Profile for Jen > Reviews

Content by Jen

Jen

The Interview Book:Your definitive guide to the perfect interview: Your definitive guide to the perfect interview (2nd Edition)
by James Innes

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave me more confidence in interviews, 3 Dec. 2012
Having blown the job of my dreams by turning into a gibbering wreck during an interview when my nerves got the better of me, I was determined not to make the same mistake again. This book has given me the confidence to go into an interview safe in the knowledge that I know what to expect, can handle those tricky questions and know what not to say. The book provides sample questions and answers, as well as other hints and tips to boost your confidence. It will definitely be re-read every time I have an interview and need to impress, as I learnt the hard way that just turning up and hoping for the best generally doesn't work.

The CV Book: Your Definitive Guide to Writing the Perfect CV
The CV Book: Your Definitive Guide to Writing the Perfect CV
by James Innes

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful step-by-step guide, 3 Dec. 2012
This book was great for providing a step-by-step guide to building a CV from scratch. As well as going through the basics such as how to write a profile and which sections to include in which order, there is also advice on making the most of new technology - I had no idea about how to make my CV search-engine friendly, or what key words to use. There's also information about how to create a Linked-In profile if you want to do that. I am much more confident now that my CV will impress the right people.