Profile for Mich_Mc > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Incubus Tales
Incubus Tales
by Laura Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars this one is my favourite, largely due to Rosamund, 16 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Incubus Tales (Paperback)
Both of these novella's where previously published in the Masters of Seduction box sets and take place in a larger, multi-author, series but they can be read as stand alones.

Shameless:

Of the two tales, this one is my favourite, largely due to Rosamund. She is the kind of female I like, she's willing to go against years of tradition and societies expectations in order to do what makes her happy. There aren't enough females out there like her. Scarus, I enjoyed and yes their relationship comes about rather quickly but it is to be expected from such a short story.

Dauntless:

Dauntless has a grown up Cinderella feeling to it, complete with a fairy godfather. Again it was Lia that held my attention, this time however we are left with more questions than answers.

I really hope there are more books in this series.

Michel/Striker (Bayou Heat Book 15)
Michel/Striker (Bayou Heat Book 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars It was a great instalment to the series, 9 Jun. 2015
Michel doesn't trust Dr Chelsea Young, why would he? She worked for Stanton Locke and is responsible for a lot of Pantera being hurt. His cat wants her though and not just to keep an eye on her. Chelsea is determined to make up for her past deeds even if it means putting up with the mistrust of Michel. Can they work together when it counts?

Michel is really hostile towards Chelsea in the beginning and it makes for an interesting read. I really found myself wanting to believe in Chelsea, yet at the same time I could understand Michel's reasoning. It was a great instalment to the series!

Striker lives for his job ever since he was betrayed by those closest to him. When he is tasked to help Twelve after she is recued from the labs, he tries to stay detached. Twelve has been used in more ways than one in he labs, injected with drugs until she only knew desire, she has been used in an effort to breed more Pantera.

I really felt for Twelve throughout the story, she has been through so much and I was willing her to remember who she was and hoping she could find some kind of peace. I can't wait for the next one in the series!

Shattered Duty: Deadly Ops Book 3
Shattered Duty: Deadly Ops Book 3
by Katie Reus

5.0 out of 5 stars We finally get to know Levi better and discover what is going on in his head ..., 4 Jun. 2015
This is the third book in the Shattered Duty series and it is the one I have been waiting for! We finally get to know Levi better and discover what is going on in his head since the brutal murder of his wife two years prior when he turned his back on everything and everyone to get revenge.

Special Agent Levi Lazaro has had one thing on his mind, vengeance and he is final getting to the bottom of who is responsible.

Special Agent Selene Wolfe is on a mission to bring down a terrorist cell when she encounters Levi Lazaro, and they tentatively agree to help each other as they work to achieve their goals.

I loved this book, it had everything I have came to expect from Katie and more. The action, twists, tension, suspense and passion where plentiful and I couldn't put it down!

Spiraled (Callahan & McLane Book 3)
Spiraled (Callahan & McLane Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the mystery story line ad I was eager to ..., 4 Jun. 2015
Special Agent Ava McLane is used to solving crimes, she isn't used to watching one happen in front of her and being helpless to do anything about it.

Detective Mason Callahan is investigating the recent mass shooting that his girlfriend witnessed and he isn't entirely convinced it is a isolated incident. Can he get to the bottom of what is going as Ava's life seems to be unravelling before him, between the shooting and her sisters troubles catching up with her once again, has she reached her breaking point or can Mason keep her sane while doing his job?

This is the third instalment in the series and it was a thoroughly enjoyable tale. I loved the mystery story line ad I was eager to get to the bottom of everyone's motives. The relationship between Mason and Ava hasn't been easy from the start but as a couple, they work so well together and I am fully invested in them getting a happily ever after. The whole Jayne storyline is one I want to see come to fruition. I feel for Ava and I can see why she is so close to her breaking point. Kendra really puts her through the ringer!

Rebel Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles Book 3)
Rebel Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh, Vincent!, 26 May 2015
Rebel Ink is the third book in the Wicked Ink Chronicles.

Vincent is a bad boy with a wicked tongue, he has a commanding presence that makes women fall at his feet and, oh boy, does he take advantage. Often with more than one at the same time.

