Profile for agentassassin > Reviews

Content by agentassassin

agentassassin

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
FIFA 17 - Standard Edition (PS4)
FIFA 17 - Standard Edition (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good improvement from FIFA 15 but needless changes mean it's only worthy of 4 stars, 30 Oct. 2016
The last FIFA game I played was FIFA 15 so there is a bit of comparison in my review with the current game. I must say that playing FIFA 17 for the first time was a completely new and different experience compared to FIFA 15. In all honesty, it was a bit of a pain – everything felt so much slower and (arguably more) controlled. However, having played the game for a while now, I’ve gotten used to the gameplay and actually quite enjoy playing it now. Yes, it is much slower than FIFA 15 but it’s also more realistic because of that.

Pros:

1) More realistic gameplay – as mentioned above, everything felt so much slower when I started playing this. It felt like you had to put so much more power into your passes and shots when compared to FIFA 15 so it was a new experience and took quite some time to perfect. Now, it’s quite enjoyable and this is definitely a more physical game when compared to FIFA 15.

2) Graphics – everything looks really good – from players’ faces to all the licensed stadiums – maybe they could have done a bit more with certain players – Kevin de Bruyne looks like he could have been improved slightly. Generally speaking, players’ faces are accurate and so are some of their hairstyles.

3) Journey Mode – nice addition but haven’t completed it yet (I’m more of a Career Mode player which moves me onto the next pro)

4) Career Mode – I know that FIFA 16 introduced the new training feature but finally, especially if you’re coming from FIFA 15, you can actually play a part in improving your players’ attributes and helping to make them better rather than solely relying on playing them in matches within the career mode. This is a good feature as although it can sometimes be quite time-consuming, it is worth it when you increase a player’s overall rating considerably over the season(s). I bought Marcus Rashford in the first or second season when he had an overall rating of 78 and he’s now got an overall rating of 88 (that’s within 3 seasons) – an impressive improvement and just shows you what can be done if you put the time and effort into improving individual player ratings/attributes etc.

5) Manager avatars – a nice touch but would have been better to have some more models to choose from as there isn’t really a wide range of avatars. Premier League managers do look really good though but it’s a shame it’s only the Premier League – maybe FIFA 18 will have more manager models in other leagues? Come on, I think some of us would have liked to have seen Zidane and Simeone battle it out on the touchline.

Cons:

1) Fouls – it seems to me like sometimes the slightest touch can result in a yellow card – some fouls worthy of red cards aren’t given so maybe
there’s some slight inconsistency there.

2) Set pieces – absolute rubbish. This is seriously disappointing – set pieces were fine in FIFA 15 so this was completely unnecessary. As the saying goes, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I’m slightly better now at set pieces after having spent some time practicing but that doesn’t mean I necessarily enjoy it more than the previous system – it’s just more difficult but with time can become something you’re accustomed to.

3) Soundtrack – this isn’t really a con but I personally think FIFA 15 had a better soundtrack

4) Transfers – this used to happen a few times on FIFA 15 but slightly more apparent in this game – I lost both Koscielny and Ozil one after the other in my first 2 seasons because they were “homesick” and wanted to leave – quite irritating as the board then forcibly accepts bids (of any amount) so you have no say in how much they go for which is a bit silly and unrealistic considering your board are selling your key first team (world class) players at below market value – e.g. Ozil was sold for around £44-45m when his market value was somewhere around £60-70m.

Overall, I’m quite happy with the game as it plays more realistically and is a nice improvement over FIFA 15. There are some interesting features such as the emphasis on physicality which can be very useful if you have certain players in your team with high strength ratings etc. However, EA has clearly taken a step back with the introduction and completely unnecessary overhaul of the set piece system. FIFA 18 will probably bring back the old set piece system and EA will make it out to be a new feature when it’s not. I guess this is just one of the ways they convince people to keep buying FIFA games every year. I see no point in doing that. I personally just update transfers manually if and when players leave in real life so my game reflects that – each season – rather than buying each and every FIFA that comes out.

P.S

I downloaded and played the PES 17 demo and have to admit that the gameplay is actually quite fun in a different way – it’s a nice alternative to FIFA but I’ve always been a FIFA player and cannot see myself switching over anytime soon. Besides, I’ve always liked the Career Mode in FIFA games rather than the Master League Mode in PES. I’ll probably buy PES 17 but only when it drops further in price.

Motorola X Style Black UK Sim Free Smartphone
Motorola X Style Black UK Sim Free Smartphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone and easily one of the best phones of 2015!, 2 May 2016
After using the Moto G (1st Gen) for the last 2 years, I felt that I needed a change and decided to stick with Motorola just because of the sheer value of their (current and past) crop of phones. I’ll go into a bit more detail later but let’s just say that I haven’t been at all disappointed with my move away from a 4.5” Moto G to a 5.7” Moto X Style (Pure for those outside of Europe).

