Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
HELP! My Dog is Scared of Fireworks
HELP! My Dog is Scared of Fireworks

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of useful information. Just FYI, 3 Jan. 2016
Lots of useful information. Just FYI, there are other recognised Behaviour organisations apart from the APBC though, of which members are also academically qualified and experienced behaviour therapists/Counsellors. So maybe the resources could have provided a few more options in this area of expertise, for readers to research and choose?

The Healthy Homemade Dog Food Cookbook: Over 60 "Beg-Worthy" Quick and Easy Dog Treat Recipes: Includes vegetarian, gluten-free and special occasion ... dog health and nutritional considerations
by Charlie Fox

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but have some reservations., 3 Nov. 2015
Received and read today. Unless I have missed it, I cannot see guidelines for amounts to feed for the meals. For me that isn't a problem as I have been raw feeding for about 15 years, but it could be useful? I have always thought corn is not recommended for dogs? Some very interesting recipes for treats that I will be trying though. No references.

The Endless River
The Endless River
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars I have not been disappointed, it is a fitting tribute to Richard Wright ..., 14 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Endless River (Audio CD)
I don't know why but I didn't expect it to be anything other than instrumental and for that I was anticipating listening to the very foundations of PF music. I have not been disappointed, it is a fitting tribute to Richard Wright and all things past for Pink Floyd as there are hints of musical styles from the various ages of the band. I agree it has to be listened in one hit and IMO as with a lot of PF music, ideally via headphones to hear all the details. Mr Wright (posthumously), Mr Mason and Mr Gilmour, I believe that you have set out and completed maybe what you intended to do, so thank you for one final piece from Pink Floyd. It is atmospheric, full of detail, a journey that I enjoyed. My reason for one less star? The merging of tracks could have been a bit better maybe, just me being picky!

Postcards From a Rock and Roll Tour
Postcards From a Rock and Roll Tour
by Gordy Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star and great read!, 26 July 2014
Bought it when saw Gordy Marshall when performing with The Reflections this summer in between touring with the Moodies. Fantastic, down to earth and very humorous encounters of what it is like to be a 'Rock n Roll' drummer on tour. Even hubby thought it was great and he never reads books!! Very talented writer.

China Study, The: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health
by Thomas M. Campbell II

5.0 out of 5 stars We should all be made aware of the health messages in this book, 25 May 2013
After reading Jane Plant's 'Life in Your Hands' I wanted to discover the science behind the recommendations in her book. Well I certainly found it! This book is SO well written for everyone, it charts how the author became aware of the unquestioning link between what we eat and our health. It is not a faddy 'vegetarian/vegan' book but based on scientific research. The chapters on how people's health were turned around with health issues such as heart disease, diabetes and breast cancer sold it for me on how much more in control of our health we can be, how we can make ourselves better and not just rely on medical solutions, medications and their potential side effects. Whilst these can be essential in fighting many 'western' diseases, there is so much more we can do it seems to help ourselves. The authors come across as such genuinely caring individuals, this was so easy to read and a definite eye opener!

The Plant Programme: Recipes for Fighting Breast and Prostate Cancer
The Plant Programme: Recipes for Fighting Breast and Prostate Cancer
by Gill Tidey

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading to 'Your Life in Your Hands', 25 May 2013
The 'Plant Programme' is the 'how to' that enables you to put Jane Plant's recommendations in to action. The recipies look easy, varied and healthful. My first week 'planning' from the book. My fridge has never looked healthier! This no doubt will become a daily food 'bible' for those with cancer, recovering from cancer, wishing to prevent cancer and for all who want to eat a balanced nutritional diet.

