Profile for Amazon shopper > Reviews

Content by Amazon shopper

Amazon shopper "A Reader" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Indorex Flea Spray
Indorex Flea Spray

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for sure., 9 July 2015
This review is from: Indorex Flea Spray (Misc.)
When my son received mystery spots all over his body, we were at a loss. Our cat was meticulously treated with Frontline, plus no other family members had any spots, so we didn't realise it was flea bites. After I read online that Frontline was now ineffective in a lot of cats, I groomed my cat carefully and found flea dirt. I then realised the poor thing had fleas :( and not only that, they were biting my poor son! I treated her with advantage and, whilst her fleas disappeared very quickly, my son continued to be bitten. The house was affected. We used flea powders, flea bombs, nothing, and was one step away from calling in the council when my mum recommended this to me. I tried it, treated the whole house, and the problem disappeared within a week! Cannot recommend this to people with animals enough. Great flea treatment. Yes, it contains permethrin, but remove your cat when spraying and don't allow them to return until the room has been well-ventilated, and there will be no issues.

Feliway Spray 60ml
Feliway Spray 60ml
Offered by VetePet

1.0 out of 5 stars No effect on my cat whatsoever., 9 July 2015
This review is from: Feliway Spray 60ml (Misc.)
Didn't work for discouraging my cat from scratching. In fact it had no effect whatsoever. I gave the bottle to my mum, who is having a problem with a cat urinating in inappropriate places, and it's had no effect on her cat either. Maybe the plug-in his better, but I cannot recommend the spray. Very, very expensive for what you get.

Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sick, but oh, so hilarious, 9 July 2015
Disgusting, rude, offensive, and bigoted. I love this game. Definitely not one to play with the family on Christmas day. Played with friends during an evening in, and we all adored it. An easy 5 stars.

HST Mall Double Canvas wardrobe Cupboard Clothes Storage Solution with Hanging Rail + Storage Shelves 110cm x 45cm x 175cm Pink
Offered by HST MALL

5.0 out of 5 stars You could do a lot worse for £20. Looks great in my daughter's room., 9 July 2015
When my daughter's wardrobe broke, we had trouble finding another we liked. So on a whim and for just £20, I decided to give this a go as just a temporary wardrobe. I admit my expectations weren't high- after all, this costs around the same price as a pizza. However, I'm very pleasantly surprised. It holds all of a 9-year-old girl's summer clothes, the floor is large enough to store a box of dressing-up clothes and the shelves are big enough to hold a few cuddly toys, underwear and pyjamas. I actually think it looks better with the unit open rather than closed. We're still planning to replace it with a more sturdy, permanent wardrobe but this will certainly do the job until then. Very pleased with purchase.

Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling
Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Hart's ego might be a tad too big for it though!, 9 July 2015
A brilliant story, where Hart holds no punches (metaphorically speaking...). His ego does at times tend to take over, and there does seem to be a 'I'm right, everyone else is wrong' feel to his story, but it's still a great read. I'm left feeling sad at the tension in his family and Bret's hostility towards his sisters. I hope he loses the bitterness and can find peace amongst his family.

Cat Zoom Groom
Cat Zoom Groom

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat hates it. But it definitely does the job. Removes a huge amount of hair., 9 July 2015
This review is from: Cat Zoom Groom (Misc.)
It gets a huge amount of dead hair off my moulting cat. The poor thing has been scratching like mad for over a week due to moulting (fleas been ruled out), and black cat hair was being left all over my house. I've groomed her 3 times in 18 hours with this product, removing around a golf ball sized lump of hair each time. She absolutely detests it and growls at me, but is pacified with a few catnip drops afterwards so I don't feel she is being traumatised too badly, and her coat is already looking shinier and in better condition. Plus she is scratching less. She seems to appreciate the effects of the grooming, if not the act itself. I knew she wouldn't like it though as she's always hated being brushed.

Atkins Endulge Peanut Caramel 35 g Low Carb Bars - 15-Pack
Atkins Endulge Peanut Caramel 35 g Low Carb Bars - 15-Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Taste ok, but better low carb chocolate fixes out there., 13 Jun. 2015
They taste OK, but at 11g of carbs per bar I'd rather have a few squares of Green and Blacks 70% or 85% cocoa chocolate, which is less carbs and has proven health benefits not found in these bars. They're also very over priced. Try some quality dark chocolate with a couple of brazil nuts instead of these.

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic debut novel., 11 April 2015
If this is Beck Albertalli's debut novel, I cannot wait to see what she comes up with in the future! I can't remember the last time I polished off an entire novel in a single sitting. Warm, funny, and very real. I adore the Harry Potter references, and find the fact that Simon secretly reads Harry Potter gay fanfiction adorable. But what I like most about this is the way homosexuality is presented in this book. There are no family conflicts, no friends cutting him from their lives because of Simon's sexual orientation. Just a slow build as Simon learns not only to accept his sexuality but also see himself as 'normal' with nothing to be ashamed of. If anything, Albertalli condemns the South for its bigotry, making reference to the fact that Simon and 'Blue' cannot hold hands in public 'because this is still Georgia'.

So, who is this 'Blue'? The clues are there, and I admit I guessed rather early on, but this didn't spoil my enjoyment of the story one single iota.

An enjoyable read with a lovely protagonist. I would love to see a sequel, or at least more from this promising and talented author in the future.

The First Hippo on the Moon
The First Hippo on the Moon
by David Walliams

5.0 out of 5 stars A massive hit. Son adores this story., 26 Feb. 2015
Got this for my son's 5th birthday. He's currently going through that obsession with poo and farts that all little bys seem to have at some point, so this book was a huge hit! He laughed until he nearly cried at the description of the hippo farting. For Book Week, his class were all asked to bring in their favourite book. He asked to take this one. I checked with the teacher first it would be OK, given its content, and she said yes. Today she came out at home time and said she'd read it to the whole class and they had all laughed aloud for a very long time at it- her included, and now she's going to buy a copy to read to her grandchildren! A massive hit in this household!

Rose And Co Patisserie De Bain Fairy Cake Moisturising Bath Melt ROSE 45g
Rose And Co Patisserie De Bain Fairy Cake Moisturising Bath Melt ROSE 45g
Offered by Solretail LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty but very small!, 22 Feb. 2015
As they're advertised as 'fair cakes for the bath' I expected them to be around the size of a fair cake. I ordered two as Christmas presents but they were so small I was embarrassed to give them. Each was delivered in a box not a huge amount bigger than a cube of chalk used for snooker cues. Although the weight was on them the size of the item was not. The item seems incredibly expensive (at over £5 inc P&P) for such a tiny, if admittedly pretty, item. I wouldn't recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14