Profile for DJ > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Acctim 12623 Saxon Black Alarm Clock
Acctim 12623 Saxon Black Alarm Clock

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect white noise., 31 May 2014
I have used these Acctim 12623 clocks for many years, and they only need replacing if they get accidentally overwound which they do not tollerate at all. I was a bit worried upon delivery as its 1st wind produced nothing, nothing at all. However, a gentle nudge and the clockwork action sprang into life. Nice loud tick acts as white noise to aid sleep.

4x GARDEN HANGING BASKET METAL WALL BRACKET - LEAVES - UP TO 12" BASKETS
4x GARDEN HANGING BASKET METAL WALL BRACKET - LEAVES - UP TO 12" BASKETS
Offered by Unibos

4.0 out of 5 stars Enhances the garden., 31 May 2014
The brackets are certainly a welcome addition to the garden in an unusual, attractive, ornate style. I have never seen this style of bracket in my local garden centres. Perfectly strong, straight and perpendicular to the wall, the brackets are well suited to the task of supporting my flower baskets. A superb bargain at this price from PS-Ltd. (One star dropped as the powder coat finish is a bit rough and chipped off in places on a few of the brackets.) At the time of writing, the pictured bracket is upside down!

Titanfall [PC Code - Origin]
Titanfall [PC Code - Origin]

5.0 out of 5 stars Mechfest 2014, 3 April 2014
The game put a smile on my face simply because it's good ol' fashioned fun. Visually stunning sci-fi theme on an epic scale that just works! PvP arena is not my usual type pc game, but it's a thoroughly enjoyable Mechfest with a multitude of maps, weapons and play-styles. A huge robotic leap upon CoD ghosts, Loadout, and other newer titles. Connection issues aside, runs well on older systems (within specs) for gamepad and K&M players alike. Kind of a Pacific Rim meets Starship Troopers hybrid.

Titanfall (PC DVD)
Titanfall (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Mechfest 2014, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Titanfall (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)

Ferplast Ergocomfort Nylon Padded Dog Harness Small Red/Black
Ferplast Ergocomfort Nylon Padded Dog Harness Small Red/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb padding and cut!, 15 Dec. 2013
After much deliberation and an overwhelming array of alternatives, I opted for this padded harness. This harness easily has the most sumptuous unintrusive padding of many I have used with my dogs over the years. The pup's sturnum is well covered due to the excellent shape and cut of the harness, and any potential pressure on her neck/throat is alleviated whenever she pulls whilst getting used to being walked. Thus far there has been no rubbing around her 'armpits' and the harness does not slip and rotate whilst in use - wet or dry!

The stitching and construction of the harness is exceptional. I have never come across these particular quick-release buckles before, and they are a godsend for a fearful rescue pup. They can instantly be tightened/loosened. No more snap-lock buckles and adjusting straps as she grows for us!

I use this harness in the car (with a seatbelt wrap - a separate product) and have no concerns that she can wriggle free or get thrown about during harsh direction changes/emergency braking.

I am so impressed and despite having never heard of Ferplast (presumably as Ukrainian) I have now opted for Ferplast's retractable lead on Amazon as I needed a new one of those too B000M3Y8L2 which I will review after a suitable wear-in period.

Joseph Joseph Elevate Carousel Gift Set - Black
Joseph Joseph Elevate Carousel Gift Set - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart JJ Carousel, 15 Dec. 2013
The set looks professional and has a smart black and granite-grey appearance as per the photo. I wanted the set for its elevate block, as I hate sticky utensils on my worktops. The matt black silicone handles are very comfortable to hold. Usual complement of differing utensils, and my only gripe is that the ladel is very shallow and so lacks capacity. I have retaining my existing ladel for stews and casseroles and so the set drops a star for that reason. The carousel itself is very stable whether fully laden of partly laden, and the grippy rubber base holds firmly in place on my worktop. It does swivel and rotate by the way. Very pleased, and my prefered JJ utensil set.

Prestige Aluminium Cookware Set, 5-Piece - Black
Prestige Aluminium Cookware Set, 5-Piece - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight construction., 15 Dec. 2013
I like the lightweight (for decent cookware) aspect of this cookware set. My only critism is that the handles seem about an inch or two too short to be fully comfortable when held or stirring. The lids fit well. Each pan seems to balance well on the hob and feels stable. Pleasing asthetics and the non-stick finish is good and makes washing them up much easier than the pans they are replacing. My risotto no longer sticks during cooking!

Chapelwood Hedgehog House
Chapelwood Hedgehog House

5.0 out of 5 stars Enhance your supported garden with this., 4 Dec. 2013
Solid construction, well designed, and good value for money. The layout is good to offer our resident hedgies some protection from the neighbourhood cats and foxes.

I purchased this Dec 2013, and all panels were tightly stapled together contrary to some earlier reviewers who clearly had defective ones. I will certainly enhance the product further with a thin layer of roof felt to improve its resistance to rainwater, as to be expected with any ground level wooden garden product permanently exposed to the elements.

It will be a very lucky hedgie that gets to this new habitat first!

KONG Flyer Dog Toy, Small, Red
KONG Flyer Dog Toy, Small, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Frisbee Friend, 4 Dec. 2013
The dog has immediately adopted this product as her new frisbee friend. It flies well to give her some exercise, and has so far withstood her teeth when she runs off with it for a quick power chew before "fetch!"

My dog's mouth is approx 18" off the ground, and the small version is perfect. The larger one, although only 50p dearer, would certainly have been too big for her and likely a trip hazard whilst running with it in her jaws.

Perky-Pet 737 Garden Sip/ Seed Feeder with Water/ Seed Feeder Comibation
Perky-Pet 737 Garden Sip/ Seed Feeder with Water/ Seed Feeder Comibation

1.0 out of 5 stars Durable plastic?, 4 Dec. 2013
I am not convinced as to the context of "durable plastic" used in the product description. I suspect the plastic will retain its colour and "copper" finish well against UV light, however, the entire feeder is 100% plastic and appears very weak. Based on similar feeders used over the years, the construction of the base trays will not withstand any pressure from squirrels or destructive magpies! Returned immediately to avoid the inevitable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2013 2:19 PM GMT