the death of Sunil with Frank, because of how close their relationship was and each person deals with death in their own way. All together it was a very enjoyable read!!!