Positives:

- The 5.7” QHD screen is just so beautiful to look at and use. It’s such a nice feeling having come from a 4.5” Moto G (which I loved at the time and still use as a backup/emergency phone). I wanted a phone that was bigger than the G with more real screen estate. Having compared a number of phones including the Samsung Galaxy S6, Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P, I came to the conclusion that just based on the incredible value of one phone, I would go with the Moto X Style and I’m really happy that I did.

I know some may complain and argue that a 5.5” phone and anything above is too big for a phone and in some way I would have agreed with you before making the jump to the X Style from the old G. However, having used the phone for a month or so, I honestly cannot see myself going back to anything smaller than a 5” phone but at the same time, I will not be going to anything bigger than this X Style. Seriously, even though the Nexus 6P is an incredible phone, the length of the phone just put me off (it’s too tall). The 5X didn’t appeal to me because it was inferior compared to the 6P and the S6 had Touchwiz and having experienced poor battery life on my old S3, I knew deep down that a Samsung phone was no longer for me.

The phone is big and there’s no hiding away from that but it’s perfectly usable one-handed. It can sometimes be a bit of a problem when trying to reach the top and bottom corners as you have to adjust your grip on the phone. However, it’s not something major and isn’t really a massive issue for me. I don’t even have massive hands as some others do and I got used to the size of the phone so for most people this shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

- The front-facing stereo speakers are something else. It’s an absolute joy listening to music, watching videos or even playing games and it makes the whole multimedia experience that little bit better. The lowest volume setting is incredibly quiet and it’s probably best put halfway for generally good volume output but it is also incredibly loud and clear at the highest volume output.

- Motorola TurboPower charging capability. This is very useful to use as it can charge the phone very quickly. I’ve gone from 2% to 100% in about 1h and 20/25mins.

- Stock android (close to it). This is one of the other reasons why I love Motorola so much and appreciate them for getting their phones made like this. It’s so much better than skins such as Touchwiz (which I never missed switching to the G from the S3). I’ve updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow from Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and hopefully can look forward to more updates in the future if and when the new Android N is available.

- The processors in this phone are very speedy and everything is quick to use and apps and websites etc load up quickly too. I’ve found that with the update to Android 6.0 MM, things have improved in that it has gotten quicker and smoother to use the phone so opening apps and just generally browsing the internet and different websites etc has become quicker.

- The 21MP camera is so much better than the old Moto G I had and probably the best camera Motorola have ever had. From what I’ve read online, it’s such a massive improvement from their older devices and is definitely very pleasant to use. The level of detail is very good and video playback is also of good quality. The slow-motion recording option available is a nice touch and can be quite fun to use and although I haven’t used it yet, it’s nice to know that there’s a 4K mode enabled too. Performance in low-light is where it does tend to struggle just a little bit but it’s not by any means bad. The 5MP front-facing camera is also a nice improvement from the old G and is equally good to use. For those interested in taking selfies, there’s also a front-facing flash which could be useful at night.

- Motorola’s extra neat features are handy to use. While I haven’t used Assist yet, it’s nice to know that it’s there for future use. Moto Display is one of my favourite features as it’s such a neat addition to the software and makes checking notifications etc much easier. It’s a shame that Motorola stopped supporting Migrate for Android 6.0 MM but I guess I can always use another app (I’ve downloaded Copy My Data just in case) and you have the other option of backing things up to Google Drive etc if you’d rather do that.

- There is finally expandable memory on this phone which I wish I had on the G. This means it’s perfect for those who want to put their album collections, photos or movies on their phone as you’ll never run out of space. An interesting feature of 6.0 MM is that you can format your external SD card to act as internal storage so that way whatever you download etc will be stored as part of the internal storage. I still have a fair amount of memory left so have no need for a micro SD card but might get one in the future if the need arises. For those interested, I have the 32GB model and had 24.06GB free. The Android 6.0 MM update took up a bit more space and the Android OS now uses 7.94GB of the storage.

Negatives:

- Battery life. Even though the quick charging feature is very handy to use when you need to top up and go somewhere for instance, it’s a slight shame that the 3000mAh battery isn’t as good as it probably could be. I’ve not had a problem in that the phone has generally lasted me between 1 – 2 days of usage but when the phone is being used quite a lot then the battery life dies very quickly. For instance, the longest standby time that I’ve had is 2d 22h and the longest screen on time that I’ve had is 4h 44m. I think that’s pretty damn good but there have been times when I’ve used the phone quite intensively throughout the day and the phone didn’t last a full day during that usage. I would say that while the battery life is quite decent in comparison to some other flagships, if you are a heavy user, then you might end up having to charge the phone at the end of the day or towards the 18-22 hour mark. Not bad though, eh?

