Profile for PeteC68 > Reviews

Rhinoceros Success
Rhinoceros Success
by Scott Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars CHARGE!!!, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Rhinoceros Success (Paperback)
Invigorating, humorous, and with real youthful zest. It gives you a kick up the behind and challenges you to take control and get the most out of life.

Sennheiser PX 100-II Foldable Open Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black
Sennheiser PX 100-II Foldable Open Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the money, 11 Feb. 2013
My old Sennheiser PX 200's finally gave up the ghost and when looking to replace them with like-for-like (great sound for money) I realised that my budget wouldn't stretch to the new 200-ll.
I have to say that I wished I'd bitten the bullet and paid the extra. I like Senheiser, they produce very decent quality at both ends of the market, but these PX 100-ll do not quite live up to the clarity you get from the 200's.
Like another reviewer I transferred my "closed cup" ear covers from my old PX 200's and although it gives peace of mind for the conscientious amongst us, it doesn't necessarily improve the sound, which at times is a little canny. Don't get me wrong, the overall build, comfort and sound quality of these is very good given the outlay. But my advice would be this; if your looking for a decent, compact, budget headset buy these, add some "closed cups" (bought separately £6) and you'll be happy. If your looking to replace your old PX 200's, cough up the extra dough for the PX 200-ll.

dead in the boot
dead in the boot

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Elbow's finest moment but..., 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: dead in the boot (Audio CD)
...it still deserves a place in your record collection. And, like their northern peers, Doves, they manage to produce a B-sides/rarities compilation that would surpass many a band's studio album. For me, there are no dud's, in fact each song merits its place in the annals of Elbow's musically brilliant history. It's just that it lacks the exquisite highs they have so often produced. So don't write it off just yet and don't take our word for it. It is Elbow after all!

A Survival Guide for Life
A Survival Guide for Life
by Bear Grylls

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide, 30 Nov. 2012
A very well written guide from somebody who knows a thing or two about getting on in life. Regardless of what your ambitions or goals are you will find this very insightful and uncomplicated. I am not personally a fan of self-help books, and it would be unhelpful to describe this as one, but if it's guidance, direction or even just motivation you are looking for then this is a great, common sense companion written with zeal and compassion.
The bite-sized chapters are perfect for reading at your leisure, and are well-thought out making it a great reference book to go back to whenever you need inspiration. Good work Bear!

tesa 05418 Under Door Draught Excluder, 0.95 m
tesa 05418 Under Door Draught Excluder, 0.95 m

4.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat!, 30 Nov. 2012
We live in a 2 storey apartment and there is quite a constant draught coming from under our door. Not any more!!
It arrived in a couple of days and although it isn't much to look at (a strip of flexible poly-foam) it works really well, is simple to fit and is not unsightly. We have a modern double-width fire safety door and it fitted well (all be it very snugly).
One thing I would point out is beware if you have carpet. We do, and it still works (just) as our carpet isn't too thick, but it is probably designed for solid flooring. All in all, money very well spent.

5cms (2 inch) Deep DOUBLE Size Memory Foam Mattress Topper With Open Cell Construction -***Now Includes A Fitted Washable Cover With Zip***

4.0 out of 5 stars Memory Foam Topper, 1 Feb. 2011
An excellent addition to any household and especially if you are renting and you've "inherited" a mattress that has seen better days. It does take a couple of weeks for the initial odour to disappear, but it is bearable if you don't wish to wait. It also takes a couple of nights for the fold lines to flatten out after unpacking but again, if you cannot wait it won't impede too much. What you get is a very good night's sleep and value to-boot.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value Airbed, 1 Feb. 2011
A mate of mine bought one of these a while ago and was suitably impressed, so when I needed one, I had no hesitation. It pumps up in no time (albeit in a rather loud fashion), and stays firm throughout a pleasant night's sleep needing only a quick pump up after a day or so. It has a material finish on the top adding a touch more comfort, and is a decent size not to mention the all-important buoyancy when two are aboard. And at under 50 quid represents cracking value.