Profile for Rita N. Zweck > Reviews

Rita N. Zweck

The Calling
The Calling

5.0 out of 5 stars A Forever Fan, 29 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Calling (Audio CD)
What an amazing album dear Meav. This is one of your best yet. You just keep getting better. Your voice is so crisp and clear. Your high and low notes in many of these songs on the album show how amazing you are.
I enjoyed each and every song. You do "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" better than the original of Roberta Flack. It is so soft and warm. I just love the peace it left me with.
"The Calling" is an amazing song and your words are so uplifting. You do have such a way with words.
My favorite song I believe is "The Songline to Home", what wonderful meaning and just thinking of those rough times in my life, I can just listen to your songs and feel all warm and fuzzy. Beautiful words!
I too grew up on Spiritual when I was young and "Wafaring Stranger" was one of those. It comes from you so sweet and caring, a must hear for everyone.
Probably the most beautiful American song "Shenandoah" touches me the most. I just loved Mairead's rendition on the Violin on "A New Journey" but you vocal is equally as wonderful. It's just one of those songs that brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for singing it.
I enjoyed so much the celtic back and forth of your words and especially the notes in "Glasgow's Burning"a sit on the edge of your seat kind of song.
All of the other songs were equally as good. I will certainly recommend this album to all my friends and enjoy it so much myself.
You are an incredible singer, entertainer, and friend to all your fans. I thank God I have come to know and appreciate you sweet lady.