- Android 6.0 MM? The reason why I say this is because I never had any problems with the phone when it was on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop but the day I updated the software to Android 6.0 MM, when I tried unlocking the phone at one point, it started to lag and became slow as well as being unresponsive. To try and fix this, I just pressed the power button again but it was still slow to use so I turned it off and on again and it then worked perfectly fine again. Thankfully, I haven’t had that happen to me since but I looked into it online and came across many different threads on different forums where people complained about a similar problem known as a random reboot etc. I just hope it doesn’t happen again but I guess there is the option of doing a factory data reset or clearing the partition on the phone.

- The size does take a week or two to get used to. Be patient. I thought it was a bit too big myself but it’s honestly not as bad as it’s made out to be by a lot of people when the topic of phablets comes up. Put it this way – I came from the old Moto G (1st Gen) and felt it was comfortable to use and transitioned nicely within a maximum of 2-3 weeks. So, those with small to medium hands have nothing to worry about in that regard whilst those with larger hands would probably prefer and find it more comfortable to use almost straightaway. The size isn’t as awkward to use when compared to the Nexus 6P (which I tested instore at Carphone Warehouse) and the likes of Huawei Mate 8 etc.

Overall, I’m extremely pleased and satisfied with my purchase. There’s not a lot to dislike and a lot to love about this phone – from the dual front-facing stereo speakers to the camera and from the software to the option of expandable storage. I cannot recommend this phone highly enough and think it’s up there as one of the best phones available for the price. There’s so much value in this phone that it’s really not worth splashing out another £200-£300+ for a flagship like the S7/iPhone 6s even if they are (?) better than the X Style. I paid £230 for the X Style but if you are in no rush, perhaps you could wait as the new Motorola phones will be announced soon in May/July and probably be available to purchase from September onwards. There’s likely to be some sort of a price drop so you could save some money. Otherwise, if you’re desperate to replace your phone (Samsung, iPhone or whatever else) then just do it. You won’t be disappointed!

Belkin Quilted Case with Stand for iPad Mini and iPad Mini 3 in Black
Belkin Quilted Case with Stand for iPad Mini and iPad Mini 3 in Black
Offered by DigiExpert

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality case and well worth the money, 15 April 2015
Very good case for the money although it is a bit expensive. For clarification, you'll be getting the case as pictured on the 2nd photo and not the 1st photo. I thought there was something strange with the model of the case since some YouTube videos show an older model/version perhaps but still, it's a pretty good case for the money.

However, sadly, the glue on the top right hand corner (where the camera is) is starting to slowly come off a little which is a shame considering it's a new case. I'm not quite sure how that's happened. It might have been my own fault by trying to put the iPad securely in place as I found it a bit difficult at the start due to the bottom right clip not adjusting as it should have been but I did eventually manage to get it to hold the iPad in place properly.

Nevertheless, this is a pretty neat case for the money and not only looks good but protects the iPad as it should!

Tetsuo & Youth
Tetsuo & Youth
Offered by InMusicWeBelieve

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome album and at least Lupe can now say good riddance to Atlantic Records!, 5 April 2015
This review is from: Tetsuo & Youth (Audio CD)
Excellent album by Lupe. Utterly amazing lyrics and some really good beats on some, if not most, of the tracks. It's hard to pick out favourites but I particularly like Mural, Dots & Lines, Prisoner 1 & 2, Chopper, Deliver and Madonna (And Other Mothers in the Hood). This seriously is a brilliant album and it may take a bit of getting used to especially if you're new to Lupe's music and lyrics but once you've repeatedly listened to the album or some of the tracks, you'll realise just how good Lupe is at what he does. He's a lyrical genius and very few come close!

Lonely Planet The World: A Traveller's Guide to the Planet (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet The World: A Traveller's Guide to the Planet (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential guide for keen travellers!, 5 April 2015
Very good traveller's guide. Helpful tips as well as maps and suggestions (from where to go to what to eat) all make it an interesting book to pick up and read. Some nice little stats and facts can also be found in each country's page. Should hopefully be useful in deciding where you should go on holiday next time you're planning a trip - of course, the individual country specific guides would also be of significant help once you've decided where you want to go!

Sony ILCE5100L Compact System Camera with 16-50 Lens (24.3 MP, 180 Degrees Tiltable LCD, Fast Hybrid Auto Focus, Noise Reduction Feature, Wi-Fi and NFC) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic camera with exceptional image quality, 31 Jan. 2015
I wanted to upgrade from a point and shoot camera to something that gives a little bit more in terms of image quality and functionality etc. I am only using it on automatic mode so more or less like a point and shoot since I am not too keen on getting used to the manual side of things for the time being but it's great to know that if I ever want to get more involved with my camera, I will have the settings ready for me to play around with.

