Profile for Clarabell > Reviews

Content by Clarabell

Clarabell "clarelwinter"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Plemo 15-15.6 Inch Laptop Sleeve Case Waterproof Canvas Fabric Bag for MacBook Pro / 15.6-Inch Laptops / Notebook, Pink
Offered by Gaoruixiang UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good fit for 15.6", 26 Dec. 2016
A beautiful case, gorgeous design and well made, well lined - great quality. Sadly it didn't fit a 15.6" dell laptop well. The zip barely closes and the laptop has to be fairly squeezed in. I think it would suit a 15" one far better. If you have a thick laptop at 15.6" I'd say it won't fit at all. I'm hoping the case gives a bit and as it's so pretty that I'm putting up with the forcible use!

Bill Turnbull's Relaxing Classics
Bill Turnbull's Relaxing Classics
Offered by FLASH

4.0 out of 5 stars Bill doesn't sing a note?! I thought that ..., 7 Dec. 2016
Bill doesn't sing a note?! I thought that Bill had regretted retirement, plunged his golden handshake wonga, and turned to belting out a tune or 40. I'm still giving it 4 stars - 2 for the value of three CD's! 1 for Bill's St.Tropez-ed smile on the front and 1 for him quite honestly owning the shirt and cords look. I'll have to hold out for Trevor McDonald Sings the Blues in 2017, to get my newscaster-turned-crooner fix.

Transcontinental Group 270 x 25 cm Snow King Fir Garland
Transcontinental Group 270 x 25 cm Snow King Fir Garland

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, Christmassy item!, 5 Dec. 2016
I love it! What a great price for a quality item, and sent quickly! I attach a pic of mine, I decorated it as you can see with lights, ribbon and baubles. The only thing I'll say is that it comes with no attaching fasteners, so have a think about how you'll get it to stay on. My husband stuck an self adhesive hook under the mantle piece, and I was able to tie the garland at either side. This was after relying on gravity didn't work...the garland slipped off minus any ties (it's quite heavy) and landed on a not cheap glass vase on the hearth, which then smashed to smithereens. I'm not down rating the item for this, as that was my fault for not thinking it through! The only additional thing I'd say, is that the ends of the branches are quite rough (they are made of wire) and a lot of positioning has created some surface scratches of the mantlepiece top...one to worry about in Jan!
Comment Comment | Permalink

United Kingdom Map Poster (A2 Size 594mm x 420mm)
United Kingdom Map Poster (A2 Size 594mm x 420mm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2016
It's a map!

Expanding Trellis Brown Wooden Fence - Growing Support 1.80 m x 1.07 m / 6 ft x 3ft 6" Garden Screen - Garden Growing Aid Wooden Freestanding
Offered by UK-DEUBA

2.0 out of 5 stars For outdoors I wouldn't recommend. Expensive for quality level, 2 July 2016
Very fragile and lightweight. Was for use indoors so not an issue, served the purpose. For outdoors I wouldn't recommend. Expensive for quality level.

Behind Closed Doors: The gripping psychological thriller everyone is raving about

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Page Turner!, 20 Mar. 2016
I'm a hobby reader and not looking for literary perfection, so my reviews come from enjoyment and general engagement.

This was a real page Turner for me. Suspense loaded and captivating from the start. I loved it.

*Spoilers*

Yes there are implausible bits:
The wedding night was pretty inexcusable and taken far too well!
She was so drugged on the plane back from Thailand visit 1 that she was unable to talk and needed a wheel chair...but this was all fine to all staff.
I can't name one famous lawyer, yet he was a globally known celeb lawyer.
How did he not taste or notice 16 crushed up pills in a drink of whisky, mixed with a finger, yet was so eagle eyed at much less! Was he drinking neat pints of it?!
The cause of death was suspected suicide, from an inadequate amount of sleeping pills and dehydration in a locked room. No evidence of the packaging from 16 sleeping pills would have been found, and he'd washed his glass and dried it, and put it away in his suicidal state to take them with.
They struggle to the basement, and she locks him in. He's found there looking like he's taken his own life, yet there's evidence of his desperation to claw his way out?
Her finger prints would have been all over the paintings she alleged to know nothing about.
Millie would go to an asylum at 18 minus the option of living back with family?!
All of the Jorj Kloony stuff.....

I could go on! I still enjoyed it immensely!

A Man Called Ove
A Man Called Ove

5.0 out of 5 stars Not without it's flaws, but a true gem., 7 Mar. 2016
This review is from: A Man Called Ove (Kindle Edition)
I read the top "negative" review, and I do accept that the metaphors are clumsy at times. Ove does a lot of fist clenching in his pocket, he does indeed have a very politically correct mix of new found friends, and I found the solution to Rune's imposing re-homing a touch implausible (maybe coming from the UK, and having struggled to get social services to acknowledge that an elderly relation needed residential care, I find the tenacity of Swedish social services, who want to cart people away against their will, a bit far from comprehension?!). However, I was left touched, moved, and in tears, and also reflective, and these all have to amount to a good reaction. I couldn't also help but wonder what Ove would have made of Saab's demise?!

A great book, in a genre that is not too unfamiliar, very much in the "100 year old man..." style. Ove is a Victor Meldrew/Alf Garnett type of character, but rather less bigoted than the latter, and a lot more useful than the former. It's that relationship with his wife that is the power force, and makes for a very moving and heart warming tale.

Cheatwell Games Table Top Racing Snail (Colours may vary)
Cheatwell Games Table Top Racing Snail (Colours may vary)
Offered by Bargain-Zone 4u

1.0 out of 5 stars YOU ARE BUYING ONE SNAIL!!! BE WARNED!, 13 Feb. 2016
It is not clear at all that you get one snail, so when I ordered 2 I expected 4 snails, not 2...for £12?! Absolutely ludicrous price for two! Seems that you pay for the plastic casing in this case?! Yes they arrive looking a bit more finished than the average wind up toy because they are in a perspex case, but they don't work any better! As I am not the first person to say this, I think that the misleading picture of 2 snails should be taken down and replaced with one! Other sellers sell 6 wind up toys and illustrate 6...you sell one and illustrate 2 with no clear wording that the price is reflective of 1. Not happy market place seller OR Amazon. I will be complaining and returning! If I wanted my eyes taken out I'd see a surgeon! :(

Dobble Card Game
Dobble Card Game
Offered by 1BB LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game we bought all Christmas...and we bought a lot!, 13 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
Nothing to fault here! Easy fun and absolutely addictive game! Can't believe that there is a match on each card and each time you think there isn't you spot it! Sounds far easier than it is! 10/10!

Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 - White (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 - White (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality, 13 Feb. 2016
Sent quickly and exactly as expected - top quality, great sound, solid and sturdy. Previously had Turtle Beach and replaced them twice for faults just out of warranty. My other son has had the black ones of these for 3 years with absolutely no issue, hope these will follow suit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3