Profile for Callum > Reviews

Content by Callum

Callum

MSI RX 480 GAMING X 8G PCI Express x 16 3.0 Graphics Card - Black (AMD Radeon RX 480, 8 GB , GDDR5, 256 Bit , DisplayPort, HDMI, DL-DVI-D)

5.0 out of 5 stars MSI perfects it again!, 3 Nov. 2016
MSI is an amazing brand for graphic cards, I previously owned a R9 380 with MSI and the fans they add to the card along with a wider range of video output is amazing.

I recently bought an RX 480 from another brand, using the stock fan and default design of the RX 480. It's not good, its high temperatures of 80-90 until you have to manually force the fans high, not only that but the noise the fan makes on auto is awful, like a sound of a helicopter though much quieter of course.

I ended up returning my RX 480 and buying this MSI RX 480, and I have to say, they have perfected it just as well as they did with the R9 380. The fans are so quiet I can't even notice it, and the temperatures are a good 10-15c lower! MSI also provide DVI plus two HDMI as well as the new DP output for 4k.

If you are going to get a graphics card, pay the little extra for the MSI version, it's worth it and no doubt improves the life time of this card.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2017 12:23 PM GMT

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 RAM PCI Expess 256 bit Graphics Card
Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 RAM PCI Expess 256 bit Graphics Card

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not MSI great., 2 Nov. 2016
The card is excellent graphically, however being an MSI user for my previous cards, the fan, temperature and noise is not impressive at all, it's noisey, the temperatures are 80+ before you ramp up the fan speed high, with even more noise. The fan sounds like it's chugging along like a helicopter when it's on auto fan speed, it's quiet but distracting with constant odd sounds. If you look up MSI brand of the R9 380 or RX 480 you'll see the two large sized fans they add to the graphics card, great cooling and amazingly quiet.

This card will do you well but MSI does it better for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2016 1:01 PM GMT

Asus VS247H-P (23.6 inch) LED Monitor 50000000:1 250cd/m2 2ms 1920x1080 Full HDMI DVI VGA

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Monitor!, 24 Sept. 2014
Sadly this product has received a low rating due to it originally having incorrect information in the title and description. This monitor is fantastic, nice slim design and amazing display. There is most certainly ghosting issues when first used however this is easily fixed by a function in the settings, right now I can't think of the setting as im away from the PC but it is at the bottom of one of the menus and works in percentages, I dropped mine to around 30% for the ghosting to go away, it is just some fancy named option they used. The default settings are also terrible so highly advise you spend a few minutes tweaking the brightness/contrast/warmth etc on something familiar to you until it looks normal. Love this monitor and will soon be purchasing a second one.

Sarah's Story - They cruelly stole my childhood. Here is my story of recovery and triumph

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreakingly brilliant, 14 July 2014
incredible women, ill never know how someone gets through this. brilliant but Heartbreakingly sad. read the book in one go.

Acer C720 11.6-inch Chromebook (Silver) - (Intel Celeron 1.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB SSD, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Google Chrome)

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect choice, 16 Jan. 2014
There are a lot of Chromebooks out there and reading reviews on which one is better can be a nightmare, I spent weeks looking into different ones and still wasn't really sure. I took a dive and went and bought the Acer c720 and I am beyond happy. I think all my future laptops will be a Chromebook from now on. I certainly recommend this Chromebook to anyone as I have had no flaws with the system despite what some people may say.

I was also amazed with how this laptop can easily be used on an external monitor. I have watched films on a 50" tv screen from this chromebook and it was very smooth and high quality from netflix. It's important to note that you can't install software on chromebooks but if you can adapt to the thousand of apps on chrome store and use the internet and google drive you won't find yourself short of materials to use. I have a main pc for all my software.

They boot up fast every time and are very well built!
Very highly recommended.

WD My Passport 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Black
WD My Passport 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but Superb, 12 Feb. 2013
Really easy setup, sturdy build and reassures all data is protected, backups very handy!
Would recommend this to anyone who needs a Hard Drive whilst traveling.

USB 2.0 A Plug to A Socket Extension Cable Hi Speed 1.8M
USB 2.0 A Plug to A Socket Extension Cable Hi Speed 1.8M
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Choice, 26 Aug. 2011
Brilliant item to purchase if you require some distance between connectivity, suchas my Flip Camera, i can now charge and connect without putting strain on the USB :)