Profile for Jackson > Reviews

Artame 20 cm 18/10 Stainless Steel Nordico Saute Pan with Lid
Artame 20 cm 18/10 Stainless Steel Nordico Saute Pan with Lid
Offered by good-pricepoint

5.0 out of 5 stars Ess Ell Pee., 1 April 2015
Great pan if cooking for one or two. I use it with my microwave on convection or my halowave oven. I suppose it will be used mostly on the hob. It is versatile and cooks food like chicken thighs to perfection. I only paid £11.00 for it in my local TK Maxx so it was a great purchase. It's not non stick but any pro chef will tell that it is all the better for it. Superb little pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good-bye Grease, 8 Jan. 2015
I bought this in my local Dunelm Mill store when £5 was knocked off the price in the January sale. Having bought one of those useless white ceracraft ceramic pans a few months ago I decided to give this one a try. I'm very glad I did. Bacon fries without oil and without splashes, so there's no need to clean surrounding surfaces. Eggs slide off with ease, again without the use of oil. So if you are reading this and wondering whether or not to buy, wonder no more; go ahead and buy. It's worth it. Good-bye to oily grease.

More Fool Me
More Fool Me
by Stephen Fry

3.0 out of 5 stars More Fool Me? More Fool You, 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: More Fool Me (Hardcover)
More Fool Me? Mr Fry is probably thinking 'More Fool You' if you think I'm going to divulge anything of note. He doesn't and that's that. No doubt the cash will roll in as it has done throughout his adult life. A bit of Fry, not the full on Fry of the past two biographies.

Dyson DC40 Animal Lightweight Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC40 Animal Lightweight Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Connected Appliances

3.0 out of 5 stars Intake of breath and dust., 13 Sept. 2014
A sharp intake of unbelievable breath is my experience whenever I see the price of any Dyson product. I have both a Dyson and a smaller and lighter and more compact Morphy Richards vacuum and I much prefer and use the Morphy Richards product. I believe the Dyson will appeal to a certain type of buyer. That type of buyer is not me. If you can buy a product which is cheaper by far and equally good by near, then what exactly are you paying much more for? Hardly makes sense.

Sharp 25 Litre Dual Grill Combination Microwave, Silver
Sharp 25 Litre Dual Grill Combination Microwave, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars A Looker Cooker, 24 Feb. 2014
Since I already own a decent Panasonic combination microwave oven I deliberated for a long time before buying the Sharp. When it dropped in price by £11.00 recently I decided to buy. Imagine my disappointment when I opened the box and discovered two large dents on top of the oven. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and this is the first return I have had to make. Things moved on and I quickly received a replacement oven in due course. I was drawn to this particular model because of its ability to cook crisp skin baked potatoes. The instruction book does not explain how to achieve this, so you have to read the instructions carefully and work out from other comments how to cook the perfect crisp skin baked potato and this is what you do:select grill/combi, press 4 times for C-1 setting, place the potato on the turntable and cook for approximately 18- 20 minutes turning the potato half way through. It's as simple as that. No need to use the rack. It's also a good looking oven: a looker cooker. I rated the item 4 stars and not 5 because the instruction book is a bit mean. The Panasonic instruction book is full of recipes. Your best option if stuck is to buy a book on micro-combi cooking.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2014 12:08 PM GMT

Lorenz Hart: A Poet on Broadway
Lorenz Hart: A Poet on Broadway
by Frederick Nolan

4.0 out of 5 stars Hart To Heart, 25 Nov. 2013
This book reads more like a who's who of American musical theatre in the first half of the 20th century. I've read it through twice now and each time I learned things that I never knew before. It may be the case that it's now too late to interview those people who really knew Lorenz Hart and even if one could would these people even want to tell? I also get the feeling that the cigar smoke which was always around Hart was a smokescreen around the inner man too. We know what we know and maybe what we know was even too much for Hart himself to approve. It doesn't really matter because his lyrics say all there has to say about the man. Unfortunately as someone else has already stated on this page the author of this book was not allowed to quote Hart's lyrics. That for me is like trying to eat the finest food with your hands tied behind your back. No matter. Just sit back and listen to the great songs themselves as interpreted by the great singers of our time. That should be enough for anyone. They go straight to the heart.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rip-off, 20 Oct. 2013
Currently advertised on this page as I write on 20th October, 2013 for £129.95. If you have money to burn then go ahead and buy. I bought mine a few weeks ago for £44.00 and for that price is worth every penny. But £129.95? That's a rip-off. The practical merits of the Dri Buddi outweigh the failures: 1. it is easily assembled 2. it dries the clothes well providing it is not filled to capacity 3. little need to iron clothes after drying. It's main drawback is that you cannot get as many clothes on it as the tv advertising suggests. If you can buy this for around £50.00 then I would highly recommend but at £129.95 it's a rip-off.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2014 6:42 PM GMT

3.0 out of 5 stars Rip-off, 20 Oct. 2013
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2015 4:22 AM GMT

De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier, 10L
De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier, 10L
Offered by Fone-Central

5.0 out of 5 stars Ge me a De-humi, 10 Oct. 2013
De-humi is good at what it does and it does it so well that i am so pleased because it does so well and I have no complaints because it does so swell and so far I am so pleased because it does s o well and I am so happy because it does so well/ Apart from that I have nothing further to say.

Dyson DC01 DC02 DC03 DC04 DC05 DC07 DC08 DC14 DC18 DC19 vacuum cleaner universal tool adaptor
Offered by Kenco Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Adapt or die, 6 Oct. 2013
I purchased a Dyson dust brush a few weeks ago believing that it was a universal fit for all Dysons as the advertising suggested. Unfortunately it did not fit my old Dyson DC07. I then came across this little baby, ordered it, and fitted to the brush at one end and the hose at the other. Result? Problem solved. Satisfied customer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7