Profile for Lano > Reviews

Think On Your Feet
Think On Your Feet
Offered by Rikdev Media

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Jaimeson!!!!!!, 17 Mar. 2004
This review is from: Think On Your Feet (Audio CD)
This is my first review and I thought I’d review my favorite producer/dj/mc Jaimeson.
I have been waiting for the release of this album but after reading the prior reviews I thought I would be disappointed with this album but I am pleased (with a couple exceptions)
After the hits True (which hit #4 in Jan 03) and Complete (#4 in Aug 03), this is Jaimeson’s debut album. The album contains 14 tracks with musical styles ranging from garage to hip hop; five guest artists accompany Jaimeson on this musical journey.
1.True feat. Angel Blu – Of course we all know this one which was a massive hit last year; this is a garage type track featuring rap-talk vocals from Angel Blu. I loved this song from the minute I heard it, Angel Blu’s vocals, Jaimeson’s mc and the catchy chorus makes this a winner. 10/10
2. Selecta feat.Viper – I’m not real fond of this one, for some reason I don’t like this, I’ve never listened to it fully because I kind of find it annoying but that’s jus my opinion. For now I’ll give this one 5/10
3. Take Control feat. Angel Blu – This was the recent single released early this year (it peaked at # 16). This a dance, latin tinged song featuring the rap-talk style of Angel Blu and a verse from the man Jaimeson. I didn’t like it at first but it has grown on me. 10/10
4. Complete feat. Xara – this is the first of five appearances of Xara on this album. I love this song, I hated it, I couldn’t stand it but like Take Control this has grown on me A LOT. I love how it starts of with the guitar and sounds like it’s going to be a mid-tempo number but then picks up at the drum and bass chorus. Killer track 11/10
5. Break To The Beach – this is a 31 sec. interlude
6. Common Ground feat Xara – This is the chill part of the album and this starts it off. Good song, it still has to grow on me some more. 7/10
7. Say Anything feat. Xara – Love this one, I thought Jaimeson’s album would have been all dance non-stop but this one is a ballad type track. Lush vocals from Xara make this a very beautiful song. 10/10
8. Next 2 Me feat, Jaydee – This is where the album picks back up; this is supposed to be the next single. I don’t like this one, I guess because I think it sounds a lot like Take control and that doesn’t go over well with me, this one might grow on me but for now 5/10
9. Bounce 04 feat. Xara – This is a hip hop type track, this kind of sounds like something missy or timberland would produce. Love it and once again we hear Jaimeson’s vocals on this one. 8/10
10. I Got This Feeling feat. Jaydee – Like Jaimeson said in the intro of this track “it’s a little bit funky.” This is a dance type track with some funk elements thrown in. It’s a good song 7/10
11. Thinking Of You feat. Xara – Another dance track. I love the lyrics and the guitar parts throughout the song. 9/10
12. Better You Know feat. Viper – I thought I wouldn’t like this one because I didn’t like the first Viper tune, but this one is good. It’s kind of garage/hip hop kinda track. This tracks reminds me of Busta Rhymes hit a couple years back (Gimme Some More). Jaimeson has a verse in this one. 10/10
13. Touch feat. Carla Marie – This is another hip hop kind of track, it features some middle eastern influences. This track doesn’t sound like any other track on the album. I really wish this verse had a verse from Jaimeson but Carla Marie does a good job on vocals for this song. 10/10
14. So Instinctual feat Carla Marie – This sounds like a Neptune produced track and I don’t like it. I think its real bad, what makes it bad for me is Carla Marie’s vocals on this song, I can’t listen to some parts of this song (it’s so bad). I don’t know but this song just doesn’t work at all. 2/10
Overall it’s a great album and I love it, it features different types of music all done to perfection which is why I think Jaimeson is a great producer.