Profile for Mr. D. Lambert > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. Lambert

Mr. D. Lambert (South Yorkshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Supra C500 Key Safe Secure/Wall Mounted/Outdoor/Key Storage Device
Supra C500 Key Safe Secure/Wall Mounted/Outdoor/Key Storage Device
Offered by The Key Safe Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely sturdy and works well, 15 Oct. 2017
After I'd figured out the instructions (don't just go by the pictures, read the text because the picture is misleading where setting the number is concerned), I was delighted with how sturdy this is and how well it operates. It seems a lot to pay but this is seriously heavy duty. I consider the price of the key safe very small compared to how much time it would take to get access if I locked myself out, what it would cost to repair a door or window, the cost of changing the locks, and not to mention that having the key lock means that those who need access can be given the code to help me in emergencies.

This is going to give me considerable peace of mind knowing that, if I should ever lose my keys when I'm out that I can get a spare set from inside the house (and bring my car back) while I try to figure out where the keys are. I wish houses had key safes this sturdy built in as standard.

PACK OF3 6 9 & 12 MENS CLASSIC SLIPS BRIEFS PANTS HIPSTER UNDERWEAR COTTON S-2XL[Pack Of 12 Mix Colours,M]
Offered by Kidco

2.0 out of 5 stars Far too small to wear, but nice material. Shame I'll have to use them as dusters..., 15 Oct. 2017
Way way way too small! My normal size is medium and I can fit into a small, but these are way too small for me, more like a small lads pants! I checked and the description says mens not boys. I think they are very badly sized. Given how small these are I would need an XXL to even get into them! Opened the packet to try on of course so difficult to return. I'll use them for dusters, they are definitely nice and soft.

Gola Rey Vx, Men Football Training Shoes, Black (Black/White), 9 UK (43 EU)
Gola Rey Vx, Men Football Training Shoes, Black (Black/White), 9 UK (43 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for the price but beware, they come up smaller than the stated size, 15 Oct. 2017
These shoes are very snug (that's a reviewer's terminology for being a gnats away from too small). I have a 9 width (feet) with an 8.5 length, so a 9 should fit comfortably. My toes are right up to the ends and the width is very close to being too small. These are more like a size 8.5 than a 9, and I would have gone for a 9.5 if I had known this before purchase. Being as they do fit, a bit snug but they will no doubt flex a bit and stretch, I'll take the risk, but the length measure is definitely short. A person with size 9 length feet wouldn't fit into them. They are a struggle for me.

The shoes themselves are well made though, even if a bit of a b****r to get into. Good quality for the price (size put aside).

BT 8600 Advanced Call Blocker Cordless Home Phone with Answer Machine (Twin Handset Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality phone that saves having a separate call blocker. Very cost effective., 17 Sept. 2017
This definitely deters the nuisance callers. You can let calls through just once, always let the calls through from that number, or block them forever. Really well thought out and easy to use.

I can only think of one improvement, and that would be more useful ringtones, but that's a small addition. The phone itself is very good, and the answering machine works a treat with the default settings.

If you put a number into the memory, that number is automatically allow through. Simple and sensible. BT have actually got this phone right, and the audio is clear and loud too. Five stars.

WEED BURNER KILLER WAND BUTANE GAS BLOWTORCH GARDEN OUTDOOR WEEDS MOSS FUNGUS (WEED WAND + 8 CANISTERS)
Offered by AAAz Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and very efficient gas usage (2+ hours of continuous use from a small gas canister!), 17 Sept. 2017
The gas canisters last an amazing time considering their size! At least a couple of hours of constant use if not longer. It helps if the weeds are dry of course, and green stuff takes a bit of a flaming but does shrivel and burn after a minute or so.

Best on a day without much wind, but surprisingly it still works in quite strong wind (didn't blow out).

I see others mention the igniter failing, but this hasn't been my experience as yet. Ignites easily and first time every time.

I think if I was doing more than just weeds between flagstones I might go for one of those paraffin powered gizmos, but no complaints with this for what I need. The "wand" is long enough to not have to bend (I'm 5' 8" ish) so no backache.

