Profile for JohnBeatle > Reviews

JohnBeatle

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, 20 May 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
Fantastic product. Super fast response. Easy to setup and streams prime and netflix perfect. You can sideload xbmc (kodi) also, useful if you want an interim ITV player. Just waiting for the official ITV player and 4OD to be released for this product and it will be even better.

Jamie Oliver by Tefal - Hard Anodised 30cm Pot Roast Pan with lid
Jamie Oliver by Tefal - Hard Anodised 30cm Pot Roast Pan with lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for any type of cooking or roasting, 30 Dec. 2014
This product is the best piece of kitchenwear I have. You can cook or roast anything in it. Would recommend to everyone!

EasyAcc 5V 2A Micro USB Charger Mains Charger Wall Charger For Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S5 S4 S3 Note 3 2 Tab 3, Nokia Lumia 520 1020 920, Moto G, Google Nexus 5 7 10, Android/Windows Smartphones, External Battery, More Micro USB Port Devices [4 Feet Length, Black]
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Rapid battery charger for modern mini-usb plug phones and tablets, 30 Dec. 2014
I own two of these chargers, one at home the other at work. I use them to charge my HTC One phone and tablet.
On both devices, It can charge batteries from empty to full within a couple of hours. Would recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Dec. 2014
Great product will keep you and your partner warm on those chilly nights :) Would recommend.

Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Mic - August EP650 - Over Ear Cordless Headset with aptX / NFC for Smartphones / Laptops / Tablets / iPhones / iPads [Black]
Offered by Daffodil UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice sylish headset, but working range not adequate :(, 30 Dec. 2014
I was looking for a bluetooth headset that I could wear around the house to listen to music and to also take skype calls.
This product looked the ticket in style and functionality. I Initially used a Bluetooth 4.0 transmitter dongle on my laptop to test the product, but then went to test the headset on my HTC One phone.

It is easy to pair the headset with laptop or phone. Sound quality is good, and the mic performance is good too BUT here is the problem I experienced! I found at working ranges greater than 3meters, the music dropped out constantly using either laptop or phone as the bluetooth transmitter. Getting the headset closer to the bluetooth transmitter cured the dropouts.

The manufacturer claims this product has a working range of up to 10meters in the manual, unfortunately, I did not find that this was the case and I have other bluetooth audio devices in the house that easily cover this range. Sadly, I will returning the product and will try an alternative solution.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2014 10:59 PM GMT

Seagate Expansion 2 TB USB 3.0 3.5 inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Seagate Expansion 2 TB USB 3.0 3.5 inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black

1,024 of 1,116 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Product worked but failed within 4 months usage, 6 Nov. 2013
I purchased this product in July 2013, delivery was prompt and the drive worked really well for the best part of 4 months. I primarily used this product as a add storage drive for my DD-WRT router. Last week, I tried to access a file over my network and got no response. I checked the drive - dead no LED... powered the drive down/up still dead.. Being an electronics design engineer, I got my fluke volt meter out and measured the voltage from the AC to 12V DC adapter. This measured OK at 12Volts... so definitely, something within the hardware was dead and not the AC mains adapter...

Although the product was technically still under warranty, I could have just sent it back for a replacement. I guess because this drive held all my personal photos and files, I didn't want the drive to leave my house! I felt competent enough to go fault find the PCB board myself.

Found the fault in no time - There is a component on the SATA to USB board (ASM 1053) that converts the 12V DC to 5VDC.
(Techie term for this is a DCtoDC convertor or switcher). This IC or a component around it had failed as there was no 5Volts present on the board.

Dropped Seagate an email telling them that their board had failed. They replied to basically say I had voided my warranty as I attempted to repair it myself . OK fair enough I did... and I deserve to be punished! .but I also asked them whether they could just sell me a replacement board..they said no...

For a company that big, I would have thought their after sales would be a bit more helpful - Note - I even offered to PAY for a replacement board!! I am sure I am not the first customer to which this has happened.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I purchased a Inateck USB3.0 docking station from Amazon and was able to recover all my data from the drive no problem.

To conclude, the STBV2000200 2TB works, but if you were to suffer a hardware failure your options are to return the drive if still under warranty or do what I did and buy a third party docking station.

I am certainly put off purchasing a Seagate product again...Customer service not good in this instance.

Hope my review was helpful
Comment Comments (39) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2017 8:55 AM GMT

Mahalo 2017C Concert Ukulele with Mahogany Top
Mahalo 2017C Concert Ukulele with Mahogany Top

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Ukulele!!, 19 Mar. 2013
I've owned my now for almost a year and I play semi pro. What is really amazing about this little uke is that it really keeps in tune!! hardly need to mess with the tuning pegs once tuned up. Using it now to teach my 5 year old how to play and she's getting the hang of it. Avoid the cheaper ukes, they simply do not keep in tune. You will be happy with this one and it comes with a case !!