I've taken some quick snaps and the image quality looks brilliant so far so nothing will disappoint on that front.

This seriously is some beast in camera terms - very good image quality, unsurprising given that it's a 24.3MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor which I've read online is found in DSLRs!

Have a look at this which can explain all the technical things:

Overall, though, I'm very pleased with my purchase and would thoroughly recommend the camera!

Samsonite Double Pocket Money Belt - Graphite
Samsonite Double Pocket Money Belt - Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for a brilliant money belt, 23 Jan. 2015
Used abroad without any issues and the best thing about it is that it fits nicely and if you're having any difficulties or feel that the strap is a bit too tight, you can simply adjust it to make it that little bit more comfortable. Another positive is that nobody can tell that you're wearing it underneath so it's nicely disguised and you can safely store all your important documents, passport and money etc. Would thoroughly recommend.

Moto G 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Moto G 16GB SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant phone for the price and unbeatable value!, 21 April 2014
Got given this as a gift and am very happy with it. I actually sold my S3 to use this little beaut instead. First off, I have to say that Google and Motorola have done very well with this phone and have managed to fit so many good features into this phone for such a small price compared to many other competitors in the market at the moment.

Positives:

- Battery life is amazing. When I first charged the phone, it took 1h and 45mins and lasted me 2 days and 2 hours and that's with the general texting, calling, internet browsing as well as a bit of gaming. Now, I have to say this is much better than my S3. When I first bought my S3, it used to take around 2/3/4 hours to charge fully and would approximately last me a day or a day and a half. It then started deteriorating and took even longer to charge - from 4/5 hours to 7/8 hours and the battery drained more quickly and I would only get a day's use on average; even though my phone was absolutely fine and there was nothing actually wrong with it.

- The processor is fast and speedy. Now, obviously, the S3's processor is probably slightly better but I've actually found that my Moto G is faster sometimes. General internet browsing or playing games etc or watching videos etc work just fine. Multitasking is a breeze too.

- Camera is pretty good considering it's 5MP. On most of the reviews that I've read, many people were saying that amongst a few other things, one of the sacrifices that Motorola and Google had to make to reduce the cost of the phone for us consumers was to only give us a 5MP camera. Now, to that I say, they actually did well enough to even give us a camera let alone a 5MP camera. I'm actually pretty pleased with how the camera manages to take good, decent enough photos. I've turned on my HDR mode as I read on trustedreviews that enabling it helps take better photos even though it takes a few seconds longer to actually take the photo - and that is true. Even video recording is pretty good so the quality of the photos and video playbacks are apt indeed.

- Call and text quality are just as you'd expect them to be. I've not had any issues.

- Motorola have a few pretty unique features like Assist etc. One of them is the 'Help' app. Now, if you click on that, you can chat live to a Motorola customer service agent or speak to them by calling them if you need to. I think that's pretty cool and actually very handy in that you don't have to look online and worry about what's wrong with your phone if anything. They are very helpful, attentive and informative.

Negatives:

- Storage might be an issue for some. The 8GB might have something like 4-5.5GB of user space available. The 16GB, to those who want to know, has 12.92 GB of user space available. When I first started the phone, I was hoping I would have at least over 13GB but I wasn't crying over that. Personally, the storage isn't a big issue but if you are quite space hungry, then you might need to reconsider and have a look at your options again (although you don't have to, the G's perfect for you!).

Overall, then, I think you can imagine that I am a very happy customer. I've been so impressed with the Moto G that I have no regrets of getting rid of my Samsung. In fact, I would go on to say that the Moto G performs better than the S3 in some aspects (S3's camera might beat the Moto G but for the 5MP camera that you do get, it does perform quite well).

Go ahead - you won't regret buying it. Easily the best phone available at the moment under £200!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant smell, 23 Nov. 2013
This is a brilliant EDT with an excellent smell. In some ways, I actually prefer this to my previous Diesel Only the Brave which is also very good in very different ways. This Hugo Boss is actually a really nice fragrance and so would recommend if you're thinking of getting it for yourself or as a gift for a loved one.

The Marshall Mathers LP 2
The Marshall Mathers LP 2
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album and a true Rap God!, 14 Nov. 2013
Eminem's done pretty well with this album. I've got to say that I think this is as good as if not slightly better than the Recovery album. My favourite tracks at the moment are Legacy, Rhyme or Reason, Love Game, Headlights and of course, Rap God.

Rap God is insane - it's incredible that he can still rap like he's 20 at 41.

Eminem - you are indeed a Rap God!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3