Profile for Kitandler > Reviews

Content by Kitandler

Kitandler (Good Ol' Blighty)

A Crowded Coop - Portal 2 Plush Keychain Original Companion Cube
A Crowded Coop - Portal 2 Plush Keychain Original Companion Cube
Offered by YUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Plushy keys, 24 Dec. 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bigger than expected! But still, least you'll not lose your keys in a hurry.

Bought this as a present and am very tempted to keep for myself.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
The Ocean at the End of the Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't sing it's praises enough, 24 Dec. 2013
I love Neil Gaimen. So I expected no less than to love this book but any long term fan knows an author can have a dud.

This is not that book.

This is where Gaimen thrives- lulls you into a feeling of an average story of adults reminiscing about childhoods and then, easy as you like, it becomes a fantastical tale of a boy and a girl (who's been 11 for a long time) and their attempts to save his family from a being that crossed over from the place with an orange sky to Our World, where it doesn't belong.

I won't say anymore for fear of ruining the suspense and skill of Gaimen pulling you into this brilliantly-crafted story.

Highly recommend (if you can't tell).

THE HOMOSEXUAL HERESY: How Christians Are Being Held Hostage
THE HOMOSEXUAL HERESY: How Christians Are Being Held Hostage

1.0 out of 5 stars I bet someone will say 'free speech', 20 Oct. 2012
But this is vile and I see I can report a comment as being abusive- why can't I do the same for this product?

Please withdraw it. This offends me as part of the LGBTQ community, no, on a human being basic level- not to mention my Christian friends who would be damn offended to be lumped in with this bigot (and let's be honest, Christians have a pretty good level of privelage too)

I don't know what else to say- I've flicked through other kinds of these things and they are badly written hateful propaganda parading as academia/literature.

Please remove this- they can keep their opinions and free speech, it's their right. But you can choose whether to stock this: as another person said, if this was about race or women, I bet it wouldn't be permitted (for obvious and good reason!)

The Book of Deacon (The Book of Deacon series 1)
The Book of Deacon (The Book of Deacon series 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars First free book I downloaded- brilliant, 3 Sept. 2012
This is my first book review on Amazon but I felt this book really earned one.

I admit, when I started reading it, I was dubious as it was free AND it doesn't have any chapters (the horror!) but I want to assure any other future readers- overlook that. I know it has faults as mentioned and some spelling mistakes but I just didn't care. I was too taken up by the story to count the number of cons against the pros!

As I'm sure there are people better than I who have summed the story up, I'll try not to do that except as to say it is about a young woman trying to survive in a world where it's people don't remember a time without war and to be a pacifist/war criticiser is paramount to treason. Miranda is such a person and has to rely on some interesting friends (an orphaned dragon for one who I absolutely fell in love with! If you don't, I'm not sure your heart is working) and some excruciating challenges to get by and survive. Added to that, the fate of her world lying in the hands of the Chosen and it is just a brilliantly paced adventure.

If this book had been released through a publisher, yes it would have been better; but I can not deny this book a star when I consider it one of my favourite epic fantasy trilogies (I bought the final two when I was about...a quarter of the way through this). I have spread this to my friends and family and I have yet to find someone who has not enjoyed it, to some extent at last.

Definitely one of the best free ebooks that gives me faith to keep reading the works from self-published authors :D