Profile for Mazza > Reviews

Mazza (UK)

Random Acts Of Heroic Love
Random Acts Of Heroic Love
by Danny Scheinmann

5.0 out of 5 stars A tender, passionate, well paced, skillfully written story ...., 24 Nov. 2008
I've read a lot of the other reviews posted and this book seems pretty divisive - not what I expected. I personally loved it - I sobbed through the final chapters. It delivered on everything I expected. I'd call it truly an epic, one I will go back to read again and again. The different strands of the story are very carefully and patiently woven together. The characters are very skillfully portrayed - I felt so much tenderness for Leo's father. In all, this story was so very moving and beautifully written. Those 1 star reviewers must have hearts of made of granite!

The Jolly Postman
The Jolly Postman
by Allan Ahlberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful!!!!, 26 Aug. 2008
This review is from: The Jolly Postman (Hardcover)
I read this book for two children I was babysitting on Saturday night. I think I enjoyed it more than them! What a fab idea, perfectly written and illustrated. I'm going to be buying this for all the children I know this Christmas.

No Time For Goodbye
No Time For Goodbye
by Linwood Barclay

1.0 out of 5 stars No Time for ..., 18 Aug. 2008
This review is from: No Time For Goodbye (Paperback)
...reading rubbish like this. All of the other reviewers that have allocated one star have covered very adequately the problems with this book so I'm not going to go over them again. I'll just say, I've wasted hours of my life on this but you don't have to! Read the one star reviews and give this book a wide berth - find something worthwhile to read instead.