Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now
Profile for Signing mum > Reviews

Content by Signing mum

Signing mum "Signing mum" (UK)

Innotek Spray Commander Remote Anti Bark Dog Collar
Innotek Spray Commander Remote Anti Bark Dog Collar
Offered by Electric-fencing

3.0 out of 5 stars Use with caution, 31 Aug. 2011
These collars definitely have their uses but be careful about which types of dog you use them on. I have a challenging rescue border collie who used to chase joggers and cyclists and leap up at people. He is also aggressive to other dogs and has been so since a tiny pup. I considered whether to use one of these collars for quite some time before purchasing. I must add that ever since he was 10 weeks old he has been to the same training classes as my older border collie with whom I do competition obedience and agility so I did not see this collar as a quick fix in isolation but as part of a wider training programme and only after other methods were not working! I think the collar did help with the jogger and bike chasing and with the jumping up at everyone, something which he very rarely does these days. What I realise in hindsight however is that his aggression to other dogs is totally fear based and because of this I think the collar actually made his aggression to other dogs worse, something which I have been and will probably always be working hard to reverse. The collar is well made and functions as it says, I have no complaints on this score but please consider carefully if it meets your and your dog's needs. I have now passed the collar on to a friend with a poo-eating confident lab and it is working well to stop this behaviour. Probably not a great product for a nervous dog.

PetSafe ST-85 Spray Commander Training Collar
PetSafe ST-85 Spray Commander Training Collar
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

3.0 out of 5 stars Use with caution, 31 Aug. 2011
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 12:30 PM BST