Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Sarah Portlock > Reviews

Content by Sarah Portlock

Sarah Portlock (Prestatyn, N Wales)

AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for 5-Inch / 12.7 cm Sat Navs
AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for 5-Inch / 12.7 cm Sat Navs

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Feb. 2016
Super fast delivery within 24 hours. Good product. Does what it says on the tin.

Nav-Mat DIP - New 2011 Version - Dash Mount for Portable Satellite Navigation - Licensed by the Association of Chief Police Officers as an Official Police Security Initiative approval -UK Specification

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Feb. 2016
Excellent product and delivered within 24 hours -couldn't ask for more.

Michael Kors Women's Quartz Watch MK5943 with Metal Strap
Michael Kors Women's Quartz Watch MK5943 with Metal Strap
Offered by Arista Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, 22 Nov. 2015
Just love this watch. Looks very pretty and just what I was looking for. Arrived promptly and was well packaged. Very satisfied with the service I received, thank you.

Cabin Max Flight Approved Lightweight Carry on Trolley Backpack Bag
Cabin Max Flight Approved Lightweight Carry on Trolley Backpack Bag
Offered by Home & Travel

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed quality product, 29 Mar. 2015
Fantastic! Well designed to create maximum space to pack what you need with a couple of useful pockets too. The retractable handle and ability to alternate it into a backpack if required is a brilliant idea. Only one drawback, I ordered two and now want a third but out of stock and nor sure when they will restock.

Birkenstock Gizeh 043661 Black Patent 43 EU
Birkenstock Gizeh 043661 Black Patent 43 EU
Offered by Bells Shoes
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Birkies!, 15 Sept. 2011
Bought my first pair of these before going abroad on holiday - what a revelation! They are sooo comfortable. As the ads and customers say, they really do mould to your feet, so for that reason its imperative that you wear them several times to 'break them in' and get used to them BEFORE you use them. Having said that once you have done this, they are the most comfortable thing you can treat your feet to. The suede insole feels lovely against the sole of your foot and keeps your feet lovely and cool. Your foot is fully supported and they are so easy to wear you practically forget you've got them on. If you are looking for the ideal summer sandal where comfort and style are important to you, then plump for these. Amazon carry a very wide range of sizes and every colour you can think of so two or three pairs in different colours would definitely see you through your summer wardrobe to co-ordinate with whatever you are wearing. Also the price is excellent, the Gizeh thong-style Birkies were averaging 70 Euro each in Ibiza so stock up before you go away! Would not hesitate to buy them again - well worth it.

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, 27 Feb. 2010
As previously, super fast delivery, great little piece of kit to enable you to view your photos without having to connect your camera up to your PC.

Canon EOS 1000D EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (non IS) Lens Kit
Canon EOS 1000D EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (non IS) Lens Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon 1000D - Great camera!, 26 Feb. 2010
I treated myself to the Canon 1000D kit complete with the EF-S 18-55 kit lens for Christmas (my 'To Me, From Me' present) and I'm not disappointed. I wouldn't describe myself as a photography buff at all and prior to buying this camera used a neat little Canon Powershot compact. So why change? Having initially pooh poohed the idea of a Digital SLR as far too complicated and too much of a 'serious' camera for me, I was persuaded otherwise by someone who had the Canon 500D and having been persuaded that it was just as easy to use as my point and shoot with full auto settings (and it was when I tried it) I was won over by the difference in quality of the photos. I did some research via 'Which' and the Canon 1000D came out tops as a 'best buy' in terms of picture quality and ease of use. In fact most of the digital SLR's came out with top ratings for ease of use so don't be put off as I was by the fact that it looks a 'serious' camera. Picture quality is excellent, the kit lens supplied takes great shots and there is a full auto set-up which makes it as easy to use straight out of the box as your compact digital 'point and shoot' camera, but the possibilities are endless and I can guarantee you will end up taking some really professional shots. Another tip - buy the 'Dummies' guide specifically for this make/model by Julie Adair King - if shutter speed, exposure and ISO all sound FAR too technical this great book will help to make sense of it all in a very easy to follow, no-nonsense kind of way. Yes you can keep it on the 'auto' setting and take great pictures with it but as Julie says with this camera, that's like having a Porsche but never actually taking it on a road! Go for it, you'll be glad you did!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2011 2:50 AM GMT

Canon EOS 1000D Body Only
Canon EOS 1000D Body Only

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit for those new to Digital SLR, 20 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Canon EOS 1000D Body Only (Camera)
I treated myself to the Canon 1000D kit complete with the EF-S 18-55 kit lens for Christmas (my 'To Me, From Me' present) and I'm not disappointed. I wouldn't describe myself as a photography buff at all and prior to buying this camera used a neat little Canon Powershot compact. So why change? Having initially pooh poohed the idea of a Digital SLR as far too complicated and too much of a 'serious' camera for me, I was persuaded otherwise by someone who had the Canon 500D and having been persuaded that it was just as easy to use as my point and shoot with full auto settings (and it was when I tried it) I was won over by the difference in quality of the photos. I did some research via 'Which' and the Canon 1000D came out tops as a 'best buy' in terms of picture quality and ease of use. In fact most of the digital SLR's came out with top ratings for ease of use so don't be put off as I was by the fact that it looks a 'serious' camera. Picture quality is excellent, the kit lens supplied takes great shots and there is a full auto set-up which makes it as easy to use straight out of the box as your compact digital 'point and shoot' camera, but the possibilities are endless and I can guarantee you will end up taking some really professional shots. Another tip - buy the 'Dummies' guide specifically for this make/model by Julie Adair King - if shutter speed, exposure and ISO all sound FAR too technical this great book will help to make sense of it all in a very easy to follow, no-nonsense kind of way. Yes you can keep it on the 'auto' setting and take great pictures with it but as Julie says with this camera, that's like having a Porsche on a treadmill and never taking it out on a real road! Go for it, you'll be glad you did!

Sennheiser PMX70 - Sportline Stereo Neckband Headphones
Sennheiser PMX70 - Sportline Stereo Neckband Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Go and buy them!, 16 Jan. 2007
Bought these headphones following a recommendation from a 'serious' runner to use in the gym as I was fed up of the usual 'bud-type' which are supplied as standard with most MP3 players, falling out. These are great, comfortable to wear, excellent sound quality and most importantly, they stay in my ears until I want to take them out! If you're into running or aerobics or even if you just want a decent pair of headphones you won't go far wrong if you order these.