Profile for paulav > Reviews

Content by paulav

paulav

The Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet: The fast, no-hunger weightloss diet for vegetarians
by Rose Elliot

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not for the long term, 6 Aug. 2011
I have about 12-14lbs to lose so was very interested in this diet as a "no hunger" option. It's true that I along with many other veggies tend to fill up on carbs so I am keen to increase my protein levels. The 2 week "carb cleanse" went great - I was not hungry at all, only suffered one day of mild light headedness (day 4) and lost 5 lbs! Success!
I continued to week 4 at which point I began to get fed up of eggs (was never a huge fan in the first place) and missed fruit so much! Funnily enough I didn't miss bread or pasta at all. By the end of week 4, I felt that snacking on nuts/ cheese etc was actually having a negative effect and true enough, I started to gain weight...just 1lb or thereabouts but that coupled with the fact that it is so difficult to eat outside of your own house, made me make the decision to come off the diet.

I am continuing on a reduced carb plan of my own and feel that this is a more realistic way of eating for most people.

I would recommend the carb cleanse for a detox and I am sure I will be doing it again before my next beach holiday!