Profile for Harry > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Home Made Deluxe Stainless Steel Cooking Thermometer
Home Made Deluxe Stainless Steel Cooking Thermometer

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 2 Oct. 2014
The temperature is hard to read and not very accurate. I'm going to buy a different one.

FoneM8 - Stick 'N' Hold Phone Genie - Universal Dash Windscreen Mount Car Holder - Holds ANY Phone
Offered by FoneM8store

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Oct. 2014
I struggled to get this to stick to the dashboard, ended up putting it on the window where it was very secure (but not where I bought it to go). I use my phone in landscape for satnav. I tried putting the mount in landscape but the phone fell off over bumps. Turned the mount round so the 2 feet support the phone, but then it doesn't feel secure when I need to press the screen/buttons at either end. Children left their iPod attached to it overnight. When I went to take it off, the red sticky bit came off the plastic - it did go back on though. Still using it, so it's not a disaster, but I'm on the look out for something better.

Apple iPod Lightning to Micro USB Adapter-ZML  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod Lightning to Micro USB Adapter-ZML (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by PowerSolutionsOnline

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 5 months, 24 May 2014
This product worked fine for 5 months then after that my phone recognised it was connected, but it didn't charge.

Agricultural Simulator 2012 (PC CD)
Agricultural Simulator 2012 (PC CD)
Offered by PNA247

2.0 out of 5 stars Just tractor driving, no business, 16 Feb. 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this hoping for a game where I could run a farm, however the economic model is very much secondary to the machinery itself. If you want to drive tractors this is probably a good game. If like me you like more of a strategy game, this isn't for you.

"Reader's Digest" Home Decorating Manual
"Reader's Digest" Home Decorating Manual
by Reader's Digest

2.0 out of 5 stars Not comprehensive, 1 May 2011
I'm just about to buy my first house. I was looking for something to get me started with decorating. This isn't it.
It gives a brief description of lots of different decorating techniques, but I would not feel confident trying them based on information in this book.
This book will equip you to talk about decorating techniques, but not to do them.

Belkin In Car Tunecast Auto Live FM Transmitter Charge and Play for iPhone 4 and 4s
Offered by ULTIMATE PHONESHOP

4.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant but worth getting, 19 Nov. 2010
I wanted a cheap way to play my music from my iphone 3GS in the car.
This does the job with decent sound quality and I'm happy I bought it.
I think it could be better though. It's a particular pain having to re-tune it on long journeys - why can't it do it itself? My car radio re-tunes itself to the best frequency for any radio station - why can't this use that technology to move to the clearest frequency and then the radio would re-tune itself?
As I said though, it does do the job.

Budapest (Bradt Travel Guide) (City Guide)
Budapest (Bradt Travel Guide) (City Guide)
by Adrian Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars The only guide you need for Budapest, 13 Jun. 2010
I spent 4 nights in Budapest (having never visited before). I read this guide through once before I left and then referred back to it constantly during our visit. It really is all you need. It is both inspiring and informative, covering virtually everything you need for a successful visit. If only all travel guides were like this (mind you, I'd never used one from this series before, so maybe they could be!).

2014 Rayzor Professional UV400 Black 2 In 1 Ski / SnowBoard Sunglasses / Goggles, With an Anti Fog Coated Clear Yellow Anti-Glare Clarity Lens and a Detachable Elasticated Headband.
Offered by Sports Eyewear

2.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, rubbish design, 20 Dec. 2009
I thought these would be a great idea, but having recieved them I've sent them back. If you were to use them as sun-glasses they were uncomfortable and cheap looking. As goggles they seem to have so many air gaps that I'm sure the snow would get in.

Aztec Swallow 250 Junior Sleeping Bag
Aztec Swallow 250 Junior Sleeping Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 20 Dec. 2009
I was really surprised by the quality of this sleeping bag given the price. It has all the features of my expensive adult one and has a comfort zone down to 5 degrees. It hasn't been used yet, but having bought it as a Christmas present for my daughter, I'm more than happy.

Basque Country (Vacances)
Basque Country (Vacances)
by Yasna Maznik

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written, 14 April 2009
I purchased this book as I was going to the Basque Country for the first time and wanted a book that would introduce me to the region.
It is very badly written - basically it is just a long list of everything there is to do in every town/area, in addition to some sections about various aspects of the Basque Country (wildlife/food etc) which could have been written for a primary school text book.
I bought this book as really the only option on Amazon as a guide book to the region in English, but if you can find another one, buy it instead.

Page: 1 | 2