Good little device, got the grass out of the join between my drive and the pavement, leaving it clean, and also outside of the front gate.

I was concerned that it may scorch the flagstones, but if anything they are cleaner where the flame has played on them! That was surprising. I think it was burning the dirt off! Now I need a jet spray lol

Good and very little money for a simple but well made item.

Oh, the little O ring that sits between the gas canister and the "wand", make sure that doesn't fall out when you remove the canisters! It is quite important to have because it stops gas escaping (says the instructions), although I found mine on the floor where it had dropped out accidentally and didn't notice any gas escaping at-all. I wonder if the supplier has any spares of these?

FM London Men's Argyle 12 Socks, Black (Heel and Toe), One size (Manufacturer Size:UK 6-11)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 26 Aug. 2017
I wondered what quality I was going to get when I ordered these. My skin tends to react to all artificial fiber socks, not to mention they slip badly on laminate flooring! These are a good mix of fibers.

They are quite tight on my legs (calf muscles of a mountain goat combined with good elastic) so I fold them over to be more like ankle socks, and they feel wonderful, a bit like ankle warmers (and they have that effect)!

Socks aren't something I rave over, so my 5 star rating is because: they seem quite able to stand me walking around the house in just my socks all the time, without holes appearing, they are comfy (turned over), and I will buy them again because they are really good value. It helps having so many colours in one pack as this makes matching them up after washing easy too.

SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC UHS-I Memory Card with SD Adapter - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly with my dashcam, 26 Aug. 2017
Works flawlessly with my https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nextbase-312GW-Digital-Driving-Recorder/dp/B01ELRJW5Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1503766714&sr=1-1&keywords=nextbase

Good quality.

Nextbase Dash Cam Carry Case+ PLUS Digital Video Recorder for 101 112 212 312GW 402G 412GW 512G DUO (Case Only)
Offered by iZilla

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects well and stays firmly closed, 26 Aug. 2017
How can one "love" a bag? lol

I certainly "like" it. It is thick and very protective, and has good Velcro fastening to keep the flap shut. It does what it's supposed to! Not much more can be said :)

Nextbase 312GW Full 1080p HD In Car Dash Cam Camera DVR Digital Driving Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi
Offered by iZilla

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, and encourages good driving from the owner!, 26 Aug. 2017
Really super car camera. The quality of the images is very good and I have had fun testing the unit out watching my journeys on the provided software. Not only is the speed and direction displayed, but there is a map (I think courtesy of Google) where the journey is traced too. Taking the camera on and off the gps part (which stays in the car) was a bit stiff at first but soon became easy, so protecting my investment is now very easy. I bought a case at the same time and don't regret it. It helps keep the lens clean.

This camera records all sorts of "interesting" driving behaviour of other drivers, some of which I don't always see fully because of concentrating on where I'm going. Of course, this is very much a two edged sword, it records what WE are doing too! lol. But, that's actually a bonus because it encourages us to drive well and to be careful of not exceeding speed limits. I would love to see insurance companies reward people for having these on board.

Brilliant dashcam! I highly recommend it.

Tomboy
Tomboy
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Michelle Rodgriguez plays a great lead part in this film, enjoyed it!, 21 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Tomboy (Amazon Video)
Liked this film, quite an unusual plot that, although not super-complex, I thought worked well. The film was over quickly for me which meant it hadn't dragged at-all.

Michelle Rodgriguez plays the lead character in this film, and in my opinion does a sterling job portraying a challenging mixed part (not going to give the plot away by being more specific because I hate that when others do it. If you are like me even a couple of words can reveal far too much and spoil suspense needlessly).

I also liked the support role that Michelle Rodgriguez played in Avatar (and other films) which I thought could have been developed more, and that's partly why I wanted to see how she did in this one. I wasn't disappointed and certainly look forward to seeing her in other films where she plays lead parts. I enjoyed this film.

It has my recommendation as an action film with a slightly unusual plot of medium complexity that isn't too challenging but still interesting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11