Profile for M. Waller > Reviews

Content by M. Waller

M. Waller (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Samsonite Pro-Dlx 4 Laptop Backpack Casual Daypack, 14.1-inch, 46 cm, 18 Liters, Medium, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed and practical, 8 April 2016
I love this bag. It's well designed and doesn't look bulky even when packed full. There's a small bottle compartment zipped and hidden, very useful at times. Not so much of wear and tear after a few months of use. Good quality. And I find this bag comfortable too. Well it isn't cheap but I think it's worth the money.

Incognito All Natural Deet Free Anti Mosquito Insect Repellent Spray (100Ml)
Incognito All Natural Deet Free Anti Mosquito Insect Repellent Spray (100Ml)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works, 8 April 2016
I've bought this product at least twice and took with me on holidays. It smells fine and most importantly it works. I will buy it again and can highly recommend it.

Marc O'Polo Women's 3/4 sleeve Coat -  Grey - Grau (sediment 973) - 14
Marc O'Polo Women's 3/4 sleeve Coat - Grey - Grau (sediment 973) - 14

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour but, 8 April 2016
Great colour and no doubt good overall quality. But the coat looked so big, almost shapeless so I decided to return it.

Villeroy & Boch Piemont 171 mm Butter Spreader
Villeroy & Boch Piemont 171 mm Butter Spreader

5.0 out of 5 stars So practical and so pretty, 6 Nov. 2014
It's a very elegant looking butter knife and does a good job.

Cat house, bed, cave. Handmade from natural, ecological sheep wool. Color sand brown. (L (large))
Offered by Kedron Pet and Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cat cave I've ever seen, 6 Nov. 2014
This is an amazing product! My cat hesitated only for about 10 seconds and then moved in. This truly is a house and a bed and a cave all in one. The large size is big enough for my 5.5kg kitty. The quality is very good and I didn't mind it was a little bit more expensive than other cat beds. My cats seems very happy sleeping in there and that's what counts the most!

Flying Frenzy Cat Toy (Long version 39")
Flying Frenzy Cat Toy (Long version 39")

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun for my two cats who are over 10 years ..., 4 Aug. 2014
Hours of fun for my two cats who are over 10 years old. And it comes with a very handy leaflet packed with tips from an animal behaviour expert.

Kerbl Ina Scratch and Snuggle, Brown/ Beige
Kerbl Ina Scratch and Snuggle, Brown/ Beige

2.0 out of 5 stars Fairly disappointed with the size of the space inside this scratching ..., 4 Aug. 2014
Fairly disappointed with the size of the space inside this scratching post as my adult cat could barely fit in. And that brown dome was very small and didn't fully cover the top. Needless to say, I've sent it back.

Marc O'Polo Women 402203950033, Multicoloured (Combo B13), 12
Marc O'Polo Women 402203950033, Multicoloured (Combo B13), 12

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality casual top, 4 Aug. 2014
I have bought many items of clothing from Marc O'Polo as I appreciate their quality. Well the price for this top was really more than I wanted to pay but got in anyway. Hence only 4 stars. I haven't washed it yet but hope will be OK as was the case with other tops from this brand.

Fire: 2 (Graceling)
Fire: 2 (Graceling)
by Kristin Cashore

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Graceling, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Fire: 2 (Graceling) (Paperback)
My imagination had a feast while I was reading this book. What a great world building. For a few days and while on holidays I lived in the land of colourful monsters, humans with rare talents and mind reading games.

Fire is this beautiful mutant who has a strange influence over people and can will them to do anything for her. And yet she is also vulnerable and sensitive. Fire must abandon her home and travel to King's City to use all her skills in order to help the king with preparations for the war against the neighbouring lands. Yet all is not as it seems at the royal court and even king Nash is not as honourable as expected.

I think Kirstin Cashore has perfected her storytelling in this second novel and 'graced' it with more political intrigue, more flare in the relationship between the main character and her men and simply more fantasy. This is a fast paced tale and packed with twists. In my opinion, a thoroughly enjoyable and thrilling read.

Graceling: 1
Graceling: 1
by Kristin Cashore

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Graceling: 1 (Paperback)
I like the idea of a world where some lucky dwellers have been born with useful talents and some unlucky ones with useless talents, and others with dangerous ones. Katsa also has an exceptional skill, otherwise known as Grace. She is a gifted assassin. Interesting enough, Gracelings are marked with the eyes of two different colours and hence can be distinguished from the rest of the society.

The story held enough political drama, mystery and action to keep me interested in reading on. The Seven Kingdoms had great cultural diversity and with easy names such as Western, Sunder, Estill, Nander, Middluns, Monsea and Lienid, I quickly learnt the geography and followed the adventures in different lands effortlessly.

Katsa's character was intriguing and developed well showing both emotional and moral strengths and weaknesses. She risked everything to stop taking orders from her uncle and to stop killing. She wasn't just another one dimensional heroine. To my utter delight, the storyline also got enriched with an introduction of prince Po from Lenid and little Bitterblue from Monsea as well as their complicated family history. Even though at some stage the plot got fairly predictable, I was positively surprised there was a twist in the tale at the end.

Overall, I found this book quite refreshing and a good read even though it's more of a YA literature. I definitely prefer books by Gail Z. Martin but will be happy to reach for the next book by Kristin Cashore.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3