Your Life in Your Hands: Understanding, Preventing and Overcoming Breast Cancer
Your Life in Your Hands: Understanding, Preventing and Overcoming Breast Cancer
by Jane A. Plant

5.0 out of 5 stars This could literally be a lifesaver read!, 25 May 2013
Since recently being diagnosed with breast cancer (the second time!), I was recommended this by a friend. Although, I had tried to keep a healthy (or what I 'thought' was healthy!) over the years, I included organic dairy products and still ate meat now and then. Reading Jane's book, based on much scientific research and not just a 'fad' idea, is an eye opener as to why I should have even avoided these products (especially dairy). All I can say is read it and make up your own mind, also read The China Study by T Colin Campbell PhD, which also provides much scientific evidence that backs Jane's beliefs. I hope now that there will NOT be a 3rd time, after understanding the science, logic and applications of the recommendations made in this book and putting my health back in my control!

Anatomy of the Dog: In Straightforward Terms
Anatomy of the Dog: In Straightforward Terms
by Kerstin Mielke

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for anyone interested in the physical structure of a dog, 2 Jun. 2011
I bought this because I had booked to attend a one-day canine massage workshop. I found the diagrams and explanations very easy to understand (if not to remember!). It helped familiarise me with the terminology used on the workshop and I am now hoping to take a Canine Anatomy & Physiology course, for which this book will be great.

No Name (Penguin Classics)
No Name (Penguin Classics)
by Wilkie Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars I too wish I couldread this for the first time again!, 25 Sept. 2009
As per a previous review, I too wish that I could experience the sheer pleasure of reading this book for the first time. Although I read this and his other main '3' some time ago, I cannot remember a better book than this one. Wilkie Collins provides the reader with so many twists and turns along the way, plus surprises when you think that you have got it sussed! Won't go into to plot details as I think a reader should have the pleasure of discovering the story for themselves. I found it very difficult to put this book down. I am glad though that I am not alone in thinking this is a better read than the usual Moonstone or maybe the Woman in White. In fact the order of my top '4' would actually be;
No Name / Armadale / Basil / The Moonstone & Woman in White = 4th, maybe Moonstone just getting 4th place!

Once you read one of the main 4 you are likely to find yourself hooked on this great and compared to Dickens, under-rated author, I have read about half of Collin's books now, just the other 50% to get through. Personally Dickens has never appealed to me, with his silly character names it almost reminds one of pantomime characters that to me, takes away the seriousness of the social commentary in his books, almost as if never daring quite to 'tell it as it is'. Yet Collins gives you the full picture, a few strange and obscure character names appear but on the whole, his believable 'warts and all' characters carry you into a real and sometimes unsavoury world of his time.

Can't wait to get hold of the rest of his books

Dark Side of the Moon
Dark Side of the Moon
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant musical craftmanship not just a 'collection' of songs, 19 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Dark Side of the Moon (Audio CD)
Just flicking through PF reviews and while most rate this as a deservedly 5 stars, those who have rated less than 4 I would intepret that the depth, quality and craftsmanship of this album may have been missed. Yes, I would rate this a lot lower if I was just looking for a collection of rock/pop songs, but this is not in that genre. This also could be said to be a collection of negative lyrics which if taken out of context of the era in which they were created, you could be forgiven for thinking them somewhat depressing. By comparison, talk about depressing & much overated album/artist - I bought ColdPlay a while ago, played it once and never again - THAT was a collection of lyrically and musically depressing, droning songs, without the dexterity and musical brilliance of DSOTM.

DSOTM, as with most of Floyd's music is intricate, layered and there is always something to discover, they are not 'chuck it in the stereo' for backgound music while you get on with other things. Pink Floyd's music deserves, no, demands respect and you must commit your listening (ideally via headphones) to hear every note, every individual 'word, punctuation mark, sentence, chapter and whole book'. The themes probably as relevant today as the time the album was released. Musically brilliant - I have always said and feel that 'Pink Floyd is what stereo was invented for!', you become totally immersed from beginning to end. Whilst I am not keen on the early works (not old enough then, to relate to the experimentalism of the early albums), DSOTM brings together I feel; excellent songwriting, techincally brilliant musicianship, mesmerising inventiveness and craftsmanship. A musical journey, not a collection of pop songs!

A very deserved place indeed among the best albums of all time.

Page: 1 | 2