Profile for Julie > Reviews

Content by Julie

Julie (Swaffham, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
365 Phew!
365 Phew!
by Carla Sonheim

5.0 out of 5 stars I would have given up creating art every day but no matter how bad a day gets, 12 Feb. 2017
This review is from: 365 Phew! (Paperback)
Loving this book. I would have given up creating art every day but no matter how bad a day gets, there is always another day, another page! I am so excited to see how my art progresses over the year. Wish I had bought a 2nd one for journaling in - perhaps next year!
I am doing some multi-media work. The paper is thin and will bleed through if you use sharpies or watercolor, but a coating of Matt Medium to the page works wonders.

P1NY-Good Quality Dragon Design 1-Zip-up Silky Purse Organizer Bag With Tassel On-navy blue
Offered by CHINA ELEMENTS UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and pretty, 22 Nov. 2016
Shipped from the UK so arrived quickly. Lovely bag and beautifully packaged. I definitely recommend.

Habit Quotes: Inspirational Picture Quotes about Habits and Change (Leanjumpstart Life Series Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 11 Aug. 2015
Beautiful! Very inspiring picture book with quotes about habits. Great for dipping into when you need motivating. And the pictures are gorgeous!

Tommy and Daniel Discover Real Magic (Part One AND Part Two!) (Mnemonics For Kids)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Introduction to Mnemonics for Kids, 11 Aug. 2015
As a homeschooling Mom I am always interested in ways I can help my children learn in fun and easy ways. Real Magic caught my eye and I asked Joshua if I could have a copy to review on my website. I didn't expect such a delightful little book. The story is very engaging but leads kids though a practical memory/mnemonics technique that they can easily do themselves. Actually, it made me want to do it too! It is a perfect introduction to memory palaces for younger children and I bet any child that reads this will super charge their learning!

Tommy and Daniel Discover Real Magic (Part One AND Part Two!): Updated Nov. 2nd, 2015: Now Containing Part One AND Part Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 11 Aug. 2015
Part One of 'Real Magic' is just a warm up (you will need Part Two too) but this is a very cute book. The story is engaging and the drawings are delightful. I think kids would love it and want to read more.
(Disclosure : Joshua gave me a free copy of this book so I could review it with a view to recommending on my website).

Friendship Quotes - Inspirational Picture Quotes about Friendships and Friends: Gift Book with Quotations and Brilliantly Colored Photos (Leanjumpstart Life Series 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book. Lovely to browse through and think about ..., 26 April 2015
Beautiful book. Lovely to browse through and think about the quotes. It would make a fantastic gift. I like to leave it open at a random page on my tablet and leaf through when I have a few moments.

Words of Radiance: The Stormlight Archive Book Two
Words of Radiance: The Stormlight Archive Book Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Oct. 2014
What an exciting book - really wonderful read. I couldn't put it down - it was the best fantasy I have read in ages (and I read a lot!)
Even better than book one - I can't wait for book three!

The Wheel of The Year: A Beginner's Guide to Celebrating the Traditional Pagan Festivals of the Seasons
by Maureen Murrish

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide to the festivals, 14 Jun. 2014
I have been looking for an easy to follow, easily understood guide to the pagan festivals and this is it. I like that there is a complete guide to celebrating each of the festivals but there are also lists of the spells and correspondences so I don’t have to search through each festival to find what I want between times. I will definitely be dipping into this book at every festival and more.

Wake Up Successful - How to Increase Your Energy and Achieve Any Goal with a Morning Routine (Productive Habits Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Motivating, 20 Jun. 2013
I found this quite motivating actually. I liked the idea of the Power Hour and the examples of how to work it were laid out clearly.
4 stars because it isn't formatted properly - the beginning seems a bit jumbled up. Also going to the beginning of the book via a kindle takes you 15% into it and you have to page back to the start.

OCTOVO PU Sleeve Case for Kindle 3 (Fits Kindle Keyboard) - International Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect, 19 Jan. 2012
I love, love this kindle case. It was just what I wanted. Sturdy and protective. Please OCTOVO - can you do one for the ipad now?

Page: 1 | 2