Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Yochannah" (UK)

Cibola Burn: Book 4 of the Expanse
Cibola Burn: Book 4 of the Expanse

5.0 out of 5 stars Series continues in style, 9 Sept. 2014
Reminds me a lot of Peter Hamilton in style... I just love reading about creative alien worlds, with excitingly different creatures, biomes, and even different geology. In this one, we're back with the 'usual' characters we've come to know and love, plus occasional references to some of the secondary characters from previous books.

Wildside
Wildside

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as you'd expect from Steven Gould., 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Wildside (Kindle Edition)
Really fun read. "Parallel universe, what a cliche!" you might think, but it's done so well it just doesn't matter. There's ripe room for a sequel whilst still wrapping the current story up neatly.

Codex
Codex

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping fun read, 6 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Codex (Kindle Edition)
I was ensnared from early on. I enjoyed the way Edward was a non-nerd looking in on a nerd's world. The in depth discussions of old manuscripts reminded me pleasantly of JVM Jones' The Barbed Coil, too.

The other poor reviews baffle me

The Magician King: (Book 2)
The Magician King: (Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than The Magicians, 4 Sept. 2014
I really enjoyed this story. It was a bit more fulfilling and less bleak feeling than The Magicians, but full of the same intelligence and thoughtful quirks as the first book. I'd highly recommend it.

The Academy: Book 1
The Academy: Book 1

2.0 out of 5 stars in dire need of editing, but fun story, 23 July 2014
The book was fun, but it feels like someone started to edit the book and gave up after a couple of chapters. A lot of the later sections are enormous walls of text, full of grammar mistakes and typos.

The basic plot reads like Harry Potter, just with more death. A lot more.

I think that properly edited, this book could be a fantastic dark hp clone, but in the state it is currently in, it is something of a struggle to finish all the way through.

Damocles
Damocles

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich and emotive, 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Damocles (Kindle Edition)
Starting with the sci fi cliche of awakening from deep space travel sleep, I wasn't expecting a great deal from this book - but I was amazed. The characters were rich and a true pleasure to read. I'd recommend this highly.

Vegetarian Dishes from the Middle East
Vegetarian Dishes from the Middle East
by Arto Der Haroutunian

2.0 out of 5 stars Yummy looking, but low quality, 29 Jun. 2012
The recipes look delicious, but the book doesn't seem to be concerned about helping you to have a varied, low sat-fat diet... so much butter everywhere! But overall, I think the biggest shocker was a veggie recipe book, containing lard as an ingredient...

Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper, 300 Watt - White
Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper, 300 Watt - White
Offered by Slamtech Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Super handy little chopper!, 11 Sept. 2011
I've bought two of these choppers because I love them so much. Great for recipes where you need garlic, ginger, chillies, and other delicious chopped herbs and spices. It's also possible to use it in lieu of a food processor, although you'll have to do the chopping in batches.

The reason I had to buy a second is that the plastic bowl broke and wouldn't lock in place anymore. I don't think it's a flaw in the design, I just loved the chopper hard, using it nearly every day when I cooked.

It's also quick and easy to clean in the dishwasher, no silly nooks that gather grime.

Summary: for quick and easy cooking, plus easy clean up afterwards, BUY this chopper, it rocks!

Bluw USB Foot Warmer
Bluw USB Foot Warmer

4.0 out of 5 stars No idea why this is listed as a toy!!, 26 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Bluw USB Foot Warmer (Toy)
This isn't really a toy at all, just a useful object.... I use a footwarmer a lot on winter, and a USB one is perfect since it lives under my desk with the computer anyway. I bought this because my husband stole my old footwarmer and keeps it under his desk! This one is pleasantly warm - the only flaw with it is that the back of your feet and ankles are still subject to the cold. My old footwarmer was more like a huge boot that covered my ankles as well.

A warning for anyone who don't like girly colours - it's not shown in the picture but the whole underside of the footwarmer is pink!! Luckily it's always on the floor so you can't really see the pink side...