Profile for ans > Reviews

Content by ans

ans

Page: 1 | 2
Gone Without A Trace: A brilliantly dark psychological thriller full of secrets and suspense

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great turn pager and excellently written novel, 1 May 2017
Wow...I read this in one sitting. A really great turn pager and excellently written novel.

Hive Active Heating and Hot Water with Professional Installation, Works with Amazon Alexa

1.0 out of 5 stars ... BG seem to be keeping quiet and yet is pretty major. Essentially, 14 Dec. 2016
I bought my stuff directly from British Gas but I think I need to alert people to a bug in the HIve ecosystem that BG seem to be keeping quiet and yet is pretty major.

Essentially, if you combine a Hive thermostat with other items they are now selling, such as active lightbulbs, then there is a pretty good chance that your thermostat will go offline on a random and regular basis. I believe that the technical problem is bound up with the nature of the network that Hive uses - namely a low powered radio network called ZigBee. This allows battery operated devices (such as the Hive thermostat) to work for a long time without needing a battery change. However, if you add mains charged devices such as Hive active lightbulbs to your ZigBee network then they each act as a node for the network and can divert, and in the process break, the connection between the thermostat and the boiler. This means that every day or two you will come home to, or wake up to, a cold house as the thermostat will cease to function until you carry out a manual reset.

The problem is particularly acute in larger houses with solid internal walls.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2017 11:59 PM GMT

Kitchens of the Great Midwest
Kitchens of the Great Midwest

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this unique and heartwarming novel, 19 Aug. 2015
From the first page I was drawn in and couldn't put this book down. It made me laugh out loud at times and I loved the interjections of recipes but it was the different characters, so well portrayed that Eva encounters that made this so interesting.

Luckiest Girl Alive: The psychological thriller everyone is talking about
Luckiest Girl Alive: The psychological thriller everyone is talking about

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Aug. 2015
A real page turner...kept me awake at night wondering what was going to happen next...recommend it as a different and compelling read

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 30 July 2014
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
Brilliantly written, very gripping..couldn't put it down. Recommend it to anyone who likes a real page turner...hope there is a sequel

Only the Innocent
Only the Innocent

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Only the Innocent (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was an excellent , compelling read.. Having read more than 10 books this holiday, it takes some writing to draw me in...which it did, read it in a day

Elizabeth is Missing
Elizabeth is Missing

4.0 out of 5 stars I am left feeling this was a very good, 16 July 2014
I really wasn't sure about this book when I started to read it, but ended up finishing it in one day. Slightly depressing but very gripping...I am left feeling this was a very good read

Life After Life
Life After Life
by Kate Atkinson

1.0 out of 5 stars I love Kate Atkinson but this is one of the worst books I have read in a long time, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Hardcover)
I tend to read on holiday mainly and save up some treasures to read. I found this book extremely tedious, annoying, rambling and of course repetitive, because that was the plot! I didn't have any sympathy for the characters.....7 hours that zi won't get back....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2013 6:31 PM BST

WHITE gloss coated aluminium self-adhesive cable clips - 50 SMALL open arm/modem clips for indoor use
Offered by Cable Patrol

5.0 out of 5 stars Met expectations perfectly, 2 Mar. 2013
This arrived very promptly and did exactly what I expected of it, so how can I give it less than five stars? Very good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2013 9:36 AM GMT

Mammy Walsh's A-Z of the Walsh Family: An Ebook Short
Mammy Walsh's A-Z of the Walsh Family: An Ebook Short

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 11 Oct. 2012
I loved this. I bought it before reading the Mercy Close book. I laughed out loud so many times. I've read every Marian Keyes' books and love them. The Walsh sister ones are my absolute fave.

Page: 1 | 2