Profile for Mrs C > Reviews

Content by Mrs C

Mrs C

Page: 1 | 2
Cuddly Thick Luxury Super Soft Teddy Bear Warm Sofa Bed Blanket Throw (150x200 (DOUBLE), AUBERGINE)
Offered by Fashionport

5.0 out of 5 stars Super warm and cosy, 15 Jan. 2016
Beautiful blanket!! It is so warm and cosy, delighted to have this during the cold winter months :)

Bright Starts Pretty My First Cook Book (Pink)
Bright Starts Pretty My First Cook Book (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for teething babies!, 9 Nov. 2014
Brilliant little crinkly book, I bought this when my daughter was a couple of months old and it has been her the most used toy, she uses the taggies and handle to chew on and scrunched the book with her fist to make crunchy noises, amuses her for ages and the size is perfect for little hands

Fractured
Fractured

2.0 out of 5 stars Too descriptive and predictable, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
I bought this for my kindle on basis of the average reviews and I hate to say it but I really didn't enjoy it. Everything is described in far too much detail and aside from the ending I found everything seemed so predictable. It felt very teeny bopper-ish, the main male characters all seemed stereotypical and I felt it didn't really have much depth. I finished it but to be honest I wish I had not bothered!

The One Plus One
The One Plus One

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful book, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
Jojo Moyes has a real gift for creating books that are realistic, accurate and heartfelt and this one is now my favourite.
The characters are believable and you feel yourself becoming entangled in their stories; the single mum, the daughter with a gift for maths and an awkward teenager trying to become a man. I loved this book and highly recommend it.

The Playdate
The Playdate

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 11 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Playdate (Kindle Edition)
I don't think the blurb of this book does it justice at all, I bought it as it was part of Amazon's daily deal but I probably would not have bought it on the basis of the description given.

However i found it a brilliant thriller, fast paced and thoroughly absorbing.

The story is focused on single mum Callie, and her relationship with mum of three Suzy. Told from the perspectives of Suzy, Callie and new neighbour Debs, the story depicts how each character responds to sinister events that unfold.

Would definately give this one a go!

Forever Is Over
Forever Is Over

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Forever Is Over (Kindle Edition)
I am so pleased I found this book, it is beautifully written and each character is portrayed so well I really cant believe this is a first novel.
I found the story thoroughly absorbing, although the book in long every page is relevant and contributes to the story.
Although cancer is a part of the book, it is by no means depressing or morose.
I have seen some reviewers have compared this to 'One Day', I accept there are similarities but in my opinion this is a far better read which is much more emotional and a far deeper and satisfying read.
I loved this, I think it is one of them stories which will stay with you a long time after you have finished reading it and I would definately recommend giving it a go.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2012 6:55 PM BST

The Secret River
The Secret River

4.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing Read, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Secret River (Kindle Edition)
I bought this for my Kindle due to the rave reviews and am very pleased I did.
This is a truly beautifully written book, that takes you back to Georgian England and the harsh realities of life in poverty. It then sweeps you away to New South Wales with the determined young chap Will Thornhill and his love Sal. Wonderful work, I enjoyed this novel and look forward to the next.

Top Trumps Specials: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Top Trumps Specials: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Offered by aamazingdeal

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Sept. 2011
My son loves these top trump cards, he is a big HP fan and he gets so much enjoyment out of this game, very good value and very speedy delivery.

Stolen
Stolen
by Susan Lewis

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure .., 26 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Stolen (Paperback)
This is the first time I have read a book by Susan Lewis, and Im afraid I did not really enjoy it.
The story starts off well, but it all goes downhill from there.
It is very slow moving, with so much unnecessary narrative and very disjointed text, and I really had to push myself to finish it.

These Things Hidden
These Things Hidden
by Heather Gudenkauf

4.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, 27 July 2011
This review is from: These Things Hidden (Paperback)
This story is focused around Allison, who once had everything a seventeen year old girl could want until an event changes her life forever and left her imprisoned.
But it is not just her life that is altered, the consequences of her actions have left many lives changed.
I loved the characterisation in this novel, Gudenkauf truly bought her characters to life and I feel this really bought the story to life.
(Gus, was a particular favourite of mine!)
It has many twists and turns throughout it, I certainly did not see the ending, a fab novel!

Page: 1 | 2