Profile for M Wilson > Reviews

Content by M Wilson

M Wilson (London, UK)

Second Chance Titleist Pro V1 Lake Golf Balls - 12 Pack (100% Genuine Recycled Lake Balls - Not Refurbished Or Refinished)
Offered by golf balls and Equipment

4.0 out of 5 stars Not far off perfect..., 26 Jun. 2015
Excellent balls for the price. Probably half of the balls had tiny marks on them, hence only 4 stars but on the whole they will all get used and similar scuffs will appear after a few shots anyway. Generally a good purchase and I suppose pot luck as to how many you would ever receive in perfect condition anyway. Would buy again.

Second Chance Titleist Pro V1 Lake Golf Balls - White, Pack of 12
Second Chance Titleist Pro V1 Lake Golf Balls - White, Pack of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch!, 26 Jun. 2015
Excellent quality lake balls for less than half the price of a brand new dozen. A couple of balls with tiny marks on them, but nothing that would prevent you using in competition. Superb, will buy again and again... and again...!

[Upgraded Quality] Anker Astro E5 16000mAh Compact Portable Charger (2nd Generation, Premium Panasonic Battery Cells Inside, External Battery Power Bank) with PowerIQ Technology (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, but only to 50% capacity, 6 Jan. 2015
I have waited nearly a year to write a review for this product as I wanted to give it a chance to reinstate my faith in these high-power mobile charging devices. Unfortunately, it has only done the opposite.

The first time I charged the Portable Charger, it charged fully, with all four power indicators alight. I used the item and the device worked well as expected. However, as soon as I needed to re-charge the device, only the first two indicators would light up, regardless of how long I left it to charge. I have noticed that the device, although still useable, clearly under-performs indicating it has only charged to half its capacity. I therefore asked a question to fellow users, as below:

"When I charge up the power bank, it only ever shows 2 lights of the 4 even when "full". Why is this?"

Answers:
- Are you charging direct from the mains supply or from a 3rd party ie a laptop?
Me - I charge from the mains.
- It sounds like you have been unfortunate with your unit and it has a fault.
Your best bet is to contact amazon customer service and exchange it for another.
You may even find that they will tell you to dispose of it carefully and send you a replacement.
Good luck :)
- Don't know what is happening. All 4 lights work on mine, but it does take a long time to get to full capacity.

I previously bought "PowerGen PGMPP12000 12000mAh External Battery Pack High Capacity Power Bank Charger Triple USB 3Amps output for Apple iPhone 5 4s 4 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch" and by chance had exactly the same issue. Uncanny.

I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong, but it is frustrating and I've lost faith in both Anker and Powergen devices as a result. I will try to contact Amazon but at this late stage I know it's unlikely to have a positive outcome.

Interestingly, the image of this product has also changed since my purchase from a bulky square shape to a more streamlined version now. I think the product is different and should have been set up as a new item.

Seve: The Movie [DVD]
Seve: The Movie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seve Ballesteros

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Seve..., 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Seve: The Movie [DVD] (DVD)
For any golf enthusiast, this film really is a must-see. A wonderful mix of archive footage and an account of Seve's life, the film describes his peasant upbringing, an obsession with a home made 3-iron and an incessant desire to succeed. It flips back and forth from his childhood days to his professional career, cleverly encorporating both without muddling chronology.

I need say no more, other than if you are not moved by this film, your heart must be made from stone. Very, very good indeed.

Mizuno Retroflex Pro - Golf Gloves for Left Hand Color: White Size: XL
Mizuno Retroflex Pro - Golf Gloves for Left Hand Color: White Size: XL

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic feel and comfort, 29 April 2014
Everything you want in a golf glove, great feel and comfort. Only worn it once so far, but all the signs are good.

Cannot comment on longevity.

PowerGen 12000mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank Backup Charger Triple USB Output for Apple iPhone 5S 5 5c 4S, iPod Touch, iPad Air, Mini (Apple lightning adapters Not included) / Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4, 3, 2 / HTC One M8 / Google Nexus 4, 5, 7; Nokia ; Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen; LG G3; Sony Xperia Z3, Z2 [Designed for Apple and Android Devices]

1.0 out of 5 stars Great start, but now malfunctioning and non-returnable, 27 July 2013
I was very excited about getting this product before a golf holiday in April, as I use my phone constantly around the course to help with yardages etc. and as a result often find very little battery left post-round.

I used it to full effect on the holiday and was over-the-moon with the purchase. Strong battery life, quick re-charging and perfectly answering the problem I had previously.

However, having used the item to recharge my iPhone 4 less than 10 times, the battery pack appears to have lost the ability of re-charging further than 2 lights (50%) full and the connector to my iPhone is also now quite temperamental meaning that I can plug it into my phone and it will charge for a short period before failing while still connected.

Most disappointing, but no problem - I thought - as surely... SURELY I can return to the seller. Nope. Return rights are waived after 1 month of use. How bad is that?! Effectively they are saying with this that the product is good for only a month's use!

So now I'm left with no "mobile" iPhone charger again and £30 out of pocket. Sorry PowerGen, you've let me down...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2016 10:53 PM GMT

Wahl 79400-800 Colour Pro Coded Mains Hair Clipper Kit
Wahl 79400-800 Colour Pro Coded Mains Hair Clipper Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit!, 20 Dec. 2012
For the price paid, I really cannot recommend this product enough. Smooth and solid, it works well when trimming facial hair just as well as it does when cutting hair. I bought the 0.5 grade attachment separately (as the product only comes with 1-10) to use on my face and I'd love it to have a 0.25 as well, but I'm just being picky.

Great product!

TeckNet Apple FM Transmitter Charge and Play for Apple iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, iPod Touch, Nano

2.0 out of 5 stars Matt Wilson, 20 Dec. 2012
To begin with this little gadget worked well, with only a little interference (but nothing more than you would expect for such a low price point product).

Over time however, the lead connecting to the cigarette lighter has become only partially functional meaning that I cannot guarantee that I can charge my phone at the same time as playing music which is quite frustrating. The charging function seems to trip in and out of action frequently, meaning you get an annoying beep every time it reconnects alongside a lit up iPhone.

Considering the age of the product it hasn't lasted anywhere near as long as I would expect, and I wouldn't recommend it as a long-term solution if you wish to use as a charger as well as a transmitter.