Profile for Elena > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Tala Cake Cooling Tray
Tala Cake Cooling Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for baking!, 17 Jun. 2013
Excellent quality, easy to clean, does what it says. My cupcakes remained intact ann they cooled off nice and easy.

Ethel & Ernest
Ethel & Ernest
by Raymond Briggs

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive and beautifully drawn, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Ethel & Ernest (Paperback)
Briggs' art is undoubtely beautiful and distinctive, the scetch and the colouring are clear and vibrant. I liked the story, but the narrative was a bit "too easy" for an adult, meaning that this graphic novel could easily be read by a child too. Of course this doesn't mean that the book is childish, but that it gives a feeling of a nicely drawn fairy tale for all ages.

Wilson
Wilson
by Daniel Clowes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Wilson (Hardcover)
The paperback was nice and the illustration was good, but the story was so boring and pessimistic.These self-centered, negative, anti-social characters are not my style.The story was very poor and I didn' t see any emotional depth to it.

Moonlighting : The Complete Seasons 1 to 5 [DVD] [2009]
Moonlighting : The Complete Seasons 1 to 5 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Cybill Shepherd

4.0 out of 5 stars Only for fans, 26 Mar. 2013
I love these series, reminds me of my childhood days, when my parents didn't let me watch the full episode (but I could catch the re-run at my grandma's!).Up to the third season, it's great.After that, you have to be a true fan to put up with the messy scenario and the terrible plot.

The Complete MAUS
The Complete MAUS
by Art Spiegelman

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read for everyone., 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Complete MAUS (Paperback)
I have no words to describe the greatness of this book.Buy it now.Read it as quickly as possible.It's not just a book.It' s a cultural monument.

Are You My Mother?
Are You My Mother?
by Alison Bechdel

5.0 out of 5 stars I have fallen in love with Alison Bechdel., 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Are You My Mother? (Hardcover)
After reading Fun Home and The Essential Dykes to watch out for, I came to the conclusion that this artist is absolutely great.Adorable, sensitive, extremely smart and educated.You don't only read her graphic novels, you learn from them.Although Fun Home (about her dad) is more interesting than Are you my mother (about her mom), if you are interested in learning more about the artist and probably also about yourselves, you must read this one.

The Hummingbird Bakery Deluxe Gift Edition
The Hummingbird Bakery Deluxe Gift Edition
by Tarek Malouf and the Hummingbird Bakers

5.0 out of 5 stars I would eat the book if I could, 26 Mar. 2013
Great cook book, great illustration. Recipes seem easy,I have only tried one of them and it worked out beautifully.Certainly love to have it in my bookshelf.

Sweetly Does It Assorted Paper Cake Cases - Pack of 250
Sweetly Does It Assorted Paper Cake Cases - Pack of 250

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, 15 Jan. 2013
Good-looking but a lot of grease after baking.Also, too expensive when you can buy same thing from Ikea, for less.

White Christmas [DVD]
White Christmas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bing Crosby

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: White Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
Quality of the dvd was great.The problem was that this movie is a feelgood old musical with only one good song (White Christmas).Its okay to watch it once, but you will never be thrilled with it, as with Singing in the rain, or Top Hat.

Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
by Alison Bechdel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, one of a kind., 15 Jan. 2013
Everybody should read this book.It's all about emotions, memories, the deep meanings of life.All that with a pinch of sophisticated humour and excellent drawings by Bechdel.

Page: 1 | 2