Profile for lmh > Reviews

Content by lmh

lmh (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Creative Inspire T6300 (5.1) Surround Speaker System with Wired Remote Control for Music, Movies and Games

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a couple of things to be aware of...., 13 Dec. 2014
Great sound .......but check what 3mm input ports you have on your pc before buying. Had to get new speakers when the old ones died.
My old creative 3320 speakers stopped working (2.1surround sound - dead subwoofer) so looked for new ones on Amazon and these came up. Good price and good sound however the volume control is rubbish compared to the old one, twitch a finger and your neighbours could get annoyed! Unable to swap it as the power supply and volume control are moulded to subwoofer (unlike previous model ). Also you need 3 working input sockets black, green, orange to connect speakers to pc. I had the relevant inputs but only 2 worked! If possible check your pc before ordering and get a splitter from amazon at same time if needed. I had to place extra order for this but it did solve the connection issue.

Great sound good price but have to agree with othrs that they don't look or feel as good quality wise as previous set. Value for money though can't fault them.

Kitchen Sink Strainer Waste Plug (McAlpine bwstss-top) chrome
Kitchen Sink Strainer Waste Plug (McAlpine bwstss-top) chrome
Offered by The Home Store

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 1 Aug. 2014
Perfect, got this for my sis as her sink plug just died.

Wasn't sure of fit as it was nightmare trying to work out the measurements but water staying in sink now.

Quick and prompt delivery

Tescoma Delícia Heart-Shaped 6-Piece Cookie Cutters
Tescoma Delícia Heart-Shaped 6-Piece Cookie Cutters

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 22 Mar. 2014
Promptly delivered and good for the price from Tescoma. Bought these heart and also the star cutters when I wanted to make biscuits.

They are both as you would expect and with the range of sizes you are pretty much in business.

There aren't any negatives to either product I bought except I would have preferred them to have a tin, which would keep them together and in better condition (I hope). Still now in an old choc tin with other cutters so have them all in same place, so provided a don't muddle the storage tins easy to find.

after accidentally purchasing mini cutters in error relieved these were the size I expected!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Offered by iHD Lounge

5.0 out of 5 stars love it but cameras could be better, 22 Mar. 2014
I have now had galaxy tab 3 10.1 for 3 months love it.

Debated for ages over what to get tab wise (apple or android) didn't go with apple as have never really got on with itunes and wanted something that allowed use of other things which Apple is not known for.

my tab also came with free 16gb memory card included, also it was a lot cheaper than the air!

I probably don't use to full potential as I mainly use when I want to find something quickly on the web (no waiting around for 10mins for everything to load and update) before you can get going.

Also use for reading/skype

Only found a few negatives. Cameras could be better, I'm not very good at finding copy and paste features when I need them and a couple of other things (but as another reviewer said you can always google these)
Also don't have enough knowledge to delete some of the preloaded app icons on here that I will never need.

Only found one website so far that I couldn't access as you cannot get flash player.

if you don't desperately want Apple this is much better value imo and does what I need it to

Bosch Rotak 32 Ergoflex Electric Rotary Lawnmower with 32cm Cutting Width (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars good mower and very light (no back ache either), 19 Sept. 2013
I ordered the ergoflex 32 which was promptly delivered.

It is a good mower but it took me ages to put together (all other reviewers mention grass box but that was the easy bit). Maybe I'm just not good with pictogram instructions but I struggled fitting the handles (Mower kept rolling away, or I'd get one screw in and the other side would fall out, also had a couple of bits left over).

Anyway once I got that sorted I did get the grass mown and have to say this mower was way quicker than my old Qualcast (not as heavy and seemed to hold more grass). However it is very light so if like me you don't have good balance and there is a bit of a slope in your lawn it is very easy to tip this model up (mow fresh air instead of grass).

I had previously borrowed a Rotak 32 from a neighbour which is why I went for the Bosch. I thought this model being slightly heaver and having handle choice may be better for me but I could probably have gone with the Rotak 32 as I actually think that was easier to use and had better cut 20mm and got closer to the edges of my lawn (the Ergoflex is 30mm) .