Lisa came into his life when their friends hook up and she does something surprising, she rejects his advances and settles for normal. If normal is marrying a guy that your parents chose after a few short months just to make them happy. A few days before her wedding, Addison turns up o kidnap Lisa and they embark on an impromptu adventure. Lisa and Vincent end up thrown together, tension flares but the revelations that come to light are surprising and heart breaking. It just goes to show you that you should never judge a book by it's cover.

At the beginning of this book I was certain that Vincent was going to screw everything up and I had no idea if Laura could redeem him, but by the end I was an emotional mess and my heart went out to him. It's amazing how much character development can occur in a novella but Laura tackled a difficult subject with care and even Lisa, who I wanted to shake until she came to her senses, wormed her way into my heart.

An emotional rollercoaster? Definitely! Worth waiting for? Absolutely!

Wild Nights with a Lone Wolf (Lone Wolf Series Book 1)
Wild Nights with a Lone Wolf (Lone Wolf Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable werewolf novella full of twists, turns ..., 18 Mar. 2015
A thoroughly enjoyable werewolf novella full of twists, turns, mystery and intrigue. One of Elisabeth's hottest tales to date!

Wicked Days with a Lone Wolf (Lone Wolf Series Book 2)
Wicked Days with a Lone Wolf (Lone Wolf Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars ... the second novella in the series and I really enjoyed catching up with Sherri and Ash as they try ..., 13 Mar. 2015
This is the second novella in the series and I really enjoyed catching up with Sherri and Ash as they try and figure out the intricacies of their relationship while being faced with trouble from both their pasts.

I am really enjoying this series, the characters are interesting and I am enjoying the glimpses of pack dynamics and the differences between those and Ash's status as a Lone Wolf. I am looking forward to the next instalment!

Bridged (Callahan & McLane Book 2)
Bridged (Callahan & McLane Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars Bridged is the 2nd book in the Callahan & McLane series which is a spin-off of the Bone Secrets series and although they, 13 Feb. 2015
4.5 Stars

Bridged is the 2nd book in the Callahan & McLane series which is a spin-off of the Bone Secrets series and although they can be read as stand alone novels I highly recommend reading them all, especially if you love a well written suspense with a dash of romance.

FBI Special Agent Ava McLane finds herself working with her Police Detective boyfriend, Mason Callahan, when their agencies team up to find the identity of a Senator's killer. When they start digging into the case they realise there might be more going on than they initially suspected. With the body count rising and Ava's sister Jayne causing problems can Mason and Ava get through this together or will they return to their more solitary ways?

Ok, let me start by saying I truly did enjoy this book. Some books however have certain triggers that make it hard for some people to read and this book hit some of mine. So where I would usually read Kendra's work in one sitting, this took three. I stuck with it and I am so glad I did. I absolutely loved the way the story went. Kendra never fails to have me on the edge of my seat and mentally screaming at my kindle. I can't wait for the next one!

Hunter Reborn: Moon Shifter Book 5
Hunter Reborn: Moon Shifter Book 5

5.0 out of 5 stars only Larissa has no memory of Aiden or the love they once shared, 5 Feb. 2015
4.5 Stars

This is the 5th book in the Moon Shifter series and it is one of the strongest instalments yet!

Decades ago Aiden's vampire bondmate disappeared without a trace, leaving him devastated as he believed she had died. Now a chance encounter brings her back into his life, only Larissa has no memory of Aiden or the love they once shared. Can they work together to find out what tore them apart as they battle to keep Larissa safe?

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it's renewed my love for the series and I definitely like the way the overall story arc is developing. It was fun catching up with older characters and I am truly intrigued by some of the new additions, I can't wait to discover what is coming next!

Delirium: Reveler Series 6
Delirium: Reveler Series 6

4.0 out of 5 stars this is the sixth instalment in the series and it's another fantastic story from Erin, 14 Jan. 2015
Wow, this is the sixth instalment in the series and it's another fantastic story from Erin.

Slightly less action in this one as we deal with the political fallout from the previous books, it serves it's purpose though and moves the plot along nicely while setting up for further stories and I can't wait to find out what's coming next.

If you like your PNR deliciously dark then these are definitely for you!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17