Profile for Cathy > Reviews

Content by Cathy

Cathy

Qose 5.8Ghz Wireless Video Sender and receiver - Watch Digital / Satellite TV anywhere in your home

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect signal!, 19 Jun. 2015
I am currently spending a lot of time resting in my bedroom due to disc problems and wanted to be able to watch my usual TV programmes from our satellite box downstairs. This sender and receiver is perfect and the signal and TV picture couldn't be better! There is no interference at all. Would definitely recommend.

A Strange Period.: Insights Into The Bizarre Experiences Of Perimenopausal Women
by Sheryl Gurrentz

5.0 out of 5 stars So it's not just me then? Absolutely brilliant book!, 23 Mar. 2015
I would recommend this book to any woman who feels that another force has taken over her mind and body and thinks she is the only one to feel that way. I found this book so informative and often so very funny it actually made me laugh out loud; and, believe me, at the moment I don't feel much like laughing at all, so it worked a miracle in that alone for me! Although this book cannot, and does not, offer medical advice, as the authors and the other participants of this book are not medical professionals, what it does do is show that those of us out there who are at this stage of our lives, and are definitely knowing it physically and emotionally, are NOT ALONE. The ladies (and their partners) who participated in this book are proof that it is definitely good to talk! It has been an eye opener for my husband too as I have read bits out to him and he is definitely becoming more understanding of me and my awful mood swings etc..and has actually said he is so glad he was born a male as he thinks it is so much harder for the girls!!! If you want real information about this time of life from real people going through it themselves and who know what they are talking about, then this is the book for you.

Little Lies
Little Lies
by Liane Moriarty

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Little Lies (Hardcover)
Brilliant! Couldn't put it down, but I then I never can with this author's books!

She Left Me the Gun: My Mother's Life Before Me
She Left Me the Gun: My Mother's Life Before Me
by Emma Brockes

5.0 out of 5 stars Best read in a long time!, 25 Mar. 2014
I loved this book! Couldn't put in down. Took a little while to get into - first couple of chapters were a bit slow but after I had read them the rest were brilliant! It amazed me how someone who has gone through what Emma's Mum did can function normally for years afterwards. This book, for me, wakened a lot of emotions for me; from anger, to disgust to sadness to amazement at human courage. Would definitely recommend this book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be better!!!, 15 Feb. 2014
We bought this for our 12 year old daughter's bedroom which is the small box room with no storage facilities. This chest of drawers is perfect. Loads of storage and long enough for her have her TV and play station and a bedroom lamp on the top! The chest of drawers is very solid and not flimsy anywhere; it is quality. Took an hour for my husband to put together and we would advise an electric appliance for the screws as would take forever with just an ordinary screwdriver.
Delivery was very quick (2 days from ordering online). Would definitely recommend!!!

LightsOut Premium Pop-Up Blackout Blinds (2 Pack)
LightsOut Premium Pop-Up Blackout Blinds (2 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our needs!, 6 Nov. 2013
Bought this for when our two year old Grandson comes to stay and for when we want to be able to see the TV on a sunny day!! Best thing ever invented! : )

The Rough Guide To Girl Stuff
The Rough Guide To Girl Stuff
by Kaz Cooke

5.0 out of 5 stars The Teenage Bible!!!!, 5 Oct. 2013
I bought this for my 12 year old daughter. I wish I had had a book like this when I was a teenager! There isn't anything that isn't covered. Some things are not relevant to my daughter (at the moment) but as she is my 3rd daughter and her sisters are over 18 I was not worried that it would be a case of 'too much too soon' and know that she will dip in and out of this book when she needs to. I recommended it to a work friend whose daughter is 15. She got this book for her daughter and, like me, after reading bits of it herself, said she would also recommend to her friends and their daughters! For my daughter and I, this book is a conversation starter too (luckily at the moment we can still communicate!); she will read things in the book and talk to me about it which is nice. Kaz Cooke could be a teenager herself because she seems to know so much about being one!

Hatton V Mayweather - The Full Story [DVD]
Hatton V Mayweather - The Full Story [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hatton V Mayweather
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect birthday present for my boxer son-in-law!, 15 Sept. 2013
My son-in-law loved it! He is a welterweight boxer too and was very pleased with this DVD according to my daughter! : )

Long Time Coming (Fated Loves Book 1)
Long Time Coming (Fated Loves Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem, 18 Jan. 2013
This was a free download but I would willingly buy any of this author's books. I couldn't put this down and enjoyed every minute of reading it. Would definitely recommend.