Profile for CatR > Reviews

CatR

Finding Jennifer Jones
Finding Jennifer Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars 5star, 2 Jun. 2014
A must for a Harry Potter fan.

I have enjoyed other books by Anne Cassidy but this has been my favourite so far. I advise reading the 1st book "Looking for JJ" because you will then understand this book better but you don't have to. I sat down and for about 3hours and read this book in one go it was such a thrilling tale with a mysterious storyline that you just needed to know what happened. The characters all had different personalitys and they were so beleivable that you felt they were alive. I am 12 but anyone from my age and above could read and enjoy this book.

Finding Jennifer Jones is about a teenager who murdered her friend at the age of ten and went to prison for six years. Jennifer is then realised with a new identity Alice Tully but this is discovered and she is rushed away with a new identity Kate Rickman, this book is about kate Rickman and her at university trying to forget about her past but the press are dying to find out more and when she meets people involed in the crime her past starts to leak out. The book has flashbacks to her 10 year old self so you can find out more about the crime.
I would definatly recommend reading this book as it is FANTASTIC!!

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 29 May 2014
This book was recommended to me by my friends who had told me it was the best book ever so I decided I would give it a go. This book had not exactly appelead to me as it is not my usaul genre(I like fantasy and Mystery) but when I got it on my kindle I was hooked. I enjoyed the storyline and wanted to see what happened next. I read this book in 2days but I am quite a fast reader. The book was very sad in some parts so I would recommend 12years and up. This book is very good and well worth a read!!!

Dead Man's Cove: Book 1 (LAURA MARLIN MYSTERIES)
Dead Man's Cove: Book 1 (LAURA MARLIN MYSTERIES)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mystery Book, 26 May 2014
This is a really good mystery book and you feel yourself coming up with lots of your own situation in your head. Being a fast reader I was determined to make this book last because I had been told it was really good but it was so good I couldnt put it down and ended up sitting and reading it in a day. laura Marlin is a 11year old orphan who dreams for adventure and gets one when her uncle comes and takes her home to Cornwall. There Laura Marlin meets friends and with her curious nature discovers a mystery in her home town surrounded by her Uncles job. This book is a brillant read. I would recommend it for 9+ but I am 12 and still love them. The other ones in the series are brillant as well.

The One Dollar Horse: Book 1
The One Dollar Horse: Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, 26 May 2014
When I picked this book up in the airport I was a bit unsure as I am not horse mad but wanted a good book to read on holiday.

Any doubts I had on this book where wrong. Even though I am not horse mad I found it easy to relate to Casey the main character and her trying to follow her dreams on becoming a famous equestrian. This story follows Casey and her story of paying a dollar for a horse on death door and turning it into a famous horse. On her way she meets friends and enemys. This book is full of suspense and keeps you hanging all the way to the end. This book is brillant and a definate read for any 11year old or over.

The Diamond of Drury Lane (Cat Royal Book 1)
The Diamond of Drury Lane (Cat Royal Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Ever, 26 May 2014
I loved this book and have read it over and over again. I read very fast and go through a lot of books but this has always been my firm favourite. It is about Miss Royal(cat) who was abandoned outside drury lane and grew up there with lords and pickpockets and hangs around with the gangs of london. In this book you can relate to the characters and you are with them every step of the way. I could not put this book down and every time I read it I enjoy it even more. I would recommend all the other books in the series. 11+