Profile for Mrs. Kirsty Hallam > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Kirsty Hallam

Mrs. Kirsty Hallam "Mrs Hallam" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Merrell Terran Cross, Women's Velcro Outdoor Sandals - Brown (Dark Earth), 5 UK
Merrell Terran Cross, Women's Velcro Outdoor Sandals - Brown (Dark Earth), 5 UK
Offered by Branded star

1.0 out of 5 stars Narrow fitting, 11 May 2016
These sandals are narrow/tight fitting. Really disappointed and therefore have to pay to return them.

Chicco Bullet Balance Bike - Red
Chicco Bullet Balance Bike - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect first bike!, 1 Jan. 2016
These are brilliant... easily adjustable to suit different heights, lightweight and small so I can keep them in the boot of my car, great for developing children's confidence and balance. They're the perfect first bike.

Idealeben Children's LED Bedside Lamp Dimming Touch Night Light / Reading Lights / Camping Lamp(Spherical, White, PC & ABS Material, Built-in 2200 mA Battery)
Offered by DerekGruppe

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect travel night light, 1 Jan. 2016
This was perfect, exactly what I'd been looking for. It's just the right brightness when fully dimmed for a travel night light. I used it for 3 nights (all night) and didn't need to recharge it. It's small and compact, making it easy to pack. You just need a USB plug to charge it as it doesn't come with one.

Duronic FN15 Mini 2 in 1 Clip On/Desk Fan
Duronic FN15 Mini 2 in 1 Clip On/Desk Fan
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mini fan, 18 July 2014
Really quiet, gentle breeze and sturdy clip (base also provided). Perfect for what I wanted. Not overly powerful from a distance but great value for money and ideal for small spaces.

Junior Joy Baby Muslin Squares (Pink)
Junior Joy Baby Muslin Squares (Pink)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Junior Joy, 15 Mar. 2014
First of all, they're Bebo (?) muslins and not Junior Joy muslins. I wanted them to replace my child's comfort blanket (made from old Junior Joy muslins which are incredibly soft). I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and wash them to see if they'd soften up after being washed and tumbled but they haven't and now I can't return them.

Kids Hobby Horse or Unicorn with Galloping Neighing Sounds Childrens Toy (Brown)
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 1 Mar. 2014
Love the hobby horse... perfect size and weight for my two year old twins but two days after I bought it, the neighing and galloping noise stopped working.

Baby Stella Peach
Baby Stella Peach

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Baby Stella Peach (Toy)
These dolls are lovely. They're soft and cuddly - in fact one of my daughters takes her doll to bed with her. The removable clothes are a good idea and the magnetic dummy is clever too. They're also a good size, not too big but not too small either.

Hippychick Tencel Fitted Mattress Protector, 70 x 140 cm - Cot Bed
Hippychick Tencel Fitted Mattress Protector, 70 x 140 cm - Cot Bed

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy, 1 Mar. 2014
This is definitely on my top 10 list of recommended things to buy! It's soft so it doesn't rustle like some waterproof sheets are supposed to do (although I always prefer my own fitted sheet on top as well) and it's perfectly waterproof!! I have had mine for 2 years and they've been washed and tumbled so many times and they're still just as effective protecting the mattress underneath. Couldn't recommend it enough!

Cool!
Cool!
by Michael Morpurgo

5.0 out of 5 stars My Recommended Read, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Cool! (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed Cool by Michael Morpurgo. As soon as I read the beginning, I needed to read the end. When I read the first page, I knew it was the right book for me. I wish I could write like Michael Morpurgo; he's really descriptive and knows how to make a surprise. This was my first Michael Morpurgo book and I was not disappointed.

Robbie Ainsley is stuck in a coma after being involved in a tragic car accident. His parents think only one thing will wake him up but will it?

If you like twists and turns, you will one hundred percent love Cool!

Reviewed by Hannah B (Year 4)

I really enjoyed `Cool' by Micheal Morpurgo. I thought it was a really gripping book because it is written from Robbie's point of view.

Robbie is in a coma from when he got hit by a car after chasing his dog into the road. Robbie does not know how long he has been in a coma, he doesn't know if he is dead or not and what he is most worried about is his dog, Lucky. Life is on the edge for Robbie. Robbie's family are really worried about him. Maybe they will unplug Robbie from his life support machine, maybe they will leave Robbie to die. Who knows what they will do?

If you like books with twists and turns, then this is the book for you.

Reviewed by Max A (Year 4)

I particularly enjoyed `Cool' by Michael Morpurgo. As soon as I read the first page of Cool, I couldn't get my head out of the book.

Robbie Ainsley tells his story from inside his coma. Robbie is in a coma because a 40 year old driver runs over Robbie. Robbie's parents try everything they can to wake Robbie. They even get Gianfranco Zola to come and visit him! The question is will Robbie wake up?

If you enjoy stories with a twist at the end, Cool is your book.

Reviewed by Francesca M (Year 4)

Tell Me No Lies
Tell Me No Lies
by Malorie Blackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read!, 8 July 2008
This review is from: Tell Me No Lies (Paperback)
Slow to start but once you're into the book it's really enjoyable and hard to put down. It's written from two different points of view which gives you an insight into each character's feelings and emotions. The story is based on bullying and has twists and surprising turns throughout. Would thoroughly recommend this book to other readers but mainly older children because of the issues covered.

Page: 1 | 2