Profile for D. Mcmahon > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Serial Killers: 101 Interesting Facts And Trivia About Serial Killers
Serial Killers: 101 Interesting Facts And Trivia About Serial Killers

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 11 May 2016
Quite an interesting little book which contains considerable information about serial killers. It would have been more enjoyable and easier to read if it had been categorised by the name of each killer, but it is fascinating all the same

Cinderella's Secret Slipper (Classic Fairy Tales with a Modern Twist)
Cinderella's Secret Slipper (Classic Fairy Tales with a Modern Twist)
by Alinka Rutkowska

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little story, 6 Feb. 2015
What a gorgeous little book. I read it to a seven year old who was feeling particularly sad at the time, and it cheered her up immensely. The illustrations are bright and colourful and unlike a lot of children's books, it is not at all preachy or patronising. I will recommend it to other professionals who work with children as a way of successfully engaging, and would obviously recommend it to parents of young children.

Michael's Mighty Kick
Michael's Mighty Kick

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely little book which concentrates on sharing particularly in ..., 10 Nov. 2014
A lovely little book which concentrates on sharing particularly in team sports, it is entertaining with an underlined message about identifying feelings of jealousy which all children could respond positively to.

Luther Tells A Lie: Children's Books and Bedtime Stories For Kids Ages 3-8 for Early Reading (Books For Kids Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining little morality tale, 19 Sept. 2014
This is a cute little story which I read to a little girl I work with, at aged five she really enjoyed it, though as it used American terminology I had to explain what recess was. The illustrations are bright and engaging and the story is just the right length for younger children.

Smart Girl, Dumb Love: Three Stories about Young Love (The Breakup Girl Book 1)
Smart Girl, Dumb Love: Three Stories about Young Love (The Breakup Girl Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Jun. 2014
Maybe it has something to do with age or level of maturity, but I found this selection of short stories to be irritating at best and moronic at worst. The staccato rhythm was off putting and I had rushed through three stories before realising and without identifying or even liking any of the protagonists. I am sadly disappointed, as due to other reviews i had high hopes of being entertained.

Planning a Wedding - The Essential Guide
Planning a Wedding - The Essential Guide
by Laura Gartside

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem, 15 Jun. 2014
I bought this book for my daughter's wedding and she found it invaluable, resulting in my attendance at the best wedding I have ever attended, including my own. I wish I had it five years ago when I remarried. The little personal touches made it so special, and as most of the ideas were generated from this book, it is highly recommended to potential brides who want their wedding to reflect the couple's love and life together.

Single Witch's Survival Guide: A Humorous Paranormal Romance (Jane Madison Series Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 15 Jun. 2014
I was a little anxious at reading this book as i had not read any of the previous serious, and was concerned I would be a bit lost, and trying to play catch up but it was easy to just slot in and enjoy the story. It is a witty work of fiction which was entertaining and I look forward for reading other work by the same author.

Looking for Mary
Looking for Mary
by Beverly Donofrio

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Looking for Mary (Paperback)
This is a beautifully written book which I really enjoyed, both laughing and crying along with Beverly Donofrio and her search for Mary and what she means to her. It had an enormous impact on me and really increased my knowledge and connection with my own Mary. I normally donate my books to the charity shop, I can't part with this one, it is just gorgeous and highly recommended.

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
by Helen Fielding

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Jun. 2014
Having enjoyed the previous books so much I was really looking forward to the latest edition, but I found it to be repetitive, irritating and very disappointing. What went wrong Helen?

Speak Now
Speak Now

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Speak Now (Audio CD)
Some really catchy songs on this album which I enjoyed so much I've ordered other albums by the same artist.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5