Profile for Jackson > Reviews

Dyson Soft Dusting Brush - Fits all Dyson Vacuums
Dyson Soft Dusting Brush - Fits all Dyson Vacuums
Offered by Kenco Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Brush up your cakes dear, 26 Sept. 2013
This is my amended view of this product having given it only one star originally because it did not fit my old Dyson. Since then however I have purchased an adaptor for a few pounds and the problem was fixed instantly. Without the adaptor it also fits my Morphy Richards vacuum so I can use it with either model. The brush does an excellent job with whichever vacuum I use it. Just remember if you have an old Dyson you will probably have to buy the adaptor or you will find yourself returning an excellent product.

Jolee Fabrics Small Red and White Check PVC Round Tablecloth - 130cm
Jolee Fabrics Small Red and White Check PVC Round Tablecloth - 130cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Fabrics, 23 Sept. 2013
New dining table was looking bare. Searched Amazon and found this. Looks great and is easy to clean. Strongly recommend.

Morphy Richards 73411 Never Loses Suction Family and Pets Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Sucks up the family pet, 12 Sept. 2013
Sucks up the family pet? Not really, but it sucks up everything else. Although I bought this in March 2012 I did not take it out the box til September 2013 after having had builders make a tip of the house. I used my old Dyson to hoover up plaster dust and everything else deposited by the builders but it soon gave up the ghost. The new Morphy Richards was then assembled to see what it could do. I was astonished to find that all the excellent comments turned out to be true and not at all exaggerated as I had previously thought. This little baby sucks up everything and reaches places that were out of reach of the Dyson. Providing therefore that the belt does not break, for this seems to be the achilles heel of this model, then I should be a satisfied customer and user for years to come. Can't believe that Morphy Richards do not supply replacement belts. Really?

Re-usable Pizza-mesh, Gives all round crispness to your pizza
Re-usable Pizza-mesh, Gives all round crispness to your pizza
Offered by TheBigShip

5.0 out of 5 stars Wondermesh, 2 Sept. 2013
You like-a pizza, I like-a pizza. You like-a make-a pizza, I like-a make-a pizza. You like-a no spend too much-a money, I like-a no spend too much-a money. This pizza-mesh is the real deal BUY.

American Old Bay Seasoning: 170g Tub
American Old Bay Seasoning: 170g Tub
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay Bay, 25 July 2013
I bought this after hearing Nigella say that she brought some back from the States. I've tried it a few times now and have never been all that impressed. It's okay but I was expecting a more exciting taste whereas it is just average. Others might find it wonderful but taste is personal so recommendations should be taken with a pinch of salt, or without if that's your preference. Would I buy this product again? No.

Enpee Commercial Grade Food Blender Smoothie Hot Soup Maker Ice Crush Heavy Duty
Offered by Enpee Enterprises Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The Biz, 31 May 2013
This blender really is the biz and worthy of all the praise heaped upon it. I already had a blender, a JML Bullett Express, but I was fed up having to chew bits of food which were left unblended after blending. Enter the ENPEE blender. It's the old story: as soon as you take something classy out of its box you know in an instant that you have bought something solid and well made, something which will not let you down. It looks the part and it plays the part. It does what it is supposed to do: it blends. It's like a classy car when you put your foot on the pedal, leaving your average car for dead, powering its way into the distance. The ENPEE blender is like that; it has plenty of power in reserve if needed. My only regret is that I did not purchase it when I first saw it. I waited a few days and by that time the price had risen by £30.00. To someone on a pension, £30.00 can buy a lot of cat food. But that's not your concern. You simply want to know if this is worth buying. Well, what do you think?

JML Star Chef Deluxe
JML Star Chef Deluxe

3.0 out of 5 stars Starry I'd Say Not, 18 April 2013
I like kitchen gadgets and buy anything which I have not tried previously. There are more plus points than negative points in my humble opinion.

Negative Points:
1. Over priced.
2. The rubber seal around the inner lid has not lasted all that long. I hope that JML will supply me with a new inner lid but I do not know if this item is still marketed and therefore available.

Positive Points:
1. Once you give it time and experiment with it, food turns out yummy. I don't suppose proper cooks would give it the time of day but for me it is a kitchen helper and cooks food without fuss.
2. Great for rice.
3. Great for soup.
4. Great for steaming veg or fish
5. Great for frying. No splatter of oil because of deep sides.
6. Great for baking apparently although I have not tried this function. Read other reviews.
7. Great for minced beef and stews.

So the Star Chef is good but not really a star in the world of cuisine.
I would recommend only for those who are not fully fledged cooks. It can and does make cooking a little easier. But you've got to work at it and get used to it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2017 8:21 PM BST

2 x Stylish Latte Glass, Coffee Cup, Mug, Hot Chocolate
2 x Stylish Latte Glass, Coffee Cup, Mug, Hot Chocolate
Offered by Get Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 26 Mar. 2013
Best deal for these is Dunelm Mill. Bought one for £1.99 today and going back for more tomorrow. They are flying off the shelves so will have to be quick.

Kitchen Craft Home Made Quarter Pounder Burger Press
Kitchen Craft Home Made Quarter Pounder Burger Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Burger it., 16 Mar. 2013
Some kitchen gadgets work and some don't. This one most certainly does. It's not easy to make the perfect burger since there are umpteen variations and it's all down to personal taste anyway. At least if you buy decent meat you are half way there. The perfect shape of burger takes you further along the road to burger Nirvana. This burger press does exactly that and makes ample size burgers which keep their shape without having to add the awful egg to the burger mix. And the mix doesn't need much coaxing to come out of the press. It also gives the ubiquitous lines on your burger although these are just for show and not really necessary. If you are into making your own burgers give this little gadget a go. It works.

Stellar JA36 Frying Pan, Black, 24 cm
Stellar JA36 Frying Pan, Black, 24 cm
Offered by Harts Of Stur

4.0 out of 5 stars Pan the pan, 11 Mar. 2013
I originally panned this pan because on first use it was almost impossible to scrape off a fried egg. Then I realised that the pan is capable of cooking better ingredients than eggs. It is very good at starting steaks or pork chops or burgers on quick-fry before finishing off in the oven. I've seen this method on dozens of cooking shows on television and it actually works very well. The construction of the pan is solid with a longish handle for ease of use, especially when taking out of the oven. It is also a good-looking pan and is quite easy to clean if you let it soak for a time. I bought this pan for only £15 in my local TK Maxx store and is excellent value for money. I'm just glad I gave it a second chance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7