Profile for BJDee > Reviews

BJDee

Panasonic RP-HTF295E-K  Mid-range HiFi Headphones - Black
Panasonic RP-HTF295E-K Mid-range HiFi Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars They suit me, 9 Dec. 2014
I bought these as a back up for the Technics RP295 set that I have had for years as they are the same phones under a different brand name. I use them mainly for practicing guitar and they give a bright clear sound over the tonal range, (to my ears anyway) and the long cable lets me keep away from the amp without having to use an extension cable which is what I wanted. They are fine for a listening to radio/music too and are plenty loud enough and not too heavy on the bass side. No in-line volume control but this is not an issue for me and the product description doesn't say or imply there is one.
They are comfortable, and I can wear them for a couple of hours easily with no problem.
They took about 10 days to arrive as they come from Germany and I was aware of this when I ordered. They were very well packaged and I have no complaints on that score.

Overall I am very pleased with them as they suit my needs and are good value for the price. If you prefer a more bass biased set these may not be for you.

The (Old) Isle of Dogs from A to Z
The (Old) Isle of Dogs from A to Z

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Dec. 2014
Having being born and brought up on the Island this brought back many happy memories, and a few bits of information I didn't know. Well done Mick.

Canon AVC-DC400ST Stereo AV Cable for Digital SLR Cameras
Canon AVC-DC400ST Stereo AV Cable for Digital SLR Cameras

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but...., 8 Dec. 2014
The cable was canon branded but when connected to the camera the plug does not fit all the way in.
When I connected to the TV I got no picture. I eventually got it working by using a scart adaptor. I don't know why it didn't work the way it should. It may be the TV, but other devices work ok.
The cable arrived quickly and picture quality is good, but because of all the messing about with the plug only three stars.

Meerkat Fridge Magnet 80x55cm
Meerkat Fridge Magnet 80x55cm
Offered by coole gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good service, 6 Jun. 2013
I bought this as a light hearted gift for a friend who was feeling down.
Item arrived 3 days before the predicted date, so I was very happy with that.
Based on this service I would not hesitate to use this supplier again.

RayGar Guitar Stand Foldable Universal A-Frame Style Guitar Stand Black for Acoustic Electric Guitars - New
Offered by RayGar

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service. Just the job, 5 Feb. 2013
Ordered on Saturday, arrived Tuesday morning. Small and light,holds my Strat, Epiphone Sheraton or acoustic. It does the job I want it to do; and that's what matters. If you are looking for a stand at a reasonable price look no further. A great product for the money.

The Cornerstone: The Bestselling Comedy Fantasy Adventure!
The Cornerstone: The Bestselling Comedy Fantasy Adventure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant....Buy it NOW, 24 July 2011
Like other reviewers, I have also read other books by Nick, and just had to get this when I saw it; and am so glad I did.

He has got the central charater Max as the atypical bored teenager with attitude down to a tee. The action is fast paced and I found it hard to put down. I am a great fan of Terry Pratchets City Watch novels, having been introduced to them by my son, and I think this is just as good as any of them. I really enjoyed this book, so much so I have in turn introduced my son to Nicks books.

If you are a fan of fantasy or are just looking for a light-hearted, funny, easy read then buy this book now and let your imagination do the rest.

Nick has tantalisingly left the door open for a sequel which I sincerly hope he writes sooner rather than later. It is right at the top of my wish list. Highly recommended.

Boomerang
Boomerang

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cracking Good Read, 24 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
As a new Kindle reader I was scouring the humor section for something to read. At 70p I thought "might as well give this a try"
I am so glad I did.It is well written & had me laughing at the ensuing chaotic antics of the various chasers of the boomerang, & the misfortunes of the assassin. As others have said if it would make an hilairious film. Get this book at this price you really can't go wrong.