Profile for J. K. Tuaim > Reviews

Klymit Insulated Static v lite Inflatable Sleeping Pad - Orange/Grey, Large
Klymit Insulated Static v lite Inflatable Sleeping Pad - Orange/Grey, Large
Offered by FLOODIES

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually amazed at how good this is., 13 April 2017
I had a Helium 38 for about 3 years until it started to deflate during use, but was unable to trace where from. After much searching for a replacement this was in my top 5. After many hours of video channel viewing it made the number 1 spot because I wanted it for a dd hammock Delivered before the due date, so bonus points earned straight away.
First impressions, half the weight of a self inflating mat and just over a third of the size. Easy to inflate, but I did use more than 12 breaths, still not any worse than topping up a self inflating mat. Packing away is very easy, just open the valve then roll up to expel any air remaining and finally fold and roll. It slips into the stuff sack effortlessly, unlike a self inflating mat.
First-time in the hammock was great, very warm, but couldn't comment on the comfort because let's face it, a hammock is so comfortable anyway. I did have to sleep on the floor at home for a couple of nights so used this instead of an air mattress. Wow! It's as comfortable as my normal bed, whether on my side or back. I didn't roll off and slept the whole night through, waking up without any aches and refreshed from a great night's sleep. I have not experienced this level of comfort from any other roll mat. There is no noise from it apart from when you get on it, and no air loss. The noise factor put me off the thermarest mats.
Only time will tell how durable it is, but the guarantee seems good and I will update this review if I have any problems.
Unfortunately I paid full price for this, unlike all those lucky people who get free items to review, hint hint. I have already recommended this mat to all my friends, and am pretty sure that anyone else with one has done the same.

The Horse Lord (The Book of Years Series 1)
The Horse Lord (The Book of Years Series 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite, 13 Mar. 2017
I first read this book about 30 years ago. The mix of Celtic and Japanese culture still works as well today as it did then. There have been some minor changes to the book, but they are mostly improvements. The only disappointment is the removal of Peter's original artwork, which greatly enhanced the story.

ITV Hub
ITV Hub

1.0 out of 5 stars Free viewer for advertisements, but not for programs., 21 Oct. 2016
This review is from: ITV Hub (App)
This app only allows you to watch ads, admittedly for free, but you don't need an app to do that. Have been unable to watch a single program with this app.

Dredd: Underbelly
Dredd: Underbelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Too short., 10 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Dredd: Underbelly (Kindle Edition)
The story is good, but this is literally two episodes long, not a full graphic novel. I wish I'd saved my money for a full length story.

Thomas & Friends: Engine Activities
Thomas & Friends: Engine Activities

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work., 8 Feb. 2015
I have no idea if this is any good or not as I can't get it to work. It looks the same as the ios version except anytime I try to open it I get a blank screen then the message activities has stopped.

OS MapFinder
OS MapFinder

2.0 out of 5 stars No prices and doesn't cover all of the UK, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: OS MapFinder (App)
No idea what it costs for a square. Northern Ireland isn't covered at all, just a blank space.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2015 4:35 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but not waterproof, 10 Sept. 2014
This rucksack is sturdy, comfortable and holds lots more than you would expect. It did let water in during a very wet trip through the Mourne Mountains. Going to use it for all bar winter camping as everything else is perfect for me. The compression straps at the side really grip anything that doesn't go inside. I don't need to remove this to hop over walls unlike a larger rucksack.

Bushbox XL Combination Kit
Bushbox XL Combination Kit
Offered by Bushcraft Essentials

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection until the titanium version comes out, 14 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Bushbox XL Combination Kit
I had to buy the 3 parts seperately due to them being sold out on Amazon and some confusion with the way the price displays on bushcraftessentials.com
There is no other wood burning stove to come near to this. More versatile than any woodgas stove and less fiddly than anything else. Assembles instantly. Cooks brilliantly and quickly. Boil your water first then when the flames are lower cook your food. Bushcraft essentials replied to an email I sent stating that they were unable to produce a titanium version just yet as they didn`t have the equipment to make the hinges in titanium. But when they do......

Dinosaurs walking with fun HD puzzles for toddlers and kindergarten kids with dinosaurs and colorful prehistoric animals

2.0 out of 5 stars Very little for free, 7 Jun. 2014
You get 5 jigsaw puzzles for free. Then you have to pay for the rest. If I hadn't tried this out first, my three year old would have blackmailed me into buying the rest. I'm not convinced that it would have been worth the money for the others.

Amazon Local: Restaurants, hotels, and beauty offers near you
Amazon Local: Restaurants, hotels, and beauty offers near you

1.0 out of 5 stars Northern Ireland doesn't exist according to this app., 29 May 2014
This app doesn't recognise Northern Ireland as being part of the UK. So not much use to approximately 2,000,000 people. On the plus side certain paramilitary groups can now claim that Amazon Local supports their cause.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4