Profile for EJ > Reviews

Content by EJ

EJ

The Total Suspended Bodyweight Training Workout: Trade Secrets of a Personal Trainer
by Steve Barrett

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but a bit overpriced and amateurish. If a ..., 3 April 2016
OK but a bit overpriced and amateurish. If a training guide is provided with the equipment `i'd not bother with it.

APE Training Suspension Trainer - Professional Grade Suspension Training System - Includes High Quality Straps, Heavy Duty Buckles, Door Anchor, Comfort Handle Grips and Instructional/Nutritional Ebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased I bought it, 3 April 2016
Exactly what I wanted and expected. The set-up guide provided doesn't match the equipment. I emailed APE for confirmation and by return they were completely attentive and helpful. Nothing wrong with the kit but set-up guide confuses a bit. One small downside is that the training guide does not come in book form but is provided for down-load meaning you have to print it out (18 pages). This is a bit of an imposition but really doesn't detract from the overall satisfaction. Pleased I bought it.

Office Mac Home and Student 2011 - 1User  [Download]
Office Mac Home and Student 2011 - 1User [Download]

3.0 out of 5 stars Scandalous. I have a Mac21 (desk top) with the ..., 6 Nov. 2015
Scandalous. I have a Mac21 (desk top) with the software loaded. I recently bought a MacAirbook for when I travel. Microsoft insist that I purchase the software again. I wish there was a suitable alternative and Apple get there act together with 'Numbers". Having said that the Microsoft product is OK but still has the infuriating characteristics that make it, on occasions, a pain to use.

The Pilates Bible: The Most Comprehensive and Accessible Guide to Pilates Ever
The Pilates Bible: The Most Comprehensive and Accessible Guide to Pilates Ever
by Lynne Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Painful shoulders, 3 Oct. 2012
Having suffered for years with restricted movement and pain in my shoulders and spent a fortune on chiropracters I was fortunate enough to have a pilates session with Lisa Bradshaw (co-author of the Pilates Bible). The tranformation in both movement and release from pain was dramatic. I now work daily using the Pilates Bible and the true benefits must be experienced to be appreciated. Generally I'm finding that my everyday awareness of posture and movement is having an amazing effect. Can't praise the book too highly.

Garmin Nuvi 1490T 5" Sat Nav with Europe Maps and Lifetime Traffic Alerts (discountinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 6 Sept. 2012
I had a previous version. It was a bit flaky and eventually froze on me. Decided to replace with this one. Wish I hadn't. It takes ages to load the maps. Yesterday I'd driven over 8 miles before it gave me maps and I had to pull over to set the destination. An extremely irritating feature is that, even when you on "A" roads, it will give you reference to street names rather than the designated road number. The sign post are all giving A**** but the nav. tells you to turn down such and such a street. Not all the time but enough to make me scream. As soon as I can afford it the thing goes out of the window and I get something from another manufacture.

Paperback Oxford English Dictionary
Paperback Oxford English Dictionary
by Oxford Dictionaries

4.0 out of 5 stars Irritation, 17 Aug. 2012
It's a dictionary! However, positioned between the "h" and the "i" reference letters is a 146 page section titled "Factfinder". I find this a seriously irritating impediment to looking up words. What could possibly be the logic!