Profile for Newly old Geezer > Reviews

Content by Newly old Geezer

Newly old Geezer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
6x Screen Protector for Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Protection Film - Crystal-Clear, Bubble-Free
Offered by protectionfilms24 (screen protectors)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not remotely a long term protection., 9 May 2016
Now using my second pack, I applied one from first pack before departing for three week trip to N.Zealand, but package with remaining screen protectors couldn't be found to take with me, so when the first started to peel off I was not best pleased. Eventually I had to remove it and be very careful of the screen for the remainder of the trip. On my return I reordered and on receipt of the new pack I very carefully applied one to the screen. I have since found the original pack - very useful, as I will will obviously need all the protectors over a short period. The latest one starting to peel already. These items cannot be regarded as a long term protection for camera screens.

Tecsun PL380 BLACK DSP FM Stereo/MW/SW/LW World Band Digital Radio Receiver with ETM
Offered by 2012street

4.0 out of 5 stars but it seems very easy to tune on FM bands, 2 Dec. 2015
This item as purchased as replacement for my old Saisho portable which had finally died after daily use for about 35 yrs daily use.
This is a very high spec radio and I have not yet read the entire instruction booklet, but it seems very easy to tune on FM bands, particularly using the "Easy Tuning Mode", and I have found several stations of which I was unaware, with good clear reception. After reading the instruction booklet, I have fitted 3 Tesco own brand LiMh batteries which the radio recharges via a USB socket, so a Kindle charger works very nicely, although I had to use a camera lead in the first instance, as received the socket was too tight for any of our Kindle leads, but the camera lead which gets more frequent use, and is subsequently well "broken in" fitted easily. The batteries, once charged, have been in use for a week now with the battery indicator still showing full charge. The only disappointment is that unlike my old Saisho I cannot set the alarm to wake up to any other station/ volume than the one being listened to when it is turned off.

Fluency (Confluence Book 1)
Fluency (Confluence Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars improbable plot devices., 5 Nov. 2015
Not a very gripping book, and seemed to me to be pushing an agenda which required a number of highly improbable plot devices. The ending appears to be trying to set up a sequel, or a series, rather than to provide any satisfactory conclusion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2015 11:20 AM GMT

Do You Like Green Eggs and Ham? (Dr. Seuss Nursery Collection Dr. Seuss Nursery Collection)
by Dr Seuss
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars non-squeaky egg., 26 May 2015
Speedy delivery. A little more abridged than I had expected, but good for the price. A bit disappointed that that squeezy "egg" did not squeak as mentioned in the book, but I don't suppose my granddaughter will mind that much. I may have a revised review after she gets her hands on it.

Cat in the Hat Board Book (Dr Seuss Nursery)
Cat in the Hat Board Book (Dr Seuss Nursery)
by Dr. Seuss
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Good condition., 3 May 2015
As expected, the content is slightly edited to fit this format. The book is in good condition for a second hand nursery item. I am sure that my granddaughter will enjoy this when she is given this, and is read to from it.

Fortune's Pawn: Book 1 of Paradox
Fortune's Pawn: Book 1 of Paradox

3.0 out of 5 stars worth the price, 18 Sept. 2014
I enjoyed this book sufficiently that I ordered and am reading the sequel. Probably worth the price. Getting a bit dark and depressing for me.

The Sea-Kings of Crete
The Sea-Kings of Crete

2.0 out of 5 stars No Illustrations on Kindle, 4 Jun. 2014
Very frustrating, as learned text continuously refers to illustrations which are not available on this kindle edition, so I gave up after 2 chapters.

100 Must-Have Bach Masterpieces
100 Must-Have Bach Masterpieces

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't hear it, 4 Jun. 2014
Purchased for listening while reading on the beach, but being over 21 I can't figure out how to get it out of my macbook onto MP3 player so remains somewhere in the "cloud". Perhaps someone could publish an easy step by step guide to stuff like this for us old fogies.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2015 3:31 PM BST

Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld series)
Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday read, 4 Jun. 2014
Enjoyed as good holiday read, very funny in parts. Terry is starting break Occam's Razor rule and having needlessly multiplied demons, is starting to have to work hard finding things for them all to do, and each in turn runs the route from bogeyman to oppressed minority, to essential citizen without which Discworld could not function, then irrelevancies. More wizards, more witches, more turtle please.

Dodger's Guide to London
Dodger's Guide to London

3.0 out of 5 stars Illustrations don't work on Kindle., 4 Jun. 2014
It's very informative, but most of the illustrations do not reproduce well on my Kindle, I did manage to see some on my Macbook, via kindle for mac, but can't get them back now, so I don't know what I did. Saving reading the text for flight home.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3