Profile for cleeve6 > Reviews

cleeve6

Total Eclipse of the Harriet
Total Eclipse of the Harriet

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed the book, 14 Jun. 2015
My first read of Fiona Jane Collins which I bought following a recommendation on Mumsnet. I really enjoyed the book, it's like grown up chick lit and kept me guessing all the way through. Harriet's character (along with many of the others') was really well drawn and you could imagine some of the characters appearing in other stories with Harriet as a background character. The whole premise is slightly ridiculous in terms of how fast the Harriet/Patti friendship develops and there are a few other scenarios that could be more realistic but if you can't suspend belief when you are reading a good book, when can you? Overall very enjoyable and I have now ordered the author's earlier book and look forward to it.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe you'll have better luck, 4 Dec. 2011
I haven't got this item so this comment is about the service and not the product. I'd like to buy the robe for my nephew but haven't been able to, despite efforts. Having found the robe on Amazon, I emailed the company via Amazon to ask for sizing information. No response after a week. So I tried the company directly - the phone is answered by a machine, the message says, 'please try later' and cuts off. I emailed again, directly via the company website, because it says the black & yellow robe is available in a child size but doesn't give sizes. 5 days and no response. Finally, I almost give up but I know my nephew really wants a robe with his name on it so I decide to order the robe regardless and take my chance. The website has allowed me to register as a 'member' (although there is no explanation of what this membership means) - but it won't allow me to buy - child size, adult size, whatever, it just falls over. I give up. This isn't about Amazon (which as a rule I LOVE) or about the product but about the service. Maybe you'll have better luck.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2012 1:14 PM BST

Country Strong [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
Country Strong [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected !, 1 Aug. 2011
I've been a country fan for a long, long time but had 'fallen away' from it a bit in the past few years. I heard the Gwyneth Paltrow song (me and Tennessee)on the radio and it was much better than I'd expected, so I thought I'd give this CD a whirl. The best price was Amazon. CD arrived quickly and I've thoroughly enjoyed it, not just that track but all of them. Some CDs you play once or twice and then they fade but I've had this one on loads and it's very catchy. Although I haven't got round to it yet, I'll buy the DVD as well to hear the songs in their movie context. Thoroughly enjoyable.