My previous speaker for the kitchen stopped working and being the loving husband that I am, I spend a fair amount of time washing up so I like to have some music in the background.
Let's start with the positives:
1. It's a handy size so wont take up too much space in an overnight/weekend bag when traveling for work.
2. It comes with a soft bag for storage and minor amount of protection.
3. It was easy enough to connect my mobile via Bluetooth - just follow the two step instructions.
4. The touch sensitive buttons are sensitive so it's easy to change volume etc
5. It has a built-in mic so you can take phone calls while washing up, cooking etc without having to dry or clean hands etc etc.
6. The fact that it is bluetooth means that all makes of smartphone with bluetooth can connect and you aren't worrying about wires etc.
Now the not-so-goods:
1. Unless it is permanently switched on to mains power, you need to re-pair it with your bluetooth device each time you want to use it. e.g. if you run it off battery and then disconnect bluetooth, the next time you want to play music via bluetooth, you need to make it 'discoverable' by pressing and holding the 'phone' icon till the light flashes blue and red. This can be quite irritating, as you can imagine.
2. Although it looks a fancy design, the fact that the buttons are facing down means that this can only be easily used if it is positioned at eye-level so you can see where the volume or power or phone buttons are. Mine sits on the top of fridge in the kitchen. If it was on the work shelf or anywhere else, it isnt easy to adjust the volume without bending down to make sure you are pressing in the right area.
3. And then there's the sound. I know one can't expect Bose-quality sound but my experience is that the guys who built it had not heard of something called 'bass'. It is entirely missing. So if you ever listen to any music that involves some bass then I would not bother purchasing it. I have a varied taste in music but I know that I can't listen to my Gravity
Lecrae albums when washing up. LIght-rock or easy-listening will do but anything else it's just too painful.
Current price on Amazon is £50. I would encourage you to look at what other options are out there for similar amounts of money if quality of sound is of any importance to you.
Hope that helps.