Profile for David G. Vanstone > Reviews

Freedom is my religion
Freedom is my religion
by Pat Condell

4.0 out of 5 stars You've seen the videos now read the words., 3 April 2014
This review is from: Freedom is my religion (Paperback)
Yep the heading pretty much sums it up. I admire Pat Condell but don't agree with everything he says - only most and I will defend to the death (of someone else) for the right for him to say it.

Crystal Fire: The Invention of the Transistor and the Birth of the Information Age (Sloan Technology Series)
by Michael Riordan

4.0 out of 5 stars The history of technology is never like a sci fi film, 3 April 2014
Not everyone is judged by history as being a nice person. Newton is testament to that! There is a story in this book of someone who could have been the richest person in the world if it wasn't for the very personality that made it possible for him to be part of a innovative endeavor that has changed the world and helped to make the future. The history of science and technology is often overlooked which is a pity.

Nmap Network Scanning: The Official Nmap Project Guide to Network Discovery and Security Scanning
by Gordon Fyodor Lyon

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much what I expected, 3 April 2014
Like most books of this ilk I don't use very often but its nice to know it's there when I need it.

I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban
I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban
by Malala Yousafzai

4.0 out of 5 stars Must reading and I don't say that lightly, 3 April 2014
This is a story of a strong willed young girl who survived and thrives despite the violence directed against her. There is nothing I can say, you just have to read it and realize how fortunate we are to live in our safe secular western nations.

Häxan - Witchcraft Through the Ages [DVD] [1922]
Häxan - Witchcraft Through the Ages [DVD] [1922]
Dvd ~ Benjamin Christensen
Offered by Entertainment Seller

5.0 out of 5 stars Haxan is just the best thing to watch with whisky, 3 April 2014
Having seen snippets from this film in many documentaries over the years I was always curious to see it whole. An odd little film which seems to be an excuse for showing naked people dancing in the era of silent film all under the pretense of presenting a serious history of witchcraft this film is curio delight. Five stars for just being...

The War of the Worlds (Special Edition) (1953) [DVD]
The War of the Worlds (Special Edition) (1953) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gene Barry

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, it is only 4:3, 10 Jun. 2009
This is one of my favorite films and a welcome addition to my collection but it is only 4:3 and not 1.85:1 as advertised!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2010 11:31 PM GMT