Profile for nimnom > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Eat Pray Love: One Woman's Search for Everything
Eat Pray Love: One Woman's Search for Everything

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, 28 Aug. 2017
I've never seen the film and had a sense of cringe about the book - knowing nothing about it at all! Why? I'll say it was the universe biding her time until it was right for me to read this. You could come away depressed, thinking of the times you could have door as Liz did and change 'before life took over'. Or you can be inspired, an find positive, bold ways to keep being more you. I want my girls to read this in their teens. Happy for Liz. Thanks to her & all in her story for sharing something so personal and so wonderful.

The Island Escape: Take a romantic trip to the sunshine this winter
The Island Escape: Take a romantic trip to the sunshine this winter

5.0 out of 5 stars A romantic tale of everyday disappointment, hope, friendship & love, 24 Jun. 2017
Loved it. A great, fun, touching & engaging read. Made me appreciate my life, reach out for romance & love the adventures life puts my way. Totally relatable characters, with a good dose of passion, adversity, fun & excitement. I really enjoyed The School Gate Survival Guide too. Well done Kerry.

Set of 6 Bright Floral Print Hair Clips Snap Bendies Sleepies 4.5cm (1.8")
Set of 6 Bright Floral Print Hair Clips Snap Bendies Sleepies 4.5cm (1.8")
Offered by Pritties Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colourful everyday clips, 23 Jun. 2017
Great colourful everyday clips. Decent quality. My girls love them

Asiki 12L Hydration Pack with 2L Water Bladder - Waterproof Camping Hiking Running Biking Trekking Climbing Cyclng Hydration Backpack & Rucksack (Orange)
Offered by Asiki

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price, 23 Jun. 2017
Amazing hydration pack for the price. Seems really well made. I'm a UK size 10 woman and the straps don't quite sit right over my shoulders and round. Have tried adjusting in all directions, including waist and chest, but just not quite the right shape for me. Given the price and how good it seems overall, I don't mind. Think it will be perfectly comfortable to run with. Pocket are great - a small front pocket for snack and lightweight top / foil blanket for emergencies, with phone pocket and key lanyard. Main pocket for the included water bladder is also big enough to fit e.g. an item of clothing, You won't fit a picnic in here, or heavy sweater, but just right for longer runs. Outer mesh pockets are another great place for snack bars and gels for easy access on the trails.

Barkskins: Longlisted for the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction 2017
Barkskins: Longlisted for the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction 2017

4.0 out of 5 stars A generations long read - a thought provoking tale, 14 Jun. 2017
Not one story but many stories intertwined. An amazing achievement of research & storytelling. Starting with early white settlers arriving in then New France, Barkskins tells the story of the insane destruction of the ancient forests, the ignorance of the impact on people, culture, lifestyle and the land itself. We journey through generations to see, finally, the resulting state of our world today. Often chilling this story pulls no punches and is more compelled no because of it.

J'aime Ma Maman I Love My Mom (French English Bilingual Collection)
J'aime Ma Maman I Love My Mom (French English Bilingual Collection)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for language learning, 21 May 2017
Some complex words, but helpful in family situations! Covers tenses & lots of about-the-house vocabulary. Also a great story for children with a lovely suggestion about gift giving from the heart.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
The Ocean at the End of the Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars An immersive experience in a magical ocean of a book, 7 Oct. 2015
I didn't realise how much I loved, and missed, fairytales until I discovered Neil Gaiman. This is the second of his books that I've read and I relished every mystical, confusing, enlightening and wise word. At times I had to put it down to recover a while. At others my eyes were sore from reading it so hard. I finished it feeling like someone had reopened the tin of possibility, the lid of which I accidentally shut somewhere around the age of twenty.

To be revisited.

Woodland Hedgehog Night Light
Woodland Hedgehog Night Light

3.0 out of 5 stars Burns through batteries, 23 July 2015
This review is from: Woodland Hedgehog Night Light
Burns batteries like they're going out of style. We use rechargables, but still....

Elemental Beauty Fudge Mineral Blush
Elemental Beauty Fudge Mineral Blush

2.0 out of 5 stars Brick dust in a cheap pot, 23 July 2015
Horrible colour - like brick dust. If you only use a teensy bit it's okay. Poor quality pot - top fell out when I was tipping product into the lid to use it and so there was brick dust everywhere - v wasteful.

Will not buy again.

Premier Housewares 2-Tier Slatted Natural Cedar Wood Shoe Rack
Premier Housewares 2-Tier Slatted Natural Cedar Wood Shoe Rack

3.0 out of 5 stars Do the job, 23 July 2015
Poor quality workmanship! The screws are wonky when you unpack it, but it goes together ok and then you don't notice it. They do the job inside my wardrobe. You get what you pay for and these aren't flash but do the job. They aren't wobbly or anything, so no complaints.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4