Profile for Mrs. S. Mackenzie Smith > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. Macken...

Mrs. S. Mackenzie Smith (Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Kaffe Fassett's Quilts En Provence (Patchwork and Quilting)
Kaffe Fassett's Quilts En Provence (Patchwork and Quilting)
by Kaffe Fassett

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilts en Provence, 8 May 2015
This is a very welcome addition to my Kaffe Fassett library of wonderful quilts. The colours, and combination of colours, he achieves is magical and brightens up a dull world.

A Time for Silence
A Time for Silence

4.0 out of 5 stars Time for Silence, 26 Aug. 2014
A dark sad story very well written.

The Last Plantagenet: A Story Connected with the Princes in the Tower
The Last Plantagenet: A Story Connected with the Princes in the Tower

1.0 out of 5 stars Another book on the ever fascinating Plantagenets, 26 Aug. 2014
A very strange book with an obsession with bodily functions interspersed with quite an interesting story.

Mary Berry Cooks
Mary Berry Cooks
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Berry Cooks - again!, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Mary Berry Cooks (Hardcover)
I have long been a fan of Mary Berry and I already have several of her books. I am finding this one very useful with smal but interesting twists on popular receipes. I love all the little words of wisdom at the bottom of her receipes. No gimmicks just good sense.

Secrets of the Sea House
Secrets of the Sea House

5.0 out of 5 stars secrets of the sea house, 25 July 2014
I really loved this book. It is full of hope and charm and a fascinating story. Thank you Elisabeth Gifford

The Madness of July
The Madness of July

2.0 out of 5 stars The Madness of July, 20 May 2014
I found this book very difficult to get in to this book and in face have yet to finish it. I may try again as it sounds interesting, just too many characters to cope with.

The Princes in the Tower : Cold Case Re-opened (True Historical Crime)
The Princes in the Tower : Cold Case Re-opened (True Historical Crime)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cold case re-opened, 6 Feb. 2014
A fascinating study, well researched and totally readable. Maybe it helped that it came to the same conclusion as I had!

The Devil in Ermine
The Devil in Ermine

4.0 out of 5 stars The Devil in Ermine, 29 Jan. 2014
This is a fascinating book, telling the very well documented story of Richard III's life and reign from a completely new angle. I did not like the main character very much, but then I don't think I was supposed to. I was disappointed in the editing and some of the language was too modern for my taste - I didn't expect early English but I found it hard to believe that the phrase "getting his leg over" was used in the 15th century.

Long Way Home (DI Zigic & DS Ferreira Book 1)
Long Way Home (DI Zigic & DS Ferreira Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Long Way Home, 29 Jan. 2014
I bought this book after I had heard the author interviewed on Woman's Hour and I am very glad I did. I found it well written, with believable characters and the tension continued right up to the end. I look forward to more books from Eva Dolan.

Sashenka
Sashenka

4.0 out of 5 stars Sashenka, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sashenka (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, it is well written and the author obviously knows the history of the country. The different times were a little confusing at first but once you get used to this it works really well and ads to the tension of the narrative.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4