Profile for Tim C > Reviews

Content by Tim C

Tim C

English Electric (Deluxe Amazon Signed Copies)
English Electric (Deluxe Amazon Signed Copies)

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST OMD ALBUMS OF THEIR DISTINGUISHED CAREER, 19 April 2013
All the other reviews have covered all that needs to be said about this new album.
If you're OMD fan then buy it.
If you're a fan of electronic music buy it.
If you want an album with some lovely melodies and Andy McCluskey's voice at it.'s very best then buy it.
If you just wan't an occasional album just to play in the background, then buy it.
Oh sod it, just go and buy it........?...

Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy [Blu-ray][Region Free]
Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy [Blu-ray][Region Free]
Dvd ~ Richard Attenborough
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Received damaged second hand goods., 3 April 2013
this item came with a ripped outer sleeve and tear dmaged on the front of the outer sleep sleeve where a sticker had been removed. Also the seeling slot where supermarkets put the red tamper proof plastic pullout bar was damaged, making me believe this is a second hand return. Never received damaged items from amazon before, so quite surprised and dissapointed. Also had to pay return postage for a damaged item, so not to pleased. Have ordered a replacement so hopefully that will be ok.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2013 4:26 PM BST

Garmin nuvi 2595LMT 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars CAUTION ABOUT 7.20 SOFTWARE UPDATE, DON'T DO IT, 27 Nov. 2012
########PLEASE READ ON#########
This is my second Garmin 2595LMT, the first went back after a few days with it being stuck in demo mode and problems with updating the software.
The software version on the original one was 6.10. Amazon great about sending out a replacement as usual. However after having several TOMTOM's before and often having problems after updating the software, I decided to jump ship to GARMIN. I use a windows 7 PC and pretty much know what I am doing. So this SAT NAV is great, great voice command, quickly finds satelites and no lag on the map screen when driving unlike my old TomTom. So after having it for three months, with no problems what-so-ever, decided to update the map with the life time map update, I WISH I HADN'T. Connecting to computer no problem and was offered software updates and map updates as usual. So No problem there. The software version originally loaded on the second device was 7.10, so my replacement was obviously a newer made model and updated from my previous version of 6.10 software. I just wish I had remembered about the problems updating the original device. SO I went through the software update procedure and software loaded no problems along with the latest version of the map. All loaded no problem's quite quickly as I have a reasonably fast internet connection. However, the following day, whilst out driving I used the voice command and selected by voice command 'FIND PLACE'. To my horror to unit just shut down and turned off, no warning nothing. So i booted it up and tried again, same problem. So did a factory reset and hey presto same problem when I try to use 'FIND PLACE' on the voice command feature. So I reloaded the version sofware version 7.20 via the web updater and still same problem. So infuriated with my second faulty satnav contacted GARMIN, and guess what there is a problem with the 7.20 software that they are aware of and other's user's have complained about after the software update. BUT unfortunatly, they don't know what the problem is and don't know when a fix to the software update will be released. SO no Iam left with a second faulty device that I can't use it's full fuctions and don't know if any other problems will develop due to this faulty update. SO MY ADVICE IS DON'T BOTHER WITH THE 7.20 SOFTWARE UPDATE and just use it as it is to avoid similiar issues. Also have tralled the internet and other people have posted the same problem. It's a great unit and I am glad I Changed from TOMTOM, but I am so disappointed and fed up with software updates that aren't fully tested before release, then mess up your machine when downloaded. I hope other user's find these finding's usefull.

29/11/12. True to their word, Garmin released a software update for the voice command problem to version. 7.50, a couple of days later. So downloaded it via web updated as advised, and the device still has the same problem with the error code RTL TRAP on the info developer screen. So I guess the problem still isn't.t fixed. Amazon excellent about exchanging it for a replacement. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND this device as the functions are great and the voice command is excellent, but I will not dare update the software on the replacement again, and just go with the map updated when they become available.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2014 9:59 PM GMT