Profile for Mr. Philip M. Mander > Reviews

Content by Mr. Philip M. ...

Mr. Philip M. Mander "El Mander" (northumberland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Modern Pressure
Modern Pressure

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pride of Queens, 22 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Modern Pressure (Audio CD)
I went to see the Ramones at the City Hall, Newcastle with my good friend Lyall at the age of 16. This still ranks as one of my greatest live band experiences ever. I love Daniel Romano and this album but have to say it's 'The Pride of Queens' which totally blows me away and not just because he sings about the Ramones but because he did such a great job of it. I listen to & buy a lot of music but this one track has been in my head for weeks now & it just wont go away {gabba gabba hey}

Heath Green and The Makeshifters
Heath Green and The Makeshifters

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm A Fool, 22 Sept. 2017
OK it really is about time someone told the world about this band and the man with the amazing voice. Superb playing throughout and the singer is something else. I got this a few months ago but haven't told anyone yet how good it is because it's a guaranteed 'hero' Christmas prezzie from me to my loser brother & friends who can never discover such excellence. Sssssshhhh!!!

Deer Tick [VINYL]
Deer Tick [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope is Big, 15 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Deer Tick [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I pre-ordered both new releases a few weeks ago but thanks to Deer Tick making both albums available to stream in full on Consequence Of Sound last week I got to listen to them early and they are excellent. This one is my favourite as it takes me back to why I first got into the band and reminds me a little of some of the earliest albums. The music flows beautifully here and I reckon a lot of thought went into the song order. Anyway, be you a fan of Deer Tick already or new to the band, it matters not as this is sure to impress.

Tx Jelly [VINYL]
Tx Jelly [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Shakin' All Over, 15 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Tx Jelly [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Great mix of sounds here from a talented group of musicians. I'm particularly enjoying the old style country tracks but everything on this album is worth a listen. The band gave me the feeling that this was fun to make, always a good thing in my book, and I really hope it's not too long to wait for the next offering. Excellent!

Light Information
Light Information

5.0 out of 5 stars Faces Lit, 9 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Light Information (Audio CD)
Light Information......this is great. Chad has and always will rock more than most and here is the proof. A rare artist in my very humble opinion although quite possibly a mad genius. Thanks for yet more brilliance Mr VanGaalen.

Tackle Box [VINYL]
Tackle Box [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouthy B, 19 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Tackle Box [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Back to Choochtown form and more. This is amazing.

Cryland (Digipack)
Cryland (Digipack)
Offered by nagiry

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder Chairman, 12 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Cryland (Digipack) (Audio CD)
I bought this album quite a few years ago then kept buying it for family & friends which is not a thing I normally do except when something gets to me like this did. Eef Barzeley, Micah P Hinson & Robert Pollard are the only other examples I can think of. Please listen to his music.

Lucky Too
Lucky Too
Offered by trec002

5.0 out of 5 stars Rub Me, Honey, 12 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Lucky Too (Audio CD)
Good stuff this, you really should buy it & listen with the volume up high.

How Do You Spell Heaven [VINYL]
How Do You Spell Heaven [VINYL]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Cretinous Number Ones {and reviewers}, 12 Aug. 2017
This is not THEIR best for a few years it's just the usual bloody brillliance. Song structures my butt ha ha how can you possibly suggest to a genius that after all these years of amazing songs....oh never mind I despair.

De Profundis [VINYL]
De Profundis [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars The Revelation, 8 July 2017
This review is from: De Profundis [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Under the radar and under rated is how I describe this very talented artist. If this album is not to your taste then please listen to his classic (yes it will one day be exactly that) album, Cryland.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12