That said I have only used both once so I'm sure weather permitting I will get more used to the model I chose. If you have a bigger lawn than my smallish one though you may need a mower with longer cable as this one did not seem that long.

Over-all good price and powerful machine so would recommend. Not sure how long it will last as not too sturdy. (So fingers crossed).

A big plus I forgot to mention my old mower made my whole body ache after use but absolutely no backache with this mower.

Two Lanes of Freedom
Two Lanes of Freedom

5.0 out of 5 stars Grows on me with every listen, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Two Lanes of Freedom (Audio CD)
Glad all the Curb issues sorted and we don't have to wait ages for new music from Tim any more.

I'll be honest I wasn't sure if I liked this album when I first heard it (internet download) but as I have been a Tim fan from the start wasn't giving up.

Sure enough several listens now and all the tracks are growing on me. There are several ballads and all tell a story. Though I like 'pop' Tim usually picks songs that you'll listen to in a few years and they won't sound out of date.

Call Me Irresistible (Wynette, Texas)
Call Me Irresistible (Wynette, Texas)
by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Something missing, 7 May 2012
I was so looking forward to this book as have loved all previous SEP books. Howevever there was just something missing for me.

I think the humour just wasn't there in this book. We know about Ted & Meg from previous books (Ted nice to everyone, georgeous) (Meg flighty but loyal).

I know no-one is going to like let alone love the person who wrecks their wedding but Ted has a complete personality change and IMO is 'nasty' for most of this book, the fact he is malicious to Meg and you don't get his humour/thoughts/feelings until virtually the end of the book make it difficult care about the outcome!

This makes the heroine look way better than she ought to be which may be the intention, I liked Meg as she didn't give up but the way the story went meant the 'hero' ended up more of a toad than a prince/sexiest man alive.........

Here's hoping the Great Escape is a return to form

Blown Away [+digital booklet]
Blown Away [+digital booklet]

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away (Lives up to it's title), 7 May 2012
This album was a long time coming but worth the wait a good mix of upbeat and ballards.

Standouts - Good Girl, Leave Love Alone & Cupids Got A shotgun (my favourites - upbeat).

Normally I don't like ballads but all tracks are well written and Carrie is such a good singer they all tell clever stories and show her voice to advantage. Never thought a song about abuse (Blown Away) would sound so good.

Not sure why the physical album isn't available in the UK 'til June (when it's out in the US) but If like Carrie or a good country singer I would recommend.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2012 9:27 PM BST

Merciless
Merciless
by Diana Palmer
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Merciless (Mass Market Paperback)
I was looking forward to this book as it appeared the lead characters had some omph and at last at weren't victims of abused past (as previous DP books).

Jocelyn & Jon were good charactors but there wasn't that much of their relationship (compared to book length IMO). There was way way too many pages spent repeating previous information from this book and previous books. I know there will be some as the books are linked but this is the 3rd involing this mystery!

It's almost as if DP gave the plot to someone to write up and the blanks were filled in without fleshing out the story. Jon and Jocelyn should have been sparkie but it just didn't happen.

I think I'll have give up on DP (too much repetition, too much video games referencing).

I feel a bit mean but if you compare this to earlier books eg Lawless, After Midnight or Desperado they were in different league engaging, concentrating on the chsracters and virtually no "filler"

Four The Record
Four The Record

4.0 out of 5 stars A grower from Miranda, 5 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Four The Record (Audio CD)
The only reason Four the Record got 4 instead of 5 stars is because I loved Revolution so much.

Miranda always moves on with her music and each song tells a story so the listener needs to actaully pay attention to the lyrics which means I'll probably want to give this 10 stars in future...

On first listen some of the tracks jar the ear but they're so cleverly written by Miranda you want to listen even if the track isn't what you expected (Fine Tune)and will grow on you.

Fav tracks so far Fastest Girl In Town, Safe, Mama's Broken Heart,Bagage Claim, Oklahoma Sky.

Good to see Miranda getting recognition she deserves. Looking forward to see what comes next as Miranda can write and sing anything and never sticks to the same old.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3