Profile for Photo-user > Reviews

Photo-user

I Believe In Yesterday: My Adventures in Living History
I Believe In Yesterday: My Adventures in Living History

3.0 out of 5 stars A view from the other side of the safety ropes, 17 May 2012
As a re-enactor myself I was interested in seeing how the author presented my hobby. It's very readable although anybody who isn't a re-enactor will probably wonder why on earth so many people do it on such a regular basis. He joins in with re-enactors from the Dark Ages, Roman, Tudor, early American and American Civil War (unfortunately ignoring the English Civil Wars which is my period). He suffers terrible privations on the way but appears to have fun which is exactly why so many people put on funny hats throughout the re-enacting season. If you've ever watched from the crowd at Kelmarsh or one of the other events where people try hard to show what life was like in some bygone age, this book will give you an interesting insight into life on the other side of the safety ropes.

Create your own Calendars (Second Edition) (PC)
Create your own Calendars (Second Edition) (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to standard, 3 Jan. 2011
I went on the basis of the earlier reviews and bought it. It's not as good as I expected. I've spent several hours trying to figure out how to use it. I still don't know how to do a 12 month calendar with a different picture on each month. I can't figure out how to reduce the font size for the days of the week or how to remove a row of days with no dates (e.g. a four week month that has five weeks on the layout).

In short there's no way I can recommend this. It was quicker to create my own calendar using MS Word.