Profile for M. J. Finch > Reviews

Content by M. J. Finch

M. J. Finch "Mike Finch" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Dracula Untold [DVD] [2014]
Dracula Untold [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Luke Evans

2.0 out of 5 stars Worth a watch, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Dracula Untold [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Not much connection to the real Dracula who nailed people's hats to their heads. One invading army allegedly turned back in terror when they found themselves in one of his "forests" made up of people he'd spiked. Dracula Untold shows him as a family man, trying to do what he can for his family and people, I know it's a movie and well, yes. Luke Evans is a great actor and great to see Paul Kaye as well, but overall, while it's worth a watch, I can't say I'd recommend it. Francis Ford Coppola's version is much better even though it had Gary Oldman playing up on the human side too, sorry guys, I'm used to getting furious responses to some of my postings but the point of a review is saying what you think, this movie is ok, but not that great.

Death At A Funeral [DVD] [2010]

22 Bullets [DVD]
22 Bullets [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean Reno
Offered by skyvo-direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Jena Reno is a fantastic actor, but I would not see this as ..., 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: 22 Bullets [DVD] (DVD)
Is that possible? To be shot twenty two times. Jena Reno is a fantastic actor, but I would not see this as the high point of his career, thought he was much better in Empire Of The Wolves.

Spiral - Series 5 [DVD]
Spiral - Series 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Proust

3.0 out of 5 stars but overall I have to say series five was nowhere near as gripping and something of a disappointment. Well worth a, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Spiral - Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a big big fan of Spiral, the first three series were very dark and bloody drama that kept me wishing a week of my life away so I could find out what happens next. There are some twists to this, some not entirely unexpected, but overall I have to say series five was nowhere near as gripping and something of a disappointment. Well worth a watch but would not keep the DVD permanently.

The Definitive Montreux Collection [DVD] [2006]
The Definitive Montreux Collection [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Rory Gallagher

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 17 Feb. 2015
Absolutely fantastic. Years ago, was banging on about Ritchie Blackmore to a friend of mine, who said yeah, he's great, [ thank you! ] but what about Rory Gallagher? I'd not heard of him so my friend lent me Irish Tour 74 and I was hooked! I got the DVD which includes an interesting interview back stage, so I woudl take a serious look at that too but after several years I recently revisited this DVD too. Every time I watch him play I cannot help but say out loud "f***ing hell!

RG consistently displays a highly endearing passion for his music mixed with a genuine humility and his band have such fun too, Gallagher says things like "I hope you like the next song" and proceeds to blow your wig off with fantastic riffs reminiscent of Gaelic folk, played incredibly fast and not a bum note to be heard. Do yourself a favour and buy a copy.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies [DVD]
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Freeman

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 13 Feb. 2015
Mm, I think some of you guys may be taking this film just a little too seriously.

Love, Honour And Obey [DVD] [2000]
Love, Honour And Obey [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Sadie Frost

4.0 out of 5 stars Like watching Operation Good Guys, 23 Jan. 2015
Like watching Operation Good Guys, just in a movie version, many of the OGG cast are present, including the screamingly funny Perry Benson, good fun to watch the gangster karaoke too.

Brotherhood - Complete 1-3 Box Set [DVD]
Brotherhood - Complete 1-3 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Isaacs
Offered by RUGELEY GAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars if you enjoyed The Sopranos, 23 Jan. 2015
Very similar in style of direction, story telling, character building, photography etc to The Sopranos, well paced political and gangster thriller, if you enjoyed The Sopranos, I would expect you will also enjoy this. Jason Isaacs is terrific.

Guardians of the Galaxy [DVD]
Guardians of the Galaxy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Pratt

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 11 Dec. 2014
guess you have to read marvel comics to get it

Tony Benn: Will And Testament [DVD]
Tony Benn: Will And Testament [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tony Benn

5.0 out of 5 stars Farewell to The Great Rebel, 10 Dec. 2014
Tony Benn rarely said anything I disagreed with and often got me thinking hard, he was once described as the of the great thinkers and one gets a better appreciation of that description by watching this film although to be fair I'm not sure how non socialist viewers would see this film.

Beyond doubt he was a thorn in the side of the establishment. I can remember him being described by the media as little better than a lunatic and the expression Bennite being used as a form of abuse but dig just a little deeper and you have to ask why really was he so dangerous?

He clearly believed passionately in serving the people, did that as best he could and inspired a multitude and well worth an hour and a half of your time, truly we've lost one of the great rebels willing to stand up and say No! And it's also heartbreaking to see him at times, he clearly missed his wife, the love of his life who died from breast cancer. God speed Tony.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7