Profile for Mr. Juraj Lacko > Reviews

Content by Mr. Juraj Lacko

Mr. Juraj Lacko (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Sigma DP2 Merrill Compact Digital Camera - Black (46MP)
Sigma DP2 Merrill Compact Digital Camera - Black (46MP)

5.0 out of 5 stars The King of IQ, 3 Nov. 2014
Unbeatable image quality for the price. IQ is what counts to me the most.. All cons mentioned by others reviewers are true. Buyer has to make sure he/ she understand what he/she is buying into. IQ compared to my previous C6d or C5dmk2 with L lenses is nowhere near to sigma merrill. Photograper needs to know his craft well to use this camera to the Max but once done correctly it will reward you with wonderful images. Most of the time this is not point and shoot camera bear that in mind. My only regret is I haven't bought this camera long time ago.

Skullcandy Holua In-Ear Audio Earbud Headphones with In-line Mic for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Gold

1.0 out of 5 stars Holua wood earphones, 8 Mar. 2014
Update 5/2014
After only two months of small usage right earpiece stopped working. No good. Sound was great while it worked Thou.

Panasonic RP-HJE130E-K headphone (RP-HJE130E-K)
Panasonic RP-HJE130E-K headphone (RP-HJE130E-K)

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic RP-HJE130E-K, 1 Nov. 2013
I have bought this headphones because of its small and light size and it's Audio Specifications:
Frequency Response 6 - 23000 Hz
Sensitivity 100 dB/mW
Impedance 16 Ohm
11.5 mm neodymium magnet
I know there are better specs'ed headphones out there but it's hard to find anything at this low price.
I have found the sound is very well balanced from rich bass through clear midtones to high tones without overpowering bass as I have found with many sony's headphones. Delivery was quick I have got phones next day at no extra cost. (sold by GreatElectricalDeals)
Very happy, recommended!

Sony NEX3NL Interchangeable Lens Camera - Black (16-50mm Power Zoom Lens, 16.1MP)

4.0 out of 5 stars NEX-3N Great Little clicker, 27 Sept. 2013
I have bought this camera to fill the gap between my dslr canon 6d and small point and shoot camera. I am using it on daily basis for my personal project I have started recently. Here is what I have learnt about the sony nex-3n.
First I have to say I am very pleased with Image Quality I am getting from it.
I really like how small and light it is yet comfortable to hold in my hands.
It is very quick in operation. The settings I often use I have assigned to ISO button (ISO, WB, focus area, af/mf, metering, and creative style) The Lower button I have assigned to exposure lock. The shooting program can be changed quickly since I only press the middle button, turn dial and confirm with the middle button. It is fast and easy.
I like face detect feature on sony and I wish my canon could do it too (I know it is available in live view but it is too slow hence not usable for me.
The screen - I really like articulated screen and not missing a viewfinder at all to my surprise. The screen resolution is satisfactory. I have the screen Brightness turned to the max. and I can see what I am doing on sunny day outdoors.
Build in flash is welcome bonus for occasional fill in and I love I can pull it backwards and bounce it of a ceiling or a wall - what a great idea!
The zoom rocker around shutter button is nice feature too and I use it more often than controls on the lens itself.
The Battery last me for long time between charges but I will get a spare one later on. Charging is done inside the camera and the camera can Not be used while charging, What a pity!
Another con is when I want to play video. I have to go to menu and choose to play video and video format I have recorded video in. Never seen anything like that before. Video quality is very good at low ISO setting. I don't see much of the difference between sony and canon.
The kit Lens itself is very good between 25-50mm setting. The 16mm setting I try to avoid as there are made too many compromises in terms of the optical quality.
Over all this kit is a good combo for me and I found myself neglecting canon dslr in use a lot since I have bought sony. The sony is not perfect of course, but it very good indeed. In capable hands this camera can produce stunning images. I have tried many camera brands and models and this one is up there in this price range. I would recommend this kit to anyone who wants small and light camera with dslr quality images output which doesn't cost an arm and leg or a kidney :-)
Good light all and Thanks for reading. I will update once I will find out something new.

Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera
Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid upgrade, 15 May 2013
I have bought canon 6d to replace my 5dmk2 for following reasons:

+ IQ at high ISO at least 2 stops better over 5d2.
+ Better dynamic range
+ Improved low light AF ability 6d will focus down to -3ev applies only to center af point thou.
+ Wifi feature that makes my workflow faster and easier.
+ Built in correction for lens issues and also built in camera RAW files developer. I can travel without computer as i can develop RAW in camera and upload pictures to smartphone to email.
+ Smaller lighter camera body, nicely carved grip, better looking.
+/- New touch pad can be sometimes annoying when in hurry otherwise OK.
- The back screen cover is made of a plastic rather than glass one.
- The panel on the top of the camera is made of a plastic because of wifi and gps radios.
- No dedicated WB button
- No build in flash
Overall I like 6d, the IQ, the way it feels in hands, shutter sound is smoother and much quieter than 5d2. It is a joy to use this camera. I do especially like it with 40mm f2.8 stm (pancake lens) as it is so small optically excellent and lightweight to take anywhere with me.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2016 1:38 PM BST

Lowepro Exchange Messenger Courier Style Bag for DSLR - Sea Blue
Lowepro Exchange Messenger Courier Style Bag for DSLR - Sea Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera bag for 5dmk2, 20 Mar. 2013
I have bought mine 1.5 year ago and it still goes strong. This is very nice messenger style bag. I personally use mine to carry a camera gear. It can take canon 5d markII with attached 24-105mm lens and 70-200mm f4 with no trouble (Both lenses are with hoods reversed attached on the lens). I also can fit in my 14" laptop when i need to. Build quality is excellent and it looks very nice too. Enough of black and boxy boring bags! The shoulder strap is wide enough and spread heavy weight well even without additional pad like are used on other bags. I walked in rain few times and gear has never got wet. I don't say the bag is waterproof but it does resist rain good enough for my needs.
But there is a problem...
No padding at all! NO padded bottom, sides or top whatsoever. I have used 2 out of 3 dividers provided as an extra padding for bottom of the bag to protect my gear. Only concern should be if you want your camera to be protected as much as possible from every side look elsewhere. For me it is 5*

Hoya 77mm HD Digital Circular Polarizing Screw-In Filter
Hoya 77mm HD Digital Circular Polarizing Screw-In Filter
Offered by OptixMania

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya HD CPL 77mm, 9 Feb. 2012
I bought that CPL after reading few reviews on web. I was considering buying either this one or hoya pro1 or Marumi super CPL. At Last I went with hoya hd (that is probabaly the best offering from hoya CPL). I don't regret this decision. Its excellent filter for its price I paid. It has hardened glass and its much brighter compared to other CPL filter. Hoya claims this filter passes 1EV stop brighter which is truth. When I unboxed it looked almost as bright as UV filter. Hardened coating resists scratches better than ordinary filters and it is indeed easier to clean. Frame is extremely slim and it doesn't cause any vigneting on wide angle lenses.
I would recommend this filter to a friend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice red one, 24 Oct. 2011
This purse I have bought for my friend as a present. She was very pleased with it after she opened box. Its made of soft RED leather and it was in nice presentation box. It was good value for money and its good quality too. She had it for more than two years and it still holds in good shape. Purse has lots of compartments for cards, coins and notes.

Canon Digital SLR Camera  EOS 5D Mark II + EF24-105 Kit
Canon Digital SLR Camera EOS 5D Mark II + EF24-105 Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars My dream camera, 23 Oct. 2011
I have owned Canon 5d markll for almost four years and I use it often. I fell in love with it as soon as it was released back in 2008 but it took me some time to save up for it.
The Image quality is excellent providing a lot of detail, rich colors and good dynamic range. 3.9 fps continuous shooting might not be enough for sport photographer but is fast enough for my needs. High ISO ability is excellent. The camera feels very well built and solid in my hands. I have took many thousands of pictures and they look simply Great. But the one think I am missing on it is a build in pop up flash for occasional fill in would be nice.
Canon EF 24-105mm f4 usm IS L
Good points : weather sealing, good zoom ratio, weight, contrast, sharpness, colors, IS, fast and quiet AF with full time MF.
Bad points: bad distortion at 24mm (it can be fixed in PP), lens is made of plastic rather than metal, IQ suffers with flare.

Accurist Ladies leather strap watch LS670WA
Accurist Ladies leather strap watch LS670WA

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice timepiece, 23 Oct. 2011
I have purchased this watch for my Mum as a present. I was plesantly surprised about good build quality and nice presentation box. I think it is worth £50 as full price but i only paid less than half price. I wanted an elegant waterproof and easy to read watch for her and that one offers it all. Overall very pleased with my purchase. Only time will tell how well it will perform in wear it everyday test.

Page: